Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

+7
Xaber
OverlordJ
Captain
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
Spark Eletran
d_what
11 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 8 Empty Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by d_what Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:27 am

Obligatory sexiest Quarantine member???

Mega Gengar yay or nay?

You know Gengar has a load of cool cards in rotation right now right???
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gengar_(BREAKthrough_60)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gengar-EX_(Phantom_Forces_34)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/M_Gengar-EX_(Phantom_Forces_35) (okay this one isn't as interesting)
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 8 Empty Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by Sandstriker Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:34 am

Yeah, Non-human life from other planets.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:48 am

OOH I HAVE A GOOD QUESTION

Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:05 pm

Look into a mirror and you will find the answer *wonk*~

I am actually really fond of Mega Gengar, it doesn't look bad, the Shiney is GREAT AND it is mechanically interessting.

The first Gengar looks kind of interessting. I actually have a gengar deck, but that is focussed on putting the enemy to sleep and it's obviously way outdated.

As for Non-Human Life, I am very fond of the Vedalken in MtG, they are sort of asshole scientists and depending on where they are from have up to four arms. Here, have a link
Besides them, the Viashino, a race of reptillian like humanoids that supposedly evolved from dragons are really cool, though they feel a bit less alienlike, what with their dragon heritage. They are mostly sanddwelling lizard people nowadays though, and their methode of fighting, "swimming" through the sand and attacking enemies from below, is really neat. A link for them as well

The patterns are an H, a hexagon with a dot in the midle and a long line with two small dots on the sides, if I recall correctly, but I do not remember which one is which.

EDIT: Okay, I looked it up and the H is Rock, the Hexagon is Steel and apparently my mind flipped the pattern for Ice by 90°, but I'd say close enough
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:30 pm

There's a deck that's fairly meta right now that works with Sleep. Hypno/Darkrai EX, Hypno's ability sends both Pokemon to sleep, you have a stadium to remove sleep from yourself, Darkrai EX has an attack that does 160 if the opponent is asleep. I'm very MEH about it because I don't like Sleep and because I already have a very different Darkrai EX deck, but yeah. http://thecharizardlounge.com/2016/02/11/dream-team-an-introduction-to-darkrai-exhypno/

Also the Darkrais are 6 euros each, so there's that.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:44 pm

...I am not gonna spend 6 euros for a card for a deck for a cardgame that I have noone to play with. I rarely spend 6 euros for a single MtG card for crying out loud, I definitely won't do it for Pokemon cards.

My sleep strategy was simply to prevent my enemy from attacking, that's all, using sleep to deal more damage is like suggesting a selfmilling deck after someone meantions they like to beat their enemy with milling. Fair enough but it's kind of missing the point.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:51 pm

Yeah that's part of the reason I don't like it. It's... redundant, and isn't very sleepy. It's really just for the 160 damage thing. And similar decks make use of a Poison strategy instead, which is far more useful. Darkrai Lv.X had a cool sleep thing way back when; it used to make it so that the opponent would have to flip TWO coins between turns. If either were tails it would stay asleep, and if both were tails the Pokemon would get Knocked Out! It probably wasn't very good meta-wise but it was a super funky effect.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:13 pm

[post deleted sorry]

Last edited by muffinz on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:19 pm

I actually have something similar in my deck, without the automatic knock out though.

The Joverlord is the worst, the rest is good. I am a little disapointed that you left out the most obvious nickname, OrangeJuice, which I find hilarious because I didn't even realise it untill it was pointed out to me.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:22 pm

[post deleted sorry]

muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:30 pm

Because they are all equally lovely, you can't make me choose a best! Except for Joverlord, that one just sounds weir when you say it out loud
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:04 pm

How do you feel about orange juice?

Better/worse than apple?
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:10 pm

Ignoring would-be sburb titles, if you had three Fraymotif to use with three random members of the quarantine, what would they be called? (E.G OJ + OrangeNelly/Ness = Orange Overload)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:55 pm

The Juice question has alreay been answered, I regularly drink apple juice and rarely orange juice and I prefer apple.

As for you, how am I supposed to pick three people randomly? Please pick some and I'll tell you what our Fraymotifs would be called (For Example, ours would be called "DJ Record")
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:18 pm

How about you do our Fraymotif :V

Which pokemon do you think is literally the worst one ever made?
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:15 pm

Hmm, Sandguardian Shanty

Also, hard choice, there are a couple really aweful ones. Are we talking gameplay or design or overall?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:35 pm

Overall i suppose. Though if i were asked I'd probably have gone with design.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:09 pm

[post deleted sorry]

muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:18 pm

From a design point, I have a huge beef with Pokemons that are regular animals except in the shape of a ball. YES I'M LOOKING AT YOU SPHEAL AND WAILMER!
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:22 pm

obligatory hurt my sphealings joke
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:58 am

Sandstriker wrote:

Which pokemon do you think is literally the worst one ever made?

Adding this to generic questions list.

because I breathe danger.

Also the answer has to be Unfezant. THE CLUE IS IN THE NAME. IT IS UN PLEASANT. NOT PLEASANT. BAD. GAH.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:05 pm

The worst Pokémon ever made is Lickitung its gross and stupid and gives you shit tier exp and is generally terrible. Weirdly enough I actually kinda like Lickilicky tho.

Also a question for you D even though your turn is over. Why won't you get skype and participate in the quarantine chat, drega misses you.

And OJ..... Who is your favourite fictional overlord/tyrant?
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:22 pm

Because skype is gross and microsoft and proprietary and it just WONT SHUT UP EVER but thanx luv u 2 drega <3

aaactually I have to set up skype next week because I'm doing therapy over the internet the following week and need to test it. BUT AFTER THAT I AM UNINSTALLING IT I SWEAR TO GOD
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:33 pm

it's finneon

weird-looking pokémon are usually at least silly enough to be memorable

finneon is just Nothing

it's a generic-ass fish with generic-ass stats a generic-ass typing and generic-ass EVERYTHING

literally the only things it has going for it, the being pretty thing and the glowing thing, are already done by two other fish

it's the WORST
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:34 pm

"well when he wants to come off of his moral high horse i'll be here waiting :v" -drega
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next