Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

+8
OverlordJ
kotakun
Hanky Panky
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
tinning3
12 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 40 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:46 am

Oh yeah, I remember when they announced that. Still kind of vaguely want the game, but there's other stuff I want more at the moment.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 40 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by OverlordJ Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:33 pm

That's really neat, crossovers like that are always fun
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:32 pm

I was expecting WAY more comments here after today's smash stuff :/ especially from Spark. It's unsettling!

Lucas is great though. Definitely buffed. His PK freeze actually hits things now :0
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:32 pm

Wagh I've been in Canada with minimal access to Internet--what's happening?
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:17 pm

Yeah, I didn't realize that was today.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:20 pm

Here is what is happening, ILO, if you don't mind spoilers:

Oh my god I want Lucas right nowwww, but we still haven't got any internet set up at the new house. Unfortunately, it'll be a few days before I can return to posting regularly! But yeah, Lucas looks great and I am seriously considering trying to main/semi-main(?) him once I can purchase him.

This other stuff revealed is really neat too! I am kind of shocked that they decided to reveal the third and fourth DLC characters literally minutes before they were released, but it's actually pretty fun to have them come out of nowhere like this. As a person who has played neither Melee nor any of the games that either of these characters originally appeared in, I am not as exited as I might otherwise be, but they really do look cool.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Whoops!

Okay so E3 related leaks started predictably early, though some of the leaks were already pre-leaked. And Sakurai's video basically outlined that two retro characters are now available on the eshop for purchase
(no spoilers because who cares)
Lucas and Roy (not the koopaling). Yay? Not buying Roy tho :p
There's also a purchasable Dreamland stage (not worth it IMO), and a bunch of Mii costumes (including Inklings, and Megaman.Exe and Zero, which look cool, but also probably not worth it.)

He outlined that all Smash characters will have Amiibo eventually (cool), and that a new wave with G&W, Duck Hunt, ROB (<3, but give me an actual ROB plz) and Falco are on the horizon, and also the Mii fighter amiibos.

And then finally, a new (but previously leaked) character from a well-known non-nintendo franchise is now available, view at your discretion, though you're better off watching the video (sans comments and related video, because of spoilers):
Spoiler:

So yeah that's all for now.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:43 pm

So, apparently Roy has been partially de-clone-ified. He's got mostly the same specials as before aside from a different neutral B, but many of his regular attacks are changed up significantly, with very different animations and effects from Marth's corresponding moves. It's weird, looking at him in action... he's like, significantly less of a clone than Dr. Mario or Dark Pit, but still kind of clone-ish. Like, maybe 55-60% "marth with different properties", and 40-45% "individual character"? So yeah, I'm more in favor of his inclusion than I was previously. I still think he's a somewhat silly addition to the game, but he looks like he'll play quite differently from Marth.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Can I, can I, uhh...

Can I formally request that I swap out Lucina for Roy? Neutral I still can't really appreciate the 3 clones. They're reskins with slightly different percentages and/or hitboxes, and they're pretty subtle about it. I like that they exist, it's just... don't call them new Characters, Sakurai? I probably would buy Roy only it'll increase the odds of me facing yet another swordsman when battling CPUs. Snore!

I wanna keep playing Lucas though Very Happy He was the only one of my mains in Brawl who wasn't nerfed in SB4, sans Rob who I'm terrible with. And his specials really are different from Ness's custom specials - again, they're subtle: They play similarly, but are just better.

EDIT: Roxy was right. That homestuck update...
Why is everything SO WONDERFUL
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:25 pm

Ahahaha, poor Rose
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:40 am

SORRY I'VE BEEN BUSY FREAKING OUT IN SKYPE AND ALSO PLAYING W THE NEW DLC

SO LIKE

I KNEW HLEAKS HAPPENED AND I KNEW THE TWO CHARACTERS LEAKED BUT I DIDN'T LOOK AT THEM AT ALL

AND IT WAS JUST **HOLY SHIT** AND AAAAAH

I ACTUALLY FUCKING LOVE ROY HIS DESIGN IS SO GOOD AND HE FEELS AWESOME TO PLAY HE'S DEFS BEEN DECLONIFIED FROM MARTH

HE'S NOT 100% ORIGINAL BUT HE'S A SEMI-CLONE. LIKE FALCO OR GANON LEVEL I'D SAY ALMOST

ALSO LUCAS IS SURPRISINGLY GOOD? THIS IS WEIRD AAA

spoiler character:

