Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

+8
OverlordJ
kotakun
Hanky Panky
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
tinning3
12 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 5 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by Captain Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:10 pm

Latios is in Omega Ruby and Latias is in Alpha Sapphire and we get them via event.

Version exclusives LOL I'm getting both Very Happy
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 5 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:39 pm

With how NoA's been with ORAS info lately, I'm a little worried the US is going to get shafted with that. Then again, I should have a spare copy of Emerald laying around somewhere, so it's not a huge deal.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:07 pm

Well they're pretty alright I guess! And I'm very glad I was correct in assuming the supposed types were fake. Pidgeot's sort of plain but not boring. Its design works fairly well even if it isn't as eye-catching as most megas attempt to be. The idea of it getting a Sp. Attack boost is intriguing. We don't really have any special-attacking Normal/Flying types besides the mediocre Noctowl and Chatot, so I'm curious to see how it turns out. I could imagine it having something like 83/80/85/130/90/111 stats, perhaps?
Beedrill is pretty good, I like it. Adaptability's a nice ability for it, but I'm worried 495 BST might not be enough to make it useful. It'd be great if it got something like 65/120/60/45/80/125 stats, but that might be a little too much to ask for. Honestly, I'm just as exited for the prospect of a potential future mega Butterfree as I am for mega Beedrill right now. Who knows, maybe we'll see it in "Z" or in gen 7.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:41 pm

Yay, usable beedrill! And stronger pidgeot! I always end up with a pidgeot and always want to use a beedrill, so both will be usefull in different ways. Megapidgeot looks like staraptor also.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:09 pm

Staraptor WISHES it'd look like Pidgeboss. Pidgeboss is so fly, you don't even know man!

But yeah, I love the design but doubt their usability a bit...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:05 pm

dude mega beedrill looks fucking siiiiiiiick
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Mega Beedrill looks like an absolute badass, and so does Pidgeot. Really digging Pidgeot's Apollo Justice hairdo.

On the smash side of things, I'd like to secondary-main Lucario. He's a lot of fun this time around, everything that they changed is really cool, they fixed his weird weight issues, and in general he's a super fun character and i'd like to be good at him.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:19 am

So apparently there's some leaks or something regarding info? But its not on serebii so for the sake of hope, the game itself, and spoilers can we maybe not discuss anything deemed iffy or unfair to the devs Sad I still regret finding out about the shulk/duck hunt dog leak. That was so unfair to Sakurai.

Also I was thinking about stuff that will never ever happen, and thought of:

Move:Calcify - The user toughens its body and heals itself. Also raises Defense. Rock type, 10pp

Move:Crystallize - The user hardens its body and heals itself. Also raises Special Defense. Rock Type, 10pp

Item:Buffer Lotion - Hold item, reduces super effective hits on Rock and Ice types by a small amount. (1.3× maybe)

Relatively limited distribution, they would suck on things like Cresselia/Tyranitar/Sableye/Diancie. But these might be just what a lot of lower tier Rock and Ice types need. Off the top of my head, I was thinking 

Crystallize: (sp.def)
Golem
Lapras
Corsola
Steelix
Armaldo
Regice
Rhyperior
Avalugg
Aurorus
Carbink

Calcify(def):
Golem
Probopass
Aggron (heheheh)
Cradily
Relicanth
Regirock
Gigalith
Cryogonal
Aurorus

So question. Is this enough???  Is it too much?

On most of them I tried to patch up their weakest defense, but that would have broken Regirock/Ice/Aggron so instead they get to be impenetrable on one side and have reliable recovery. Which I think they earned! Cradily gets more useful, since Sandstorm can up its Sp.Def as it recovers and buffs its def - also grass/rock is a cool niche typing. Aurorus and Golem get both, Golem because it's an archetypal rock type that deserves them (and needs the surprise factor) and Aurorus because even with both Aurorus ain't going anywhere. Rhyperior should be top tier with recovery that boosts its Sp.Def but I think the designers wanted it to be top tier anyway. It'll still be counterable, but it will finally be the rock type OU deserves that isn't Tyranitar. Cryogonal and Avalugg may finally be useful consistently (and switching into SR let's them recover immediately afterwards. Can't recover on full health.)

The item exists mostly because I realised these guys won't be able to use Assault Vest/Choice Items with the moves. It's pretty niche but could come in useful for something like Cradily.

So if you had developer access to the games, what sets would you make with access to this cool stuff guys? I know we have some Avalugg fans in the audience :B
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:57 am

How much does it heal?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:04 am

At first, I thought half. Then I thought a third.

But you know then I thought a half again, since it's never gonna happen might as well do it properly Very Happy Mixed Wall Rhyperior New Meta #20Never

There might be some other not-ice, not-rock Pokemon that deserve it too, but I couldn't think about any from the top of my head.

Edit: Calcify on Golurk, or Cofagrigus/Dusknoir (NOT DUSCLOPS) might be cool. I mean, bulky ghost types exist quite commonly yet none of them are actually good. Would it be so wrong to give them reliable recovery (bearing in mind Cofagrigus and Dusknoir are strongest on the physical side anyway)? Crystallize on Starmie would guarantee a place in OU for it for basically ever (but only the bulky spinner set would really benefit from it). I wouldn't object to it.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:09 pm

For stuff like that I am almost always more about flavour then meta. Cubone could have Calcify, because, you know, bones. Also, wouldn't Calcify fit Corsola better then Crystalize?

