Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway Empty Pokemon game discussion

Post by NinteNerd Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:20 pm

i'd like to know since when is money hoarding ever a thing that needs to be done in pokemon, and, well, most RPG's.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by tinning3 Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Money is actually quite hard to hoard in X/Y, at least for the time being. There's expensive clothes to buy, the resturants, writ of challenges (though that pretty much breaks even), evolution stones/ megavolution stones in the stone emporium if you aren't wise to the whole 'style discount' thing. I've been down to my last 10 thousands quite a few times, and most days I do quite a lot of fighting in the battle Chateau with an amulet coin after sending writs.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:04 pm

I have a million and i can't freaking do anything with it.
BPs on the other hand.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:58 pm

At least you earn BP per battle now.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:47 pm

yeah but it's prob. like 1 per battle
and like, the only way to get them any faster is to make it through a chain of like 700 and then you start getting *GASP* TWO per battle

i have always hated the bp prizes because they cost WAY too much in proportion to their usefulness and getting bp is so slow and grind-y
i mean jeez you have to spend like three hours fighting battle after battle to get maybe ONE tm
and 50% of the tms they sell are mediocre gimmicky moves that really don't make sense there
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Actually, you only need to win 10 battles and on Super Battles you start with 2 BPs from the get go.
A set of Normal Battles nets you 48 BPs. 10*10+9*2+20 if you can beat the Battle Chatelaine. Much faster than ever before.
Normal is super easy with sweepers, so getting 28 BPs takes like half an hour.

Oh yeah,related: Eff Purugly.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:34 pm

phantasmalDexterity wrote:
Oh yeah,related: Eff moody bibarel.
FTFY

i'm probably about the only one who likes purugly.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:21 am

Well, it's one specific Purugly I dislike right now. Not everyone of them.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:30 am

Sorry Eoin, I'm busy at the moment, can't fight. Some other time though, with the new team I'm building.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:43 pm

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway Image19
hhhhHHHHHHHH
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:50 pm

pfffhahaha.

Spoiler:
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:55 pm

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway Image20

iT is dead please leave a message after the beep
BEEEEEEP

Also hanky you better evolve that fucker and show us all what shiny mega alakazam looks like
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:19 am

now think about it thats an especially rare shiny the odds of that are one in seventeen and a half trillion
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:05 am

oh wow....

so, umm... is rustling grass/rippling water a thing this gen? because i was fishing for heart scales on the beach, and these random sparklies appeared on the ocean a few squares in front of me.
what does that indicate??? i don't have surf yet to go investigate myself.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:24 am

Rustling grass, rippling water, and dust clouds are all essentially gone. Some routes have their own individualized versions of them, such as the garbage cans in the Lost Hotel and Pokémon Village, but (with the exception of shadows in caves) are always restricted to specific pieces of scenery. The sparkles on the water are meaningless, as far as we've been able to tell.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:10 am

Does anybody know if Pokemon encountered from Rock Smash rocks have perfect IVs? I caught a Slugma from a rock, and it has perfect HP, Def and SpDef.
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:28 am

Man, too bad I don't like how Shiny Alakazam looks, that Abra would be awesome otherwise.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:48 am

So I'm grinding up the Battle Chateau. Its kind of... terrible. All these dudes are level 15; I assumed I wouldn't have to fight the Barons/esses once I moved onto the next rank but nope, nothing but level 15 scrubs. And they replenish at a rate that's not even close to tolerable.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:06 am

That's why you use Writs of Invitation. And Xaber, as far as we know, Rock Smash Pokémon have any higher chance of having perfect IV's than a normal Pokémon. You just got lucky!
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:28 am

cephalopodAscendant wrote:That's why you use Writs of Invitation. And Xaber, as far as we know, Rock Smash Pokémon have any higher chance of having perfect IV's than a normal Pokémon. You just got lucky!
Writs of Invitation cost $50,000. I'm not blowing that kind of money to fight... what, slightly higher level scrubs?
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:19 pm

Are we still talking about shiny Pokemons?

Because I am really happy/excited~
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Hytheter wrote:
cephalopodAscendant wrote:That's why you use Writs of Invitation. And Xaber, as far as we know, Rock Smash Pokémon have any higher chance of having perfect IV's than a normal Pokémon. You just got lucky!
Writs of Invitation cost $50,000. I'm not blowing that kind of money to fight... what, slightly higher level scrubs?
Why do you even need money so bad in this game?

I do admit that until you become a Duke, it's not an ideal place to grind. That's why you should have started it when you first went in.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:23 pm

well then, it's time to play "nn is indecisive and likes too many pokemon this gen"
so you guys get to vote on what my adventure team will be and how it will change!
ye.
Currently, i have..

Master Anura: Frogadier[locked]
Kagu:Mawile[locked]
Harley: Skiddo[probably locked]
Joe Cool: Furfrou
Pura: Meowstick-male
Heart:Tyrunt
soon-to-be candidates:
Clawitzer
Whispy: Otrooto
Pangea: Avalugg[probably locked, but so late-game it hardly matters]
Gargan: Noivern[probably locked, but so late-game it's hardly worth using at all...]
"locked" meaning i'm definitely keeping them.
which should be dropped for what[if dropped at all!] when the time comes?

EDIT: whilst fighting grant, Kagu decided not to obey me twice, but in those same two turns, avoided the opponent's attacks because of max affection gimmicks. what the sense make.
also grant's tyrunt is BS. i swear to arceus that thing's flinch rate on Bite is 50%

Last edited by NinteNerd on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:36 pm

I would choose Pura, Pangea and Heart.
And name Clawitzer Han.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Since I am now the proud owner of a Shiny Level one Zorua, I kind of want it on my team.

What kind of moves would you suggest for it?

Please remember that only moves it can learn via TMs or Level up a re viable, moves via breeding would kind of defeat the point.

I was thinking maybe Nasty Plot, Night Daze, U-turn and either Low Sweep, Focus Blast or Night Slash.

What do you think?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next