Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 20 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by kotakun Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:33 pm

NinteNerd wrote:ahaha you think your megarchomp can just stone edge it for a OHKO and NOPE. YOU GET AVALANCHE. CHESNAUGHT GETS THE AVALANCHE. HAXORUS GETS THE AVALANCHE
EVERYONE GETS AVALANCHE. AHAHAAHAHahaha except aegislash there. it gets crunch.
i only fear Fire Blast Garchomp.
what about other fire types like i calculated and delphox easily gets a 2hko and quite likely an ohko against avalugg
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 20 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by d_what Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:48 pm

Other fire types? You mean Special attackers. Talonflame and Blaziken feel decidedly shaky about Avalugg unless they're mixed or have Will-O-Wisp.

Whereas special attackers can blow away Avalugg like a used tissue.

Weaknesses = not necessarily type weaknesses.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:35 pm

with 200 base defense, you really can shrug off most, if not all, physical fire moves.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:06 pm

184, actually. But yeah, it's pretty crazily bulky on the physical side, probably much more so than Steelix what with that 95 HP and all.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:36 am

ye. of course i'm gonna switch avalugg out in a heartbeat if a special attacker comes in, but garchomp and a few other "usually physical but sometimes mixed" pokemon are worrisome because  of said occasional special move. uncommon, but still present. i haven't had a problem with that...yet...

my main problem with avalugg is that it pretty much has no resistances. sure it resists ice, but 95% of the time that means Ice Beam, which is of course special and hurts more than it's worth. beartic and mamoswine at the very least are properly resisted... bounce
do you guys pronounce it Bear-tic or Be-arctic?
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:28 am

I compromise. Beh-Artic. (Quick and silent H)

Apparently there's no Smogon Avalugg analysis. The forum quality checkers couldn't find anything good to say, so... They closed the thread :/ odd on a new pokemon. Also Avalugg can JUST take a Mega Blaziken's Flare Blitz but lol weak to all hazards.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:35 am

Bear-tic.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:26 am

I usually call it Siberio mspa

Jokes aside, I usually say it more like Bea-artic

Actually, to be fully honest, I though for a long time it was called Beararctic and even after I realized it wasn't, it wasn't untill just now that I realized that the english name has only one c... (I always pronounced it as Bea-arctic)
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:21 pm

I say bear-tic
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:52 pm

Yeah, I never noticed the arctic thing either so I always called it bear-tic.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:05 am

i can't even with this freaking raichu, man. today she outspeeded a MEGA GENGAR--and delivered a swift OHKO with a boosted thunderbolt.

i love you so much for this, random japanese breeder~
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:56 am

tinning3 wrote:If we were to speak in that kind of language though we would be speaking Ingsoc

*Newspeak

And actually, if I remember right, the purpose of Newspeak wasn't to be unambiguous as much as it was to be completely meaningless. They were taking words out of the dictionary to strip out nuances in order to take away free expression, BUT, the central idea was more just to gradually strip all meaning out of the language until basically all you could do was "duckspeak", i.e., repeat the same meaningless quacks that were uncontroversial because they meant nothing. See: the word duckspeak itself.

EDIT: Ah, ninja'd somewhat.
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Location : Guys just so you know I am basically NEVER on here. I only really go on the Skype now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:12 pm

man i really need to finish 1984
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:38 pm

Why, you trying to get tips?

mspa

I always just thought Newspeak was a way to prevent hiding rebelious thoughts, I didn't realise it was trying to prevent any thinking whatsoever. I guess it makes sense though, can't start a rebellion if there are no words for a rebellion.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 pm

It was basically a way to keep everyone under the Party's thumb. There were a bunch of words that were supposed to have positive meanings when referring to Big Brother or other Party members but completely different negative meanings when talking about anyone else. And because of doublethink, none of the citizens would notice anything wrong or odd about that.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:50 pm

Making the language completely meaningless does serve to further restrict and control the citizens (and to a lesser, irrelevant extent, the proles [because no one cares about the proles]) because language is commonly identified as one thing that separates us from "the animals." If you strip someone of conscious thought, they're basically reduced to an incoherent, barely sentient ape.

We're all arguing the same point by the way. But the primary objective of Newspeak was all about another method of control over the lesser Party members, by making language completely meaningless.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:43 am

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 20 KNvSMUW
i saw the ad for your underwear can you tell me more about them?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:20 am

Heheheh this is basically the best thing to happen here since ever.

Wait they're clean ones right??
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:35 pm

ahahahahahahahaha holy shit

no, you can't buy my underwear. i don't live in japan.

that's so funny though.

AND YES THEY'RE CLEAN

the skid marks wash out!
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:59 pm

it's embarrassing how huge of a tool i used to be

actually, now that i think about it, everybody on serebii forums is kind of dumb
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:43 pm

plus everyone used to be a tool on the internet that is like a phase that everyone passes through mine just happened to be on marriland like a million years ago
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:36 am

guess who bred a 5IV hidden ability bergmite!

:]

[:

:]

[:

that's right, it was phantasmaldexterity!!!

and guess who he gave it to for no discernible reason!
wrong, it is me.

thankyousomuchbroaaaaaaa  sunny 
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:28 am

Nah I wasn't a tool, I was just clueless. Had a single post on bulbagarden when I suggested if Ever stones had an expiry date (long story) and.promptly forgot my login details. Then am RMT on serebii where the same thing happened. Though in serebii's case that was a good thing since people kept telling me I'd spelled my Zapdos's nickname incorrectly. (Ohmega)

Orz
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:08 am

i was an idiot on a portuguese (as in the european country, not brazil) forum
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:23 am

I used to be a fan of Bionicle, so I was a member on the forum BZPower. I even made a bunch of comics, which are still floating around on my Brickshelf if you know my old internet name. Thankfully, since then the forum was updated and all old threads were wiped.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next