Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 2 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by d_what Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:24 pm

NOT NIGHT DAZE I SWEAR TO GOD OJ IF YOU GO NIGHT DAZE I AM KICKING YOU OUT OF THIS FORUM,,,
*in breath*
OF COURSE I CANT DO THAT, YOU ARE BASICALLY IMMOVABLE, AND THE RICOCHET WOULD PROBABLY BOOT ME OUT OF THE FORUM, BACKWARDS AT HIGH SPEED, BUT DAMMIT IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES THEM SAYONARA BIPTCHES WOW BIPTCHES WAS IN MY DICTI.. 
*out breath*
o...ne...rrr...
*cough, cough*
...ry...
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 2 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by NinteNerd Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Night Daze is a given, u-turn is very useful for getting it out of bad situations, and the other two are more flexible.
may i suggest Flamethrower? perfect for catching steel and grass types off-guard. i personally hate Focus Miss, so mine's last move is Sucker Punch. it's nice for those specailly defensive tanks. it also gets Grass Knot, so that's an option.

edit: uhhh, D_what, what's wrong with Night Daze?
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:40 pm

NinteNerd wrote:Night Daze is a given, u-turn is very useful for getting it out of bad situations, and the other two are more flexible.
may i suggest Flamethrower? perfect for catching steel and grass types off-guard. i personally hate Focus Miss, so mine's last move is Sucker Punch. it's nice for those specailly defensive tanks. it also gets Grass Knot, so that's an option.

edit: uhhh, D_what, what's wrong with Night Daze?
That's mostly what I was thinking, too.

Flamthrower is a good idea, sure, it isn't super effective against Dark types but it's special and I, too, hate Focus Miss. Sucker Punch is sadly a Breeding move, so that isn't an option.

I was thinking maybe Nasty Plot as a set up Move. I was thinking about hiding Zoroark behind a Flying type (Probably my Sigilyph) which would make getting hit by a super effective move much less likely. So either Nasty Plot or Agility, for set up and then with good special attacks...

Hmm
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Oh my god
Guys seriously
You have a Pokemon 
Whose best and possibly only asset is its ability to make the opponent think it's another Pokemon
And you give it
A signature move???
That is all kinds of noobish. You just made Zororark abilty-less. Gyarados/Electivire is less noobish than that >:0 

SECONDLY
And my inner dweeb is getting seriously pissed now so excuse me while I try to make him shut up
The next biggest giveaway to Zoroark's identity is how much damage it takes to its HP, e.g it can never fake a wall. Which is fine and dandy. Buy another major giveaway is Stealth Rock damage which in 6v6 is ubiquitous.
And you make it fake a flying type???

THIRDLY
And I am aghast at this
OJ you are of course aware that Zoroark's best partner in existence is yours truly Gengar???
WTF man???
????????

Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:55 pm

noooooo
flying will give you away instantly if there's entry hazards.

poison is best zoroak camouflage, as it's something the opponent would hit with Psychic and not use fighting moves on.

Last edited by NinteNerd on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Hmm I wonder what useful and well-liked pokemon that could be

>8[
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:09 pm

both of you need to give your stance regarding my adventure team >:U

D_what, are you actually planning on fooling the opponent for more than one turn? because the moment Psychic doesn't affect them or they see something take more damage than it should from whatever move[in which case the illusion is revealed anyway], they are going to know. i prefer Night Daze because it does more damage right off the bat.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Barely more damage and less overall utility. Anyway that's why OJ should capitalise on things like Trick or Nasty Plot. It's why Flamethrower works so well actually; fake a Pokemon weak to the ubiquitous steel types and roast them on the switch. Doing it with Gengar does all the things you mentioned, gives a whole lot of immunities and resistances to both parties, and often, takes care of the other's counters AFTER they've wasted a turn switching. And they /still/ have the pokemon weak to yours on their team. That's too much of a good thing to give up that easily. Also, Gengar can run Dark Pulse. Not too commonly, but it can.
Hell he could have his Gengar RUN dark pulse just to seriously throw the opponent off balance. Specs, maybe.

Plus should OJ ever move to sixth gen, both Dark Pulse AND Gengar are more usable. So yeah.