EDIT: Also, are we listing ideas for neat attacks now? Because if yes, I want a special psychic quick attack. Maybe call it brainwave. Though the german term Gedankenblitz is way more awesome. Thought Lightning! (Okay, so tought flash might be a more accurate translation but that doesn't sound as awesome)
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Yep sure go right ahead mspa The problem with flavour is that it's inconsistent, and inconsistent across language barriers too... and to easily breaks stuff. Crystallize COULD be given to Sableye, but... that would be cruel :/ Likewise either to Registeel, or anything that could make serious use out of it that's already really really good. Ten bucks says Marowak won't be able to make use of it, but it DOES fit the flavour so okay then.

Mind you anything with gems or even Power Gem could get Crystallize. Now THAT'S a can of worms!

Edit: Who gets it and what benefit does it have OJ! We could give 40 base power priority moves to a whole bunch of Pokemon but in the end we're talking cost-benefit analysis dealies. I still hold by my 60 bp priority special Fire move given to some firetypes and a lot of grass types! Roserade would be SO AWESOME. (Ignition/Ignite/something something sparks)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:03 pm

I said I am not good at meta stuff when it comes to pokemon stuff. I'd obviously give it to pokemon who seem to be able to think fast, like Alakazam and such. And yeah, I was thinking 40, because 60 is quite a lot for a priority move. I mean, there is only one and that one is normal and pretty limited, right?

Anyways, give me some time and I'll give you a list of attacks I would like to see, how strong they should be, how many PP they should have and who should get them.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:27 pm

btw
Not gonna specify what the leak said but
It basically told us five megas, including what we'll supposedly get in the demo
They also said all those megas but one would be revealed in the next 2 weeks so. The people who did look at the leaks will know if they're true or not very soon :0
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:59 pm

I saw the leak.
duh what do you think youre going to find under here:

Anyway, sorry I kinda disappeared there. I was in Pennsylvania, land of the Amish! Except I was nowhere near Amish country. I was at an indoor water resort. Which is pretty much... the exact opposite of Amish. mspa
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:32 am

Y'all know that leak is fake, right? The mods of /r/pokemon were trying to verify the leaker's identity, but all they received were some images that had already been floating around on the internet. The leaker also made a couple comments about Contests that give me the impression they don't know what info's already been released. So I suppose by some fluke the leaker could just be legit and really clueless, but it's definitely smelling extremely fishy. Also, the information was all fairly safe guesses (apart from customization).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:58 am

Well I mean
Whether it's fake or not doesn't matter seeing as we'll know like literally on Wednesday
We'll know it for sure by then because of the demos :0
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:21 am

I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:11 am

Pokemon spoiler discussion:

In other news, I finally beat kid icarus uprising. I got it last year and kinda dipped in and out of it because the plot goes all over the place, sometimes with absolutly no rhyme or reason, and it kind of put me off.
But now I've finished the story and the ending was really good, so overall it's a great game. Going to go replay the missions a hell of a load more now so I can 9.0 them all.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:44 am

Agh, I should probably finish that game. It started to get a little repetitive and the online matches were more enjoyable than the story, so I just kind of fell off on that one.

...But now there's Smash 4 and ORAS coming around the corner so I'm probably not going to be completing KI:U anytime soon.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:49 am

Really? I loved the story, but never got into the multiplayer. Of course, I don't have the game with me, so I wouldn't be able to play it with y'all anyways.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Honestly, it seems fishy to me. I doubt the leak is true
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:45 pm

To be honest, I couldn't care less anymore about whether the leak is true or not.

I mean have you SEEN these games.

Just the graphics, the stuff theyre adding, the gameplay, the nostalgia, it's just becoming harder and harder to take in, I'm so so so fucking happy, happy beyond what words can adequately describe.

Omg imagine what I'll be like if/when the DP remakes come out.

EDIT: Leak is fake, see spoiler for details. There's spoilers in there. Which should be obvious.
Spoiler:
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:01 pm

HOLY SHIT THE POKÉNAV INCORPORATES THE HABITAT LIST FROM B2W2 BUT WAY BETTER.

Also, the US is getting the demo codes on the 20th via the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter, so if you don't have an account, just go make one quickly.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:22 pm

The new footage looks great Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy although, I am sad, because:

1) Lati@s is befriended and added to your team in story mode (explain later)
2) Given the 3DS, I bet flying isn't in 3D. Which is a shame. Because if it was the game would have to get 10 out of 10 in reviews for hitting all the things that older Pokemon games tend to miss (graphics, shaking up the formula, mini game quality)

I want to believe that this is a spiritual successor to HGSS, in the way it so lovingly embraced the new yet was so steeped in charm and nostalgia, in addition to adding a whole bunch of cool stuff. I love XY, I do, but there was something so wonderfully perfect about HGSS. On this note: GBA sounds please! GB sounds item was SO COOL in HGSS and even if GBA music isn't as quality as GB/GBC music it would still be really nice to have Very Happy (...that and having Pokémon follow you around, but having 3D models has kind of pooped on that idea.)

Explanation for Lati thing: I've waited three gens to have a usable Latias/os. The latis are INCREDIBLY good in battle and they're really valuable, and with gen 6 mechanics, good legendaries are enticingly possible. Because of that, I'm gonna have to continually soft reset for a great Lati... While in story mode. Which sucks. I don't mind doing it afterwards D: maybe we can release them and befriend them later? //unlikely
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next