Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

+8
OverlordJ
kotakun
Hanky Panky
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
tinning3
12 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 6 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:19 pm

yOU PIECES OF SHIT GO FINISH KID ICARUS UPRISING RIGHT NOW IT'S SUCH A GOOD GAME

also. dexnav is rly cool. so is flying. i am excite
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 6 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by d_what Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:22 pm

DAMMIT GAME FREAK

It has also been confirmed in an interview with NTower that, although X & Y are compatible with Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, X & Y will not receive a patch to include the new Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversions."

I'M NOT GONNA SAY THIS HAS RUINED THE GAME FOR ME
BUT I'D BE LYING IF I SAID IT DIDN'T MAKE IT A LITTLE BIT WORSE

FFS
WE LIVE IN THE PATCH DAY AND AGE
THIS WAS NOT DIFFICULT
NOW THINGS HAVE BEEN MADE DIFFICULT
AAAARGH
edit: apparently flying can be in 3D. Okay... I'm a little bit mollified. This is a day full of ups and downs.

Last edited by d_what on Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Cool, flying! D_What, I completely agree with you, this game seems like what HGSS was to gen 2 in all the ways you mentioned. also notice the fact they're giving access to a large amount of other gen legendaries? That's something HGSS did as well. Rreally looking forward to playing hgss mkII!

The XY news doesn't really affect me. Once I get OR/AS, I'll be selling Y anyway, because poor.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:43 pm

Okay, some more details about the new info now that I'm out of class for the day:

The PokéNav takes up the bottom screen and has four different modes: DexNav, AreaNav, BuzzNav, and PlayNav. The DexNav incorporates the Habitat List, and it lets you register Pokémon in your Pokédex by seeing them in the overworld. It also gives you the scoop on wild Pokémon you see sticking out of tall grass, which gives you better chances of Hidden Abilities and rare moves. The AreaNav is the map, augmented with a Secret Base tracker, a berry tracker, the Trainer's Eye function, and the Habitat List again. BuzzNav seems to be all of those TV shows you got by mixing records, done through StreetPass this time around. Finally, PlayNav is everything from XY's bottom screen. It sounds like we might even be able to trade and battle with XY right off the bat.

Customization is officially gone, thus completely debunking the leak (it was just about the only thing they were definite on). While it would have been nice, I'm not too surprised, since style was definitely more Kalos's thing than Hoenn's.

In the demo, the starters can learn the elemental Hyper Beams (Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon).

Sky Battles seem to be back, but they make more sense this time, since you're fighting wild Pokémon on Lati@s's back. Strangely, Swampert and Shiftry are participating in a couple screenshots.

The lack of a patch is definitely annoying and confusing, especially since we already know Mega Latios and Latias are coded into XY. And I don't think Precipice Blades, Origin Pulse, Dragon Ascent, Desolate Land, Primordial Sea, or Delta Stream are coded into XY (or at least we haven't found them yet), which could cause some major issues that can't be resolved the way they handled all of the new forms back in Gen IV.

Regardless of some of the oddness, these games are definitely looking incredible.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:45 pm

....what???
Okay that's seriously the first time I'm actually "what. no." about something in this game
Like lack of customization was eh but wtvs but
no patch???
what the fuck that could screw with the games so badly
and you can't transfer the megas over then
meaning you'll literally HAVE to migrate to the new games once you get them??
and also if they don't make all the megas avaliable in ORAS you'll prolly be unable to have certain teams
That's
that's so dumb
what the hell
I hope they go back on it
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Well, every Mega in XY should be programmed into ORAS, so unless they stop letting you trade Mega Stones somehow, team-building in ORAS shouldn't be an issue. And actually, reading a different summary of the interview, apparently the phrasing is that there won't be a patch to make them available in XY, which could imply that there'll be a patch to make them play nice in battle, but not one to give XY the Mega Stones. I'm trying to watch through the interview itself, but it's half an hour long.

EDIT: NOOOOPE they don't plan on releasing any patches, period. They want the content to be "separate" or some nonsense like that.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:10 pm

I really hate the "everything must be separate to give it a unique feel" thing Gamefreak has going on, its probably the only thing I dislike about what they do.

I don't understand how taking away good features helps them financially. Do you really think people will keep buying XY once ORAS comes out in equal measure for the customisation? Of course not! New games look progressively nicer and nicer and have better and better features, I'm completely baffled about why they think that keeping great features to one fucking game is a good idea.