AND I JUST. I LOVE THIS DLC

ALSO

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE CHAMPIONSHIP

NEW GAME ANNOUNCED: BLASTBALL? IT'S SOME WEIRD METROID-Y SPORTS GAME WITH GIANT MECHS YOU SHOOT A BALL INTO A GOAL LIKE LITERALLY SHOOT IT WITH ENERGY GUNS

ALSO, FOR EARTHBOUND'S 20 YEARS - EARTHBOUND BEGINNINGS, AKA MOTHER 1 TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH ON THE WII U ESHOP STARTING NOW

OH AND, MARIO MAKER? YEAH FUCK THAT

NOW IT'S SUPER MARIO MAKER AND IT'S... IT'S... I HAVE NO FUCKING WORDS TO DESCRIBE IT

JUST WATCH

E3 HASN'T EVEN STARTED AND ALL THIS SHIT ALREADY

I AM KIND OF TERRIFIED FOR WHAT NINTENDO'S GOT COMING
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:43 pm

Haha, I've got all three of 'em, suckas~~~
Octi, it's the second batch of DLC. Roy and Lucas return, and Ryu from Street Fighter joins Smash.

Lucas feels the same. He was my main in Brawl, and he will always be the tiniest badass who ever up smashed an up smash.
I don't know what they did to Roy, who I was never very good with, but he's just really accessible this time around. I was really surprised with the ease I was able to kick around the CPU's. Everything about him just feels unrestrained and powerful, and he's great to just pick up and play this time around.
I DON'T FUCKING GET RYU, I'VE NEVER PLAYED A STREET FIGHTER GAME SO I DONT KNOW ANY OF THE SPECIAL BUTTON COMBOS. AND ALSO HES JUST REALLY WEIRD AND BULKY-FEELING AND THERES PROBABLY COOL STUFF U CAN DO WITH HIM BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:46 pm

Why are there so many of us who mained Lucas in Brawl?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:13 pm

I always mained Pokemon for some reason

Actually, that's not saying much because I mained Pikachu then picked up Lucario a little while ago.

Given how little I play, I'm not entirely sure if any of the DLC is worth spending money on, really. Ryu sounds interesting, but it's a bit of an investment...
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:07 am

Ryu is okay really! I can't combo with anything in Smash so it doesn't matter to me if I'm using him badly; I'm not gonna be winning matches anyway. But his special moves are okay. I still can't get the hang of his Focus Attack and its cancelling, but his powerful up attack thingy is fine 80% of the time (if you're coming into it from a dash, then its a quick down and forward-down, but I can't do it in the air yet), his twisty thing is mostly fine as long as you remember to not attack until the buttons are entered, his blue pew pew pew is easy enough most of the time, and I can do his red one but sometimes it becomes blue. I'm still not sure what the deal with the light/heavy attacks are, none of mine end up bring the middle type. His attacks are pretty powerful though, and he doesn't have many weaknesses. I expect some sort of nerf in the future and an expansion of the window for combo button presses.

I wonder if we'll be finding out about the next Pokemon game sooner or later? One thing is for sure; whatever game it is, they're gonna announce it with at least one new Mega. I wonder who'll get the lucky treatment? (I hope a Kalos or Unova mon)

EDIT: Unrelated to anything, I'm beginning to wonder if Solar1s *changed for avoiding search results* is, like, the anti-me? Gosh that guy/girl/whatever gets on my nerves sometimes >:I
In regards to why; I can respect that people can have varying opinions on whether or not reverse racism or reverse discrimination exists, but I will be upfront and say if all your arguments fall back on *airquotes* "society" being a single cohesive thing and the be-all, end-all decider of every moral debate, then I strongly suggest you go complain "to society" and see how well that works. Yeesh.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:00 pm

So, E3:

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes:

Star Fox Zero:

Hyrule Warriors Legends:

Metroid Prime: Federation Force:

Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam:

Super Mystery Dungeon:

-------

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=97
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40