Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa:

+13
Hanky Panky
Captain
Sharpedo
muffinz
tinning3
invisibleTerrarium
Gelatino
Dregadude
OverlordJ
NinteNerd
Spark Eletran
phantasmalDexterity
d_what
17 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa: - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa:

Post by OverlordJ Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:42 am

The thing is, I didn't even know who he was before I've heard the jokes, to me, the joke Chuck Norris has nothing to do with the real Chuck Norris.

I barely know anything about the real Chuck Norris and to be frank, I don't really want to, why should I?

I just wish that there wouldn't always be someone who feels personally offended if someone tell a Chuck Norris joke and start telling everyone about how horrible Chuck Norris is, which then causes some crazy fans to be freaking protective over him. Sheesh, why must people care so much about that guy and the jokes about him?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa: - Page 2 Empty Re: Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa:

Post by Gelatino Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:34 am

I've never met anybody who's "serious" about chuck norris jokes and frankly that sounds like something really silly to be "serious" about, but that doesn't necessarily make them unfunny or anything

The whole idea is that chuck norris is a pretty cool dude who is an actor who plays cowboys and stuff, and also starred in some action movies i think. The jokes are really satirical in nature and point out the absurdity of chuck norris's fame. They also directly address his role in action movies, when he does all sorts of cool stuff and is generally considered a super good fighter and stuff. I think it's a bit silly that anybody would feel so strongly about his jokes, whether you love them or you dislike the people who love them. Really it's not the most important thing in the world.

That being said, did you know that chuck norris can divide by zero? And that he can unscramble an egg? pretty wild
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:42 am

I know, right?

I really like the jokes and I also think that people shouldn't take them so serious.

Also, you gotta respect a dude who counted till infinity. Twice.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:04 am

Chuck Norris is extremely, extremely, extremely anti-LGBT. So I am therefor doomed to hate him.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:30 am

There there IT. I'm extremely extremely anti-anti-LGBT so now you're un-doomed not to not hate me instead. IMO, chuck norris jokes minus the man himself are pretty clever. That'd really all there is to say on the matter?

So, doges? I wish Colwag was here. Dave's character arc is a weird one.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:09 pm

d_what wrote:There there IT. I'm extremely extremely anti-anti-LGBT so now you're un-doomed not to not hate me instead. IMO, chuck norris jokes minus the man himself are pretty clever. That'd really all there is to say on the matter?
See, that's the thing. In my opinion you could basically swap "Chuck Norris" with any supposed badass for these jokes. You aren't making jokes about a certain person, you're making jokes about a type of character, at least in my opinion.
Joke Chuck Norris shares nothing but his name with the real Chuck Norris.
At least that's how I see it.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:39 pm

guys, this isn't the chuck norris discussion thread.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:42 pm

as forum admin i officially declare this the chuck norris discussion thread slash ms paint adventures discussion thread

but srsly if you're actually legitimately somehow bothered by it nerdnerd then i guess we should stay on topic
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:10 am

gela your voice makes angels cry

with GLORY
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:49 am

Callie Ohpeee jokes?

Nah but seriously this update was adorable! Only three pages though... I really wanna know where this goes. And also where the curtains came from and why Jade recognises her! First guardian links perhaps? Or maybe in the past she's met Beta Calliope, the one everyone (was) looking for?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:04 am

I'm pretty sure the most likely possibility now is that Jadesprite met AltCalliope before being back as a sprite

And now Jade remembers a bit of the memory of meeting her while Callie doesn't know cause SHE didn't meet her, another... version... of her did

Also, since the curtains are paint-y like the door from before... Maybe Calliope is like, subconsciously making it? Like her Muse of Space powers are sort of overheating in a way cause she has been just sitting there for so much time and she can't do it anymore and now is accidentally creating stuff? either that or it really is altcalliope hiding nearby
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:27 am

Spark Eletran wrote:I'm pretty sure the most likely possibility now is that Jadesprite met AltCalliope before being back as a sprite

And now Jade remembers a bit of the memory of meeting her while Callie doesn't know cause SHE didn't meet her, another... version... of her did

Also, since the curtains are paint-y like the door from before... Maybe Calliope is like, subconsciously making it? Like her Muse of Space powers are sort of overheating in a way cause she has been just sitting there for so much time and she can't do it anymore and now is accidentally creating stuff? either that or it really is altcalliope hiding nearby
There we go, that's the most likely explanation for that by far.