The patch thing is also infuriating.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Spark Eletran wrote:yOU PIECES OF SHIT GO FINISH KID ICARUS UPRISING RIGHT NOW IT'S SUCH A GOOD GAME
I agree, it is a must finish!
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Honestly, help me understand here but, what's the big deal. Am I missundestanding something? As far as I got it, it just means none of the new megas for XY, right?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:21 pm

It means that XY won't even be able to see the Megas when battling with ORAS (which is a major disadvantage if they don't even get the animation for Mega Evolution), and like I mentioned, as far as we know, very bad things will happen with the weather trio's new Abilities and moves.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:34 pm

That assumes battling between the two will be possible at all. I guess I don't get to battle people often enough to care about that
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Well, according to the official site, you will be able to trade and battle with XY. And they've never cut off connectivity in the middle of a generation, so I don't see why they'd start now.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:51 pm

In that case I am sure they have a plan to make fights work properly, obviously they wouldn't let something so obvious break the game, right?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Oh right, we've got stats for some of the Megas calculated from the demo. I'll leave the demo-revealed ones under a spoiler, but the starters will be out in the open.

Sceptile - 70 110 75 145 85 145
Swampert - 100 150 110 95 110 70

Demo Megas:

Mega Swampert is going to be a monster, and Mega Sceptile looks like a fantastic sweeper. Meanwhile, people are already theorizing about how devastating Explosion is going to be from one of the demo Megas.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:48 pm

i havent been paying attention (because no 3ds means how little attention im paying beforehand) and i didnt know that megaelectrode had been comfirned i havent seen any pictures of it but im guessin that it looks something like a mazterball when it megaevolves because that would be so cool

because seriously what other pokemon uses explosion besides electrode? well there is golem weezing forretress shiftry lunatone solrock claydol regirock regice registeel drifblim skuntank azelf gigalith garbodor ferrothorn gorgeist magnezone muk cloyster gengar steelix exeggutor mew sudowoodo qwilfish macargo corsola probopass swalot camerupt torkoal glalie metagross bronzong lickylicky heatran reuniclus vaniluxe cryogonal landorus genesect and carbink as well as their preevolved forms but thats so few pokemon that electrode is the obvious choice i mean its not even 15 percent of all pokemon
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:27 pm

I like those Swampert stats. I admit, I am still unsure about the ability, but it seems Megas either have awesome abilities or stuff I don't care about for them...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Thanks captain, I was beginning to think I was the only one who cared about customisation! Really gutted about that. I get that Brenden and May have an iconic, nostalgiac thing going with thier looks, but I liked being able to make a relatively unique character even more, and that would work great with the streetpass. Still going to buy it & sell Y, but I'll know it could have been better in that respect.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:41 pm

OH JEEZ I LIKE MEGA GLALIE A LOT
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:06 am

so not pokemon nor smash related at all

but you all ready for homestuck to update sometime tomorrow? and yes i realize that for most of you this is 11pm wednesday and i mean updating on friday but ive heard some rumors from the owls mouth that midnight friday is a really likely time and thats 25 hours from now so id figure thats essentially a day so tomorrow and besides ive had a long day it feels like thursday already
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:49 am

GUYS
GUYS LOOK
LOOK AT THIS LINK (IF YOU DON'T MIND SPOILERS)
MEGA AUDINO'S STATS ARE LITERALLY EXACTLY WHAT I PREDICTED AS A POSSIBILITY
i mean i know it's cool and all that this link contains the (likely legitimate) stats for all new megas and etc. but GUYS
I WAS RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING INCONSEQUENTIAL!!!
this is the greatest accomplishment of my life

But all joking aside yeah, that link contains a list of all the stats! All of them. There's also full lists of level-up movesets, egg moves, and move tutors too. Don't look if you don't want spoilers!
My notes and opinions on a few of 'em:
Spoiler:

Last edited by muffinz on Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:16 am

No defog.

No defog.

All work and no defog make me...

GOD I HATELOVE THIS GAME so MUCH F YOU GAME FREaK
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:00 am

a list of all the hms that dont suck
cut fly surf strength waterfall dive
notice the lack of defog on there because it sucks also flash which most everyone agrees on and fuckin rock smash because seriously thats one tm thats a tm and never should have ever been an hm
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:03 am

I don't know, Cut sucks quite a lot, too, if you ask me, especially since Tackle got stronger. Also, I think I might like MegaBs stats, I had been worried about them.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:31 pm

psst, muffinz
big spoipers:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Update! It's one page long, impossible to access because of server issues, and exactly what many of us expected to happen. Or even hapen. Its good to be back ^^

And biatch please, defog rocks socks! Or it would, if it wasn't nearly impossible to get. And also there is no news on any kind of Skrelp related things in ORAS, so unless something changes or we get a Halloween-Pumpkaboo-download style thing for the little guy I guess I'll have to stave off building my dream team until XY2 or whatever.

Mega Swampert is incredible. Definitely around top tier OU, also, I loved it anyway. Also speed creep has happened with most of the new megas, so expect more Scarfers and Talonflames. Mega Altaria should be fun to use if only because it checks both Charizards and is hella varied. And mega Slowbro may actually become common if only because it's the physical equivalent of Assault Vest Blissey.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next