Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 3 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by NinteNerd Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:15 pm

muffinz wrote:But only a third of the hordes on each of those routes are Murkrow/Yanma. What if you get a shiny klefki/foongus/nopepass/houndoor instead??????????
the answer: give it to me
...Man, I really need to get back to that let's play soon. I'm such a procrastinator ahhhhh :< :< :<
i don't think i've ever come across a foongus or klefki horde there.
it's mainly yanma and nosepass, with the occasional houndour.

related to both your playthroughs and shinies; i found a shiny GRAS in Vietnamese Crystal, but accidentally killed it because i was fast-forwarding and not paying attention. this is funny because i was playing it at my school's game club, and everyone watching simultaneously went NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with me.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 3 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:29 pm

Okay, so I checked the IVs and Nature of my Shiny Zoroak.

Calm nature is of course not too great, since my defense isn't too good anyways. At least is doesn't hinder my Special attack I guess.

The IVs on the other hand are pretty great I think, especially since I was obviously not specially breeding for it.

HP: 29 - 31
Attack: 5 - 7
Defense: 20 - 21
Spec. Attack: 29 - 30
Spec. Defense: 29 - 31
Speed: 27 - 29
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:36 pm

zoroak doesn't care about nerfed defenses because it ain't gonna survive anything anyway. impressive IV's there though!
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Calm DOESN'T nerf my defense, it reduces Attack while boosting Special Defense, which is why the nature isn't all that great, since, as you said, Zoroarks defense isn't all that good to beginn with. So basically it's reducing my Attack a little while giving me pretty much nothing in return. Oh well. More reason to make my Zoroark a Special Attacker. And yeah, those IVs are awesome. I figured I was going to use it on my team anyways but now I'm EVEN MORE excited~

EDIT:

So I guess it's move pool will be Nasty Plot, Night Daze, Flamethrower and U-turn

And d_What before you flip out over me teaching it it's signature move:

The Illusion is broken as soon as it takes a hit, so the only use for Illusion is to trick the opponent into using an attack that isn't going to help them against Zoroark. Meanwhile, Zoroark doesn't just have a naturally slightly higher Special attack then Physical attack, mine also has a nature that further hinders it's physical Attack AND has a MUCH higher IV in Special Attack then in Physical Attack. So please, tell me, why should I NOT teach it the only special move it gets stab on that I CAN teach it?

Zoroark only gets Stab on Dark moves and can only learn three Special Dark Moves.

Night Daze, Snarl and Dark Pulse.

In Black (Not Black 2) Dark Pulse is only possible via breeding, which defeats the point of using my shiny.

And Snarl is possible only via TM, which you can only get in Black by trading an item over from a 4th gen game.. Which I obviously can't do.

So Night Daze is literally the only move I can teach it that both uses its Special attack AND gives it Stab.

EDIT2:

Actually, checking it again, apparently the Zoroark from my friend from which I bred it had Snarl as an Attack and passed it on, so my Zorua actually does know Snarl. Hmm...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:24 pm

NinteNerd wrote:
muffinz wrote:But only a third of the hordes on each of those routes are Murkrow/Yanma. What if you get a shiny klefki/foongus/nopepass/houndoor instead??????????
the answer: give it to me
i don't think i've ever come across a foongus or klefki horde there.
it's mainly yanma and nosepass, with the occasional houndour.
no i mean
you and it are both sweetscenting for hoards on a different route each and the route youre on has yamna nopesass and honduour and the route it is on has murkrow klefki and foongus
i wasnt talking to just you i was talking to both of you
i just worded it in a confusing way thats all
basically i am part kotakun today
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:59 pm

heeey im late to the party but does just finding a shiny count or do you actually have to catch it

cause i murdered that shiny tailow before

if you have to catch it then no i never found a legit shiny in the wild and caught it
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:13 am

im gonna say no because then im not alone

fake edit except guess what i found while typing this up
thats right:
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:37 pm

"Motherfucking Haxorus."
'Nuff said.
Gen VI voting is up.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Woah is Dark Pulse not a TM?? Mind blown. I just assumed it was, y'know, generic special move tm a lá moon last sludgebomb shadowball energy ball flamethrower etc etc. NVM then of course you should go with Night Daze.