Except nobody's hiding behind the curtain, Callie hid there when Jade arrived.

Personally I think it's fun that these two Space players are getting to know each other! Maybe Jade can help Callie while she's dead, or remember that she died and start reenacting the Jadesprite revival scenario but internally. Actually, that's probably what's going to happen.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:21 am

i never said she was behind her curtain

maybe shes just somewhere nearby, so close that she made the curtains next to our!Callie

also we BETTER see Jaiyde Harley (that is what im gonna call trolljade until we get a better name)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:48 pm

PUPES.

That is all.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:54 pm

NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:53 am

Yeah, there are so many callbacks to things here, with all these characters mingling. Personally I'm calling it right now that Dave's going to cut off Aranea's finger with Caledfwlch to kill her.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:11 pm

So, we've started having another slowdown on updates

While this could be due to Hussie working on the game... What if we get a flash?

Everything's just being set up for an enormous clusterfuck fight to begin between nearly every character in B2. Basically all we have left is the sprites, and since LOTAK is relatively close to LOFAF's new location, I could see them coming, a few people in Derse (Condesce, DD, Dad) who don't really need to come at the moment, John, who could really zap in at any moment, and the two other Jacks who, seeing as the Becs are here already, could arrive at any moment.

We also haven't gotten any glitches lately, which is good and might mean we're officially done with them... And with just so many people at once, most of them engaging in a fight with other ones (i mean, jack english would probably try to kill everyone he sees, and spades would stab them all. Either that or they could fight each other with Spades recognizing the poolball eyes/Jack English recognizing the staff)...

So yeah. I'm sorta expecting some sorta "Everybody: STRIFE!" flash or something. ...cmon, it would be pretty cool D:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:38 pm

I'm really glad the Becs are back, they're the best homestucks. Anyway yeah, I was expecting a repeat of the Mindfang/ Terezi's dancestor scenario, but I have a feeling that since She's breaking the rules here, things might not go her way.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:42 pm

But, if Terezi does die, I'll bet it's via hanging from her blindfold-scarf.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Yeah... I'm pretty positive it won't be like for real though, same for Jade. As in, they'll revive... Or Dave will go "nope fuck this" and doom this timeline by time travel. 

And there's one thing though... Why would Aranea kill Terezi, exactly? So far she has shown to be mostly passive unless it's really the only option. I could see her just disabling Terezi for a while, trapping her, I don't know... Just flat-out killing her doesn't seem to make much sense, even with our... current Aranea.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:07 am

Update! Huh. Didn't see that coming.

Definitely not the way I imagined this going. It's interesting to learn more about Heart powers (especially considering that I'm RPing a Seer of Heart in Ballstuck), but I highly doubt this is the end of the Aranea subplot.

(Also, I think Hussie just unwittingly referenced Naruto, specifically the scene where the Third Hokage ripped the soul (arms) out of Orochimaru. I think it was an accidental reference though because Orochimaru was a snake guy, not a spider guy. Although he does share many traits with Vriska.

edit: omfg brain ghost dirk is a ghostbuster dirk/john is now a valid ship
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:42 am

Did you REALLY not see this coming? It was SO obviously a trap and Dirk is hells of genre savvy. SECONDLY it would have taken nonphysical powers to remove the ring, because Aranea can't be killed. THIRDLY dirk is mad, on-location AMD we've never seen prince of heart powers. And finally, 'destroyer of soul' was pretty clear-cut. Frankly it goes to show how self absorbed Aranea was getting. Like playing amateurs in card games, they focus on and only on their win condition, even when the opponent can make it not happen. She had it coming.

Mind you I now have sympathies for her. Prior to the face heel turn she was a nice character and an excellent friend to Meenah and Vriska. I hope she realises the errors of her ways and glumly/humbly goes back to being a ghost for whatever time she has left, happy in the knowledge that she had an impact. Having her soul wiped from existence seems cruel and I wouldn't like Dirk to stoop to that level of disproportionate response.
Also Meenah would be all kinds of mad, and she could totally get the ring of life if she wanted to. Which at the moment she doesn't.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:57 am

d_what wrote:Did you REALLY not see this coming?
So you saw Dirk ripping out Aranea's soul coming??,?,,

Spoiler:
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:38 am

Well, since the soul destroyer exposition I'd expected him to do it the whole time. And when he confronted aranea I said 'right, now should do it.' So yeah. Not so much the ripping from the body thing though. Destroying the linked BETWEEN body and soul I hadn't seen so much.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next