Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa:

+13
Hanky Panky
Captain
Sharpedo
muffinz
tinning3
invisibleTerrarium
Gelatino
Dregadude
OverlordJ
NinteNerd
Spark Eletran
phantasmalDexterity
d_what
17 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa: - Page 4 Empty Re: Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa:

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:06 am

well, searching for that apparent rule resulted in nothing sooo... 

But I do agree that LOLCAT thing was just like the best thing ever literally no questions
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa: - Page 4 Empty Re: Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa:

Post by Dregadude Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:09 am

Or I'm quoting a MSPA forumite and not actually Hussie, that happens from time to time mspa

But really, I don't think there are any other exceptions to the rule. And even in that case "Tea" is monosyllabic, just in the wrong place.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:52 am

Glass and magma? Land is reddish, sky is cyan-blue. Shards of glass rise vertically from the ground, with ambient red light flickering/glowing from the bottom of them, some areas have glass piping with magma flowing through them, used for grind rails, other places have large glass structures like that cool Spinny restaraunt tower in Toronto? Underground glass covered tunnels that hold back magma and magma creatures, like aquariums only orange? Plant wise, scrubby brown and yellow dryish plants, and marram grass? Salamanders live under old carpetsy things held up by poles because it's too warm for walls?

I've always just gone with the rule that the land's name has to floe across the tongue. Sometimes you hear of lands and they sound terrible... Land-of-magma-and-glass doesn't sound half as good.

W is M upside down?
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:20 pm

wow that land is
actually really cool

Yeah, the only "rules" I "follow" when thinking of land names is that they have to flow off the tongue nicely, and that at least one of the words has to be related to the player's aspect. Oh, and also, that it can't be too realistic, too much like a location that could exist in real life. I'm not sure what to think sbout that "Land of Goldenrods and Typhoons". It's an unwieldy name that doesn't roll off the tongue well, and both of the things mentioned in the name are pretty normal in real life. I mean, I'd have to see a picture or read a description to say for sure, but hearing the name, I find it hard to imagine LOGAT as much other than... fields of flowers with a storm overhead.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:33 pm

It'd be hella creepy though. Waist-high golden fields under a looming thundery sky, ominous ripples crossing the horizon, blow by blow, a scratching noise, a rush at your feet... What was that? You turn. But there's nothing but the yellow infinite and the promise of a storm...

and lizards.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:48 pm

well if youre thinking just about the actual words like that

look at lolar

light and rain

just by reading that would you have thought of a place with like rainbow rain and sand everywhere with enormous lakes and it looks like chalk and yeah

no probably just a place that has both sun and rain

logat would be something more like what d_what said, with tornadoes and enormous wind everywhere, golden hurricanes carrying the flowers around everywhere, enormous clouds blocking the sky...

the gist of the land would be something golden-y/yellow (more or less that color i always use) plus a shitload of wind and storms and all, if someone can think of a better name feel free to say it
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:57 pm

If it's the gist and acronym you want to keep, I can help:

Land of Grain and Thunder (keeps the same themes but swaps goldernod for yellow maize. Also billows fantastically in wind and implies a great audio experience.) May I suggest sudden stormy cliff edges with deep grey-green seaspray and sparse ochre-planked old fashioned windmills? That's only if you're not attached specifically to typhoons and goldenrod of course. I'm just here to help.
Or even halp sometimes!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:19 pm

d_what why are you so good at this

can i hire you to make all the lands for ballstuck
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:34 pm

I'm really more of a passive support than an active one, I'm afraid. It wouldn't work.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:43 pm

d_what youre the best fuckin land make ever

OFFICIALLY CHANGING MY LAND TO GRAIN AND THUNDER

i didnt even really mind the acronym that much AND YET YOU STILL MANAGED TO KEEP IT LOGAT

seriously thats pretty fuckin awesome
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:22 pm

TBH I'm just surprised you thought of a concept and managed to pick the most complicated examples of that concept, I mean, thunder was kinda obvious Neutral

BONUS INFO THAT I DIDN'T NOTICE UNTIL AFTERWARDS:
Grain
Windmill
=
Flour
Your consorts can make bread and wear adorable bakers hats! Free bread!!!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Yeah yeah I know, also that's pretty cool! My consorts are totally Tuataras btw mspa

By the way something I just thought of Classpect-wise: One of the biggest difficulties while deciding a classpect is that they're so... broad. They literally describe like, everything someone can possibly do, IN MULTIPLE WAYS, so something you do can belong to more than one classpect.

That's why I think it's probably easier not to see what classpects your actions and behaviors fit into, but taking random ones you think might fit and analyzing if said behavior has some relation to it. Yeah. This might be something pretty obvious that like everyone knows, but it's just something I always sooorta knew and just now realized how to explain it with words.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:53 pm

don't care what my land is, but my consorts would definitely be parrots

they could only talk in disjointed phrases, usually in riddles. it would be infuriating but awesome
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:25 am

I thought all consorts had to be amphibians/reptiles?
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:57 am

Maybe? I mean, it was never actually stated in canon, that theorie is only based on the fact that the four different kinds of consorts we saw so far WERE amphibians/reptiles.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:51 am

Are angels a kind of reptile? Then again, angels being consorts is pretty strange in its' own right.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:49 pm

They weren't consorts, just a symbol of the Hope aspect.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:09 pm

hint: in your own imagination, you don't have to conform to the limitations (whether they actually exist or not) set by another person

My land could be the Land of Fish, Fish, and More Fish if I want and it's not like i'm breaking any federal laws or anything

In fact, now that I think about it, I'm sticking with it. My new land is LOFFAMF.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:27 pm

LOLALOL, Land of Lemons and Lots of Laughs, is MUCH better mspa
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:23 pm

[LOVE/RESPECT FOR MEENAH AND VRISKA INTENSIFIES]
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:02 am

if there was an update then i need yall to post it here for me, i can't access mspa right now
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:04 am

Gelatino wrote:if there was an update then i need yall to post it here for me, i can't access mspa right now
There were three pages with Vriska and Meenah. If you've seen those already then there is no new update.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:17 am

Just for you, Gela.:

Wow, the feels are strong with this update. I really love all the conversations between Meenah and the Serkets, they're really character-focused and fascinating to watch. Some of my favorite moments in Homestuck are when characters' introspection is the main focus of the story. It makes everything seem more personal and interesting, especially since Hussie writes dialogue so smoothly.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:21 pm

can't see the images because they're from mspaintadventures.com, i can only see them if someone re-uploads the images to another site. i'm not gonna ask yall to do that if it's too inconvenient, i can look at the update later
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Basically, the first image shows Meenah's mansion from the outside, with Aradia (?) sitting on the top. The second image is Vriska sitting on the floor facing away from Meenah while she sits on the red chest from earlier braiding Vriska's hair. The third image is a close-up of the braiding.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next