Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa:

+13
Hanky Panky
Captain
Sharpedo
muffinz
tinning3
invisibleTerrarium
Gelatino
Dregadude
OverlordJ
NinteNerd
Spark Eletran
phantasmalDexterity
d_what
17 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa: - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa:

Post by Dregadude Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:27 pm

phantasmalDexterity wrote:
d_what wrote:Did you REALLY not see this coming?
So you saw Dirk ripping out Aranea's soul coming??,?,,

Spoiler:
Yeah, same. Tbh I completely forgot he was a PRINCE of Heart, so I didn't remember what powers he had access to.

But I think we're completely ignoring the interesting thing here, which is that Jake has the power to create a fully autonomous replica of someone else, complete with powers and clothes he didn't even know they had. Hope seems like a very vague power to me. And probably OP if used right.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa: - Page 3 Empty Re: Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa:

Post by d_what Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:39 pm

That's just it though. In HS and any media, ambiguous abilities are plot-powered. Why can't Roxy just conjure up an ultimate weapon, why can't Dirk de-soul all the bad guys, why can't Jake ????????: because as soon as the win condition becomes a certainty it's no longer gonna be feasible. Jakes powers won't solve everything because that's poor storytelling. Those powers have little to do with effort, friendship, intelligence or Jake's personality. Or even a chekov's gun. It won't work because it doesn't fit the formula for something that can.

Also BG Dirk seems slighty different, so... Perhaps Jake can't create entirely accurate clones. Or they'll have a short lifespan or will re-merge with Jake or Dirk at an early juncture. Creating an army of clones isn't really what Jake is suited to.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:10 pm

WHAT OKAY NO I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS
SOUL-STEALING IS A THING NOW

i knew dirk wouldn't fall for it, but???? this would have been fairly obvious for a thief or rogue, but prince??

NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:13 pm

dirks powers are awesome

both in how they work and how they LOOK ITS SO PREEEETTY

also yeah hope is op, and so is page, and thus jake has an extremely op title.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:47 pm

tbf Page is only OP if you live long enough to actually use it. It's the magikarp class of homestuck.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:08 pm

yeah true

though you could always use cheats, like a sylph of light mspa
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:28 pm

Naw, it isn't the Magikarp class because Magikarp evolves at just level 20 and it's unusably bad until then. I'd compare Page to something like one of the pseudo-legendaries: painfully mediocre--but not absolutely useless--for a very long time.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Or maybe Larvesta

It evolves REAAALLY late, the latest any Pokémon does (by level) but its pretty damn strong when it does and it's nearly Pseudo-Legendary level
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:53 pm

Plus it burns like the sun, just like Jake???

idk spark im just trying to help the metaphor
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:42 am

I love the fact that page is a perfect RPG tie-in. One of my friends is a page of life and she thinks it's a shitty class, and I'm like NOOOO it just means we'll carry you through most of the game because you're so patently non-offensive and then all of a sudden it'll be nigh unconditional immortality and resurrection, as well as insane plant control and probably object animation. Think of the things you could do :0

Hey guys, what are your titles and where did you find them? I'm the Knight of Mind, didn't expect it but it suits me ridiculously well. Uses the mind to fight. Complex stratagems and underhanded tactics, illusion and fear abilities in combat, in other people probably psychokinesis but I don't believe that stuff and since it's 'all in the mind' then I probably wouldn't get it. Mind suits me to a tee but Knight would be a major challenge for me since I'm intrinsically suited to support. So well done Skaia, a perfect fit!

And I did two tests, the colourdy one with the checkered symbols in the background (love that one, I hope Andrew stamps it as being the best one, then all of our classpects can be canon) and the one with the bloody trolls and the enneagrams and the non-canon classes, which I don't like so much. But same result both times Smile it occurs to me, mind players are probably best suited to working out other people's classpects, if they're not ridiculously self centered?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:20 am

I did Page of Hopes test. Before that I was thinking that Mage would be neat and I figured I'd either be Void, Doom or Rage. So when I got Mage of Void I just said "Jup, that fits, that's me"

Also, I hate the test you like so much, it told me I was a Page of Breath which is completly stupid. Though I admit that that was probably caused by the fact that most questions simply didn't have any correct answer for me.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:41 am

Took the test and got Knight of Space. Prior to this I got Prince of Breath from a different test, which I think fits better. Of course, for the forumstuck RP I'm the Knight of Doom, mostly because that's just so fucking cool.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:04 pm

TBH I wish Andrew would make an official one Sad but then I'd be sorely pissed if I didn't end up as a knight of mind. The whole thing is held back by the fact that we don't know what a lot of the classpects's relevance is. So far, Breath has only been defined as wind, and we've only had one decent example of a breath player (tavros never reached his potential...any of it) whereas Void and Doom have a lot of ontic weight to them even if we've never seen them in a homestuck context. Light, life, rage and mind do also. So people will be matching their personalities with these ones far before they do it with things like Breath and Blood, for all you know, you MIGHT be a breath player. Perhaps that's the challenge. Nothing about a Space player really shouts 'SPAAACE!'