But otherwise you're still better off with Dark Pulse. Flinch and accuracy cancel out bp and decreased accuracy chance, and not breaking Illusion wins the tie. If you could only use 2 pokemon then it'd be pretty pointless but over an entire team you'll get many options to feint a move. Flamethrower is pretty ubiquitous, not sure how U turn could play into that but it's pretty common too.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:19 pm

goomy vs malamar I CANT DECIDE

bergmite vs avalugg noooo dont make me choose between them

hrggg no not meowstic vs vivillon ughhhhhhhhh

why is this thing giving me so many matchups that are so hardddd

anyway i was unable to make a decision once it got down to six
so it looks like my top six in no particular order are sliggoo klefki bergmite vivillon meowstic and malamar
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:52 pm

Dark Pulse is a TM in Gen 6 and Gen 4, and there's a tutor in Gen 5.
But I'm guessing from OJ's post that he only has B/W.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:06 pm

I got Malamar vs Barbaracle and Delphox vs Goomy. And then Barbaracle vs Aegislash.

Barbaracle, Binacle, Delphox, Florges, and Inkay were all part of my top five, but I don't remember what order they were in. Barbaracle was first and Delphox was fifth, i don't remember where the other three were.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:00 pm

that's why the skip button is there. just click it until you get something easier.
i find the middle third or so to be the hardest, personally.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 3 QA8gw7P
SCREW Y'ALL AVALUGG IS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE AND YOU ARE WRONG IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE.
i actually didn't think he'd end up first but whatever.
needs moar noivern.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:25 pm

So I've encountered a strange glitch. For some reason, the game refuses to acknowledge that I've seen Vivillon in Hytheter's Friend Safari, even though I've probably seen at least 10 of the things. The strange thing is, it registers the fact that I've seen Paras and Masquerain, even though I saw a Vivillon in there before either one.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:34 pm

yes, that's happened to me as well, with nearly every safari vivllion appears in. i thought i had said something about that, but in hindsight i must've forgotten...

also. chesnaught is immune to both of Mega-gengar's primary STABS. yeeeee~
except mega-gengar will probably carry something else[dazzling gleam? idk what sets megagengar typically runs.] that can oneshot it but oh well.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:35 pm

I wonder if they forgot to account for Vivillon's different forms, and that's why it doesn't show up.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:06 am

bulletproof is just such a weird ability
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:15 am

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 3 NIf55oR

Avalugg is number six. I'm so sad that it only shows the top five.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:02 am

Hytheter wrote:Dark Pulse is a TM in Gen 6 and Gen 4, and there's a tutor in Gen 5.
But I'm guessing from OJ's post that he only has B/W.
Indeed I do and in B/W it can only learn Dark Pulse via breeding, which, as I said, would defeat the point of using the shiny which I have.

Otherwise I would agree that Dark Pulse is the better option.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:32 am

cephalopodAscendant wrote:I wonder if they forgot to account for Vivillon's different forms, and that's why it doesn't show up.
It can technically be a different sprite depending on where you are. I have this too.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:27 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:
cephalopodAscendant wrote:I wonder if they forgot to account for Vivillon's different forms, and that's why it doesn't show up.
It can technically be a different sprite depending on where you are. I have this too.
It's easier to just leave it blank than it is to write an algorithm that displays the correct vivillon sprite based on your region location, so I assume that it was an intentional "oversight" on their part. if you've been to that person's garden and ran into a vivillon at least once, having the pokeball symbol actually helps you because it's a reminder that it's vivillon.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Or they could have just set it to the "default" Meadow pattern, regardless of which form actually shows up there.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:28 am

I have seen a female shiny Pyroar. And I have no idea where, when and how it happened. I just have it in my Dex. I don't even own a Pyroar.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:50 am

its a thanksgiving miracle
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:21 pm

or a curse.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next