Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

+8
OverlordJ
kotakun
Hanky Panky
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
tinning3
12 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 3 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:50 am

I laughed at "frog". :0

And I mean. Bowser Jr DOES technically count his metallic Koopa Car as well, sooo... Not surprised :0

Also, I can kinda see Pacman and Palutena (They're just. Slow and floaty lightweights), but Villager is medium?? Well someone's been eating some fruits now hasn't he
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 3 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by tinning3 Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:23 am

kotakun wrote:im about three steps away from getting smash

1) need to get a 3ds
2) need to get interest in playing smash
3) need to get smash

Wait, what? You can't just jump in at Smash 3DS/WIIU, you have to start from the start or it won't make sense! Now, you should start at 64, but if you absolutely can't handle it, then it's okay to start at melee so long as you get all the trophies. After unlocking everything in each game, you have to wait the exact amount of time that it took until the next release to play that game. Have fun!

ALSO My game is awaiting dispatch, all the hype bounce
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:04 am

I really enjoy using Rosalina, she's really fun. Also in my list of good newcomers is Little Mac, who is my joint main alongside another newcomer, Greninja. I just like hit and run style characters, they work well for me. I rarely find Little Mac's lack of air to be a problem. He has really good ground speed so jumping for moving purposes isn't an issue anyway. And I've found his recovery is, whilst complete garbage, actually a tiny bit not as woeful as I thought. Specifically his side recovery.

Actually, I ranked the smash 4 characters (I've unlocked them all)

Lookit:

I really hate the way Palutena plays, at least with her default specials anyway. She's actually not THAT crap with them. They basically turn her into a defensive character. Her aim is to reflect and defend, with maybe one or two moves being attacking (besides her smashes and tilts), and theyre from a distance anyway.

I also kinda wanted Shulk to be better, and maybe I just havent given him a chance, but I really suck as him. Not a massive fan of sword users anyway though, so maybe that's why.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:48 pm

SPARK THAT DAVE GUY WAS YOU KICKED OUT OF UR SMASH ROOM WAS ME HOW DARE YOU
(my main mii's name is dave, as in strider, in case you wanted a reminder that i'm still 1000% homestuck trash)

In addition, I've discovered my new favorite character: Little Mac. I didn't think this guy's on-the-defensive, strike-HARD-when-you-can, don't-even-fucking-try-to-do-anything-in-the-air playstyle would appeal to me, but,,, it does. mspa
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:42 pm

OK I FELT THIS WARRANTED ITS OWN POST BUT I STARTED MY RANDOMIZED PLATINUM NUZLOCKE AND I GOT SHARPEDO AS MY STARTER OKAY GOODBYE
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:44 pm

So I'm a little surprised at how good Duck Hunt Dog is. And Zero Suit Samus.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:53 pm

bowser jr is where it's at
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:47 am

invisibleTerrarium wrote:OK I FELT THIS WARRANTED ITS OWN POST BUT I STARTED MY RANDOMIZED PLATINUM NUZLOCKE AND I GOT SHARPEDO AS MY STARTER OKAY GOODBYE
you have been blessed by our leader now dont mess it up or there will be hell to pay forever
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:55 am

So, I take it you're all enjoying Smash now?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:37 am

ive always enjoyed smashing things its just one of the viceral pleasures that everyone takes in just completely wrecking stuff and sending it into a million pieces and validating the second law of thermo by utterly increasing the entropy yeah thats the ticket
in fact i think i want to smash something now does anyone have a vase that they wouldnt mind not having back in one piece that theyd like to give me?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:12 am

get the fuck out of my house, link.

stop smashing my vases
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:13 pm

So is anyone else really annoyed that the Gravity Suit trophy used the Other M design instead of literally any other one?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:29 pm

other m is garbage

or so i hear. i never bothered to play it.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:36 pm

You're not missing anything good.

Also, I now have all of the characters unlocked. Now to see about getting all of their special moves.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:45 pm

BOWSER JR

EVERYONE SAY IT WITH ME
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:36 pm

it with me
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:16 am

...oh, sorry IT 80

On other news

My main main continues to be Villager, but I'm getting p good at Pit and Robin now too! I can do some damage with Shulk, Bowser and Sonic as well.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:18 am

I'm definitely enjoying Bowser, Ness, Bowser Jr., the Pits, and Duck Hunt Dog so far. Marth is officially terrible, as are his and Fox's voice actors. Falco and Ganondorf continue to be unimaginative clones.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:43 pm

Woo, smash came today! And then i had to go out! But I'm back now, and it's great.
I enjoyed pacman more than i thought i would, his moves are fun.
Robin is going to take more practice to use than I had thought, but I love FE:A so I'm going to try.
Didn't realise Lucina was a hidden character.
Just been using all the new characters to get a feel for their movesets incase i get them on random.
Training mode spamming pokeballs isn't possible anymore, le sigh.
I need more miis, having only 3 on my 3DS has made the selection very boring. Might scour for popular characters online, might ask other people to send me their miis.
Doing classic mode on 3.0, playing on the 3DS is going to need some getting used to before I start going for anything higher.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:58 pm

how did i never get around to using ganondorf in brawl
he is so satisfying to use
i bested a ZSS in for glory 1v1 with him. probably because that wasn't a very good samus though.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:21 pm

tinning3 wrote:I need more miis, having only 3 on my 3DS has made the selection very boring. Might scour for popular characters online, might ask other people to send me their miis.
I was in the same situation then I downloaded a shitton of Homestuck and Pokemon Miis so I was sorted. I now have a Dave swordfighter Mii, and bc of the custom outfits, he had a red shirt+cape too, so it's pretty much perfect.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:17 pm

I finally got Mr. Game & Watch and finished unlocking all the characters! Now to start working on collecting the special moves for the characters I like. (and also Mii costumes, because geez are you limited at first when it comes to those)

Pro tip: Pac-Man is apparently pretty bad at Smash Run! Either that or Smash Run makes me play way worse as him. He's decent enough in actual battles with his high power moves and all, but below-average speed, lowish jumps, and a non-damaging up special is just not a good combination in that mode.
I'm really feeling it when it comes to Shulk, though! His Monado Arts are basically perfect for Smash Run-- good, since I want to collect all his moves soon. I also love how all his alternate colors seem to be based on the color schemes of the other party members in Xenoblade. I'm not sure about the others, but I've definitely found colors inspired by Reyn, Dunban, and Melia, and I think the orange/blue one might be Sharla?
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:38 pm

Little Mac continues to be my favorite character and i will fuckin fight ANY OF YOU.
,,,we should have a tournament 80

Mac is actually really fun in smash run due to the challenge of climbing  when your jumps are so absolute shit, but also the sheer satisfaction in nailing a huge enemy with the KO uppercut.

Also muffinz it is not just you, pacman is definitely terrible at smash run.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:14 pm

I'm completing the challenges, we shall see if Pacman is terrible at Smash run or not...

Also iT I will fite u for Little Mac he is MAI BABBU NOT URS.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:25 pm

Has anyone tried fighting strangers online? We lagged like mad, and I won at 3 points with everyone else being in negatives. Is it bad that I'm super used to fighting in a laggy environment? Also, is it only that bad with strangers, or is it that bad even with friends?
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next