If AH set up one of those reddit asks we should vote for him to make an official test. Maybe there'll be one in the game, a la muster dungeon! I wish Red and Blue was still hosted online Sad I always got my gen favourites...
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:22 pm

I don't think a simple test can truly cover the breadth of all characteristics and personal quests that define a classpect. It's something that people should decide for themselves. In my opinion, a personality test is fairly meaningless.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:28 pm

Well... we haven't gotten anything really confirmed for breath (other than wind) or blood (in general), but just from seeing the players we have there's a bunch of theories already, mostly focusing in Blood = Bonds, relationships, connection, stuff like that, and possibly literal blood power-wise with Breath being not only wind power-wise but also freedom, direction, journey and all of that stuff.

Also, I think of myself as a Mage of Breath, not only from having gotten it in a test (dont remember which one) but because I really think the (theorized) meaning of that title fits me in a Sburb sense. In a way, it's something that I want to be but can't figure out how, aka it challenges me (Understanding what I'm supposed to do, my "direction" in a way, and then... well, doing that, because I'm kiiind of really lost irl i guess?), but it's also partially something I ALREADY do, which in a way means it also fits me (One of my biggest preoccupations is understanding what others sort of... "think", I guess, when they do stuff: What is THEIR objective, and then base my actions around that, on how they could react to what I do and what would that lead them to do, etc)... And while that is a bit mind-ish, it's really likely there's a bunch of overlap between classpects, so yeah.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:38 pm

I feel like I could project my personality onto any classpect combination, so a title is fairly meaningless for me. The ones that I associate with most, though, are Prince of Space and Sylph of Light (and for the record i don't give a damn about gender-specific classes)
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:45 pm

I don't know about decision. Certainly people should have a say, but people are fallible and Sburb is a challenge; I think there should be an element of randomness involved, or at least indecision. I take the same view when making lands. A land should feel... Right, but not because you made it that way. Like Harry Potter wands I guess? The title and land choose you, because you suit them, not the other way around? Before I saw K of M I figured I'd be a passive Light role. Scribe, if such a thing were to exist.

Also sometimes I feel blood has to do with war and peace :/ blood = peace doesn't have a correlation except in opposite terms but it suits Karkat and Kankri's roles. A1 Kankri didn't do a whole lot because he came from a peaceful environment, and sought it anyway, whereas A2 could see the peace of Beforus (via his bloodline) and got seriously pissed off about it. Meanwhile Karkat has yet to do anything action-worthy because he'd use peace as a weapon, if only accidentally; he's a barrel of conflicts (wants to fight in an army, doesn't and is arguably the most human troll, mouths off and is first into the fray, doesn't achieve damage alone and ends up being an intermediary pretty often). But that's just an IDE and probably an unpopular one at that so disregard everything.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:00 pm

You're probably right, that people are fallible. Your classpect isn't chosen by anybody; it's just a fact of the universe, decided by fate. And maybe there aren't any concrete rules that define them, only correlations that we can try to find.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:12 pm

I've judged my classpect choices up to now based on what some troll (I think it was Vriska) said once, which was that the game chooses a classpect that the player would find challenging to live up to or even understand, but can achieve if they try hard enough.

Land is a lot harder to choose though. I basically have no idea how to make up something that "fits".
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:38 pm

IDE: let it randomly generate or just come across something you have a weird affinity for and throw it in there. Or let a friend pick, or you pick half and have a random object, and let someone else develop it. I found mine browsing stumble upon, and came across a stunning mountain vista. And it kinda spoke to me, except it wasn't "right" so I let inspiration flow and thus the Land of Peaks and Pillars was born. But I'd never have come up with it myself.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:57 pm

WELL SINCE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT let's brainstorm a land for Scoville, a Seer of Heart. So far I've come up with Land of Glass and ___ since glass is something that seems related to heart. Gimme a noun, any noun.

I asked my roommate for a letter to start with, and he said W. Land of Glass and Waves?  Ooh, that'd be really cool looking.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:25 pm

my own land is goldenrods and typhoon

also yeaaah glitch doesnt have a land yet OH NOOO

im trying to think of one but i cant specially since we dont even know if we have a theme or anything yet

so um yeah.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:13 pm

I thought the rule that AH approved of was that the first word has to be monosyllabic? And neither Goldenrods or Typhoons are
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:20 pm

little cubes isnt even one word though how does that even work
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:33 pm

His actual quote was something like "one word has to be one syllable and the other part doesn't matter"

And besides, it was Land of Little Cubes and Tea, which makes LOLCAT. The joke was too good not to use.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next