Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

+7
Xaber
OverlordJ
Captain
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
Spark Eletran
d_what
11 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 7 Empty Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by d_what Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:20 am

I kinda forgot when I last popped the queue, but it was two days ago, so I'm gonna do it in a couple of hours. Last salvo folks!

Any annoying younger siblings cap'n? Or are you the annoying sibling?
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 7 Empty Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by OverlordJ Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:25 pm

Fine, is there a
Captain wrote:savoury
dish that can't be improved by adding molten cheese?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:44 pm

Any annoying younger siblings cap'n? Or are you the annoying sibling?
I'm the eldest of three. I have a brother and my sister. My sister is the youngest and is actually fairly cool; quite moody at times, but no particularly annoying. No, the annoying trophy goes to my brother, who is a little shit like all the time.

Fine, is there a savoury dish that can't be improved by adding molten cheese?
Hmmmmmm..... yes. Japanese food would just be really bad with cheese. Rice dishes in general aren't particularly nice with it either, I have to say, unless if it's Risotto in which case ALL THE CHEESE. DROWN IT IN CHEESE. Pasta is very good with cheese too! I don't like having cheese on too much stuff to be honest, I'm trying to eat healthier bc I have a lot of crap in my diet, and cheese is not very good for you, but it is definitely a really good food product, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't eat Goat's Cheese like all the time.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:06 pm

[post deleted sorry]

Last edited by muffinz on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:44 pm

so: is there a reason why there's this big joke about "americans are incapable of understanding cricket"? like are the game's rules just that complex and difficult to grasp, or is it just because we americans are a bunch of stubborn prideful "patriots" who refuse to learn about things from other countries?
honestly i think its probably the latter. cricket isnt THAT complex.

in the middle of a cricket field there is a strip of soil called the "wicket". at either end of the wicket are two sets of stumps (three wooden poles sticking from the ground, with smaller bits of wood called bails bridging them at the top). two batsman stand at each set of stumps. only one is the active batsman ie the one scoring the points. they will naturally and constantly switch which of the two is the point scoring one, but only one is scoring points at any given time. there are 11 batsman total in each team, and they have to leave the field and be replaced by the next batsman whenever they are "out". the batting side have to score as many points as they can before ten of them are bowled out (theres always one batsman who isnt out at the end but he cannot continue batting alone). they can score points by running between the two sets of stumps (called simply a "run". they can do as many runs as they want per ball), or by getting the ball over the boundary of the field. you get four points if the ball touched the ground before going over the boundary, and 6 points if it didn't.

the fielding side, therefore are aiming to get the batting side all out for as few runs as possible. a bowler bowls the ball from the opposite set of stumps to the active batsman, and aims to get the batsman out. he can do this either by hitting the stumps and knocking off the bails, by hitting the batsman's leg (if it's in front of the stumps, this is known as "leg before wicket" or lbw for short), or by getting one of his fielders to catch the ball before it hits the ground. additionally, at each set of stumps there's a white line just in front of them. this is where the batsman stands roughly speaking. if they are not past this line (when performing a run, for instance) and a fielder hits the stumps, they are also out. bowlers will bowl in overs, ie they will bowl the ball 6 times, and then swap over with the other active bowler who will bowl from the other set of stumps. the ball has to bounce within a certain area of the wicket, or else the batting team get a point and the bowler has to redo that ball. the captain can swap out who the two active bowlers are as he wishes. the fielders' job is to stop the ball from getting to the boundary, catch the ball, and get it back to the wicket in order to minimise how many runs are scored. all 11 players are on the field during an innings, compared to 2 of the batting team.

each team has a turn at batting, and whoever scores the most points before they are out wins the match.

baseball is kinda a bit more simple, sure, but at heart theyre not overly different sports really
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:38 pm

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 7 Tumblr_m9mphoBEhS1ru1rjl

(you have to imagine Captain