Also I vote for DOGE. (Furfrou)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:42 pm

hey wait a sec since oj got a shiny does that make me now the only one who has not gotten a shiny that is not a gyarados in lake of rage?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:50 pm

yes

*waters shiny cradily in BW2*
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Hmm. Possibly. I got a legit one now so I'm out... And I figured I'd be the last person to get one.
Unless you mean over AAAALL the games in which case I have: some.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:04 pm

as long as its not one the game throws at you it counts doesnt matter where nor how long ago it could be a fuckin shiny oddish in blue for all i care
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Nah, shiny sandshrew in Ruby, Aipom (safari zone: terrifyingly tense) in Emerald, *some* in DPPt, possibly, can't remember, Dustox in SoulSilver, Carvanha and Growlithe in White, and Togepi now.
And I missed out on a female Safari Larvitar the week before I caught Dustox.

Definitely not in the 'no overall shinies' group. I've never tried for any of them though.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Emerald: Mightyena, Claydol, found a Smeargle but I killed it
Emerald2: Found an aipom in the safari zone but it fled
Diamond: Psyduck --> Golduck
Platinum: Raikou, Entei, Suicune (all events)
Black: nope
Black 2: Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (all events)
Y: Tangrowth (birthday gift), Miltank (trade), Corsola (birthday gift from someone i don't know), Bellsprout -> Weepinbell -> Victreebel, Spinda

Currently on Route 15 spamming Sweet Scent for a shiny Murkrow.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:41 pm

events don't cooooount
i think the only shiny i'm going to actively try for is yanma, since there're hoards of em' on route 10 to abuse.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:42 pm

But only a third of the hordes on each of those routes are Murkrow/Yanma. What if you get a shiny klefki/foongus/nopepass/houndoor instead??????????
the answer: give it to me

FireRed(but actually a romhack thereof): Ekans
Veitnamese Crystal(in my let's play) Psyduck
X: Mime Jr. and Goomy
(All of them became members of my team.)

And that's all. I basically doubled my number of shinies in about half a month while playing X, haha. All of these were caught in the this year, even, starting with the Ekans back in April or so.

...Man, I really need to get back to that let's play soon. I'm such a procrastinator ahhhhh :< :< :<
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:41 pm

i got a random encounter shiny roselia in pearl and a mamuta method shiny flygon in white, and a random encounter miltank in x which i traded to iT for a togepi
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:57 pm

shinies?

Random Encounter Golbat in Platinum; RNG Abuse bred Ponyta, Dratini, Kabuto, and Beldum; then traded for a shiny Tentacruel that someone didn't want.

Random encounter Sewaddle in Black 2.

Friend Safari encounter Cacturne, Pansear, and Abra. Chain Fished Skrelp. Currently working on MM Gastly.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:20 pm

Two things:

That's my SECOND shiny, I already have a shiny Woobat

Also, I am talking about my Pokemon Black. As much as I'd love to, I simply CAN'T pair Zoroark with a Pokemon I don't have. My current (non competitive) Team is my Samurott, my Sigilyph, my Stoutland, my Whimsicott, my Zebstrika and my Krookodile. And I was actually looking for a replacement for Stoutland and/or Zebstrika.

Also, sheesh, Gengar is totally going to be the new Kurloz for me, isn't it? Where everyone is going to be completly shocked when I remind them that Gengar ISN'T my favourite Pokemon? I like it, sure, but my favourite is Alakazam, not Gengar.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Mega Zam is purple, OJ.

Not that I've evolved Ixidor, but I looked it up on google.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:37 pm

I'll assume you mean Shiny not Mega

But yeah

I knew

Except it's not the Dark Purple I like but more of a pinkish hue. I'd rather have brown in that case.

Also, you can see all sprites, for all forms and both normal and shiny up to gen 5 on Bulbapedia.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:42 pm

shiny mega alakazam.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:46 pm

Hmm, I looked it up and Mega Alakazams Purple actually looks okay I guess.

Also, I am no longer a Gentleman.

I'm a freaking Tamer now, aww yeah~
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:49 pm

I don't even remember the tamer class. In which range is Harlequin? 'cause that's the spot your equal to Harlequin Jack, from HeartGold.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:07 pm

Tamer was a gen one thing. Yeah, I have no idea why they are above the Gentleman. Maybe it's supposed to be the Dragon Tamer from gen 3?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next