Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa:

+13
Hanky Panky
Captain
Sharpedo
muffinz
tinning3
invisibleTerrarium
Gelatino
Dregadude
OverlordJ
NinteNerd
Spark Eletran
phantasmalDexterity
d_what
17 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa: - Page 8 Empty Re: Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa:

Post by d_what Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:03 am

fuck I actually physically started sobbing at that last part, with the...cough. I don't know why. Fear? Relief? Worry? Pride? it's a lot of emotions.

Great flash though. Any one part of it would have been so-so but the whole was greater than the sum of  its parts.

ALSO I have DEFINITELY head that last track before! I wish I could remember where. I don't think it's the thing plaz was working on. Malcolm's tumblr maybe? E: nope it's called Heir of Grief and it's two years old so I probably came across it on his bandcamp or soundcloud at some point.

PM is fucking scary.

Last edited by d_what on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa: - Page 8 Empty Re: Sharpedo says Comdisc: The Thread :mspa:

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:06 am

heir of grief

it was released some time ago apparently

so fucking good

(and totally not ominous title)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:22 am

HERE IT IS

the beginning came out weird but shrug
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:27 am

it really speaks volumes that the thing that upset me most there was the (almost certainly permanent) death of spades slick.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:57 am

i think my favorite part has to be the clover fight. he's always been my favorite felt member, and it was p gr8 to see him fight karkat.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:01 am

I loved the sprite fights! Especially Roxy's and Kanaya's part. For a joke character Arquius is a total boss btw.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:46 am

ok yeah karkat beating the shit out of clover was pretty great
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:26 am

I felt that HIC died to suddenly and I think the Undertale reference was too on the nose. Good references should either be hidden, like the shrek, or should be unnoticable unless you know the reference source.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:47 am

the only time eridan has been seen smiling in the whole comic is when he was ridng shrek and holding cotton candy

really says a lot about homestuck as a whole mspa
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:02 pm

i loved all of roxy (she did a tatsumaki senpukyaku and a shin shoryuken. and pulled a marble madness.)

also, one punch dad

and all the fraymotifs

...and dave finally breaking the shittiest sword of all c':

also JADE MY BABY

and pm. pm is so fucking SAVAGE

but yeah i liked this flash

it had a nice mix of the first real, legit animated fight scene since the earlygame strifes

and also more srs cascade style stuff near the end

defs within my tops
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:08 pm

Earlygame strifes??? man have you forgotten about [s] Prince of Heart: Rise Up?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:12 pm

bruh by earlygame i mean sburb earlygame

like fighting minions or guaridans or. robots
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:27 pm

It started slow, but strangely the jake v felt fight was the best bit for me, followed closely by everyone just spamming everything ever onto HIC.

iT, I felt the exact same. I even think I dislike PM now because of what she did. I shouldn't dislike a good character for almost dispatching an evil one, but dammit, jack noirs are all my favourite characters, and evil or not I don't want them dead.

Undertale reference was a bit on the nose, but I'm justifying it mentally by saying nepeta was of the heart aspect, maybe it now has relation to DETERMINATION.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:35 pm

Kudos to Tavros, too. He fought well.

Since Dirk has been offed (however temporarily that might be) he might show up in the bubbles to fight LE! It is a thing that could happen.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:47 pm

Yeah Tavros didn't get one shot, that was pretty impressive. He lasted 5 seconds, more than most of them.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:39 pm

i don't think game over timeline tavros (skylark pirate outfit) got death lasered either, so that's nice.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:12 pm

davepeta was the perfect person for the undertale reference since they use they pronouns, have the heart aspect in them, and can go back in time to try things again

heart+time, surprisingly, is basically determination

also jake was pretty incredible i hope he's the leader of the felt now.

LE-wise, aradia and meenah are fucking SCARY holy shit, they actually hit him and made him visibly flinch and get hurt

and tavros, well... uh... .....he tried
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:10 pm

i think the problem with LE is less that he can't get hurt or take damage in the first place and more that he has an endless sea of HP that's basically impossible to ever deplete even if you CAN do a large amount of damage to him. notice that even by the end of the LE section he still seemed to be in no worse shape than he started despite all the attacks he endured.

i never really thought about the heart+time thing but you're right... even beyond the obvious "heart=soul" thing present in both HS and UT, the powers associated with determination are basically just a combination of "time stuff" and "soul stuff".

i'm still super sad slick died, he was basically the one and only Jack not portrayed as a total villain. i was actually like 75% sure he was going to have at least some role in helping the group fight jack english, but nope, apparently even the sanest jack is still too aggressive to work with anyone.

the former sovereign slayer is still alive though even if he is now disarmed and powerless, so i wonder if he'll continue to have some relevance or if pm is just gonna kill him immediately?

oh man you know what i just remembered? i just remembered that gcatavrosprite exists, and he still hasn't done anything after falling asleep. so that's another unused plot thread that needs to resurface soonish, i guess!

unrelated to plot stuff: i love the way the condesce, lenglish, and jenglish fights were set up, it all felt like some kinda combination between an action rpg and a fighting game... which is an inherently cool combination. the condesce fight seemed more overtly rpgesque and the lenglish fight more overtly fightingesque but they all had traits of both and it was really cool to see. it would be super fun to actually play a HS game that plays that way.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:17 pm

yes the fights were amazing

also i mean. powers or not, LE is a gigantic buff skullhulk. still impressive :0 especially since aradia timefroze the lord of time

i think Jack's gonna do Something still since he wasn't killed. not sure what, but Something
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:47 am

I got the impression Meenah managed to do a lot of damage to him. After Aradia froze him Meenah used a lifey Fraymotif and I doubt she was healing him, he also looked really pissed about it. I'd bet he took more damage there than he's ever done.

I hope gcatavrossprite dies, purely since Tav is pretty cool with dying and it sucks to be allergic to yourself.

LE's moves were awesome. Not because they were cool but because they described him as a character. He could have just beamed shit, but Caliborn is a brutal bar-room brawler who prefers viciousness before sense. It was really well done.

No update today yet! I wonder if it will be today or if I'll have to wait for tomorrow morning.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:44 am

it's not for a week
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:45 am

oh wait no? i didnt realize there were updates this week nice
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:03 am

Yeah there's an update today. In approximately 7 hours, if the rough average time from previous non-flash-update days is to be trusted!
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Well, last update answered quite a few worries in a relaxing manner
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:19 pm

this seems happy

TOO happy

that white screen static seemed ominous but now... ???
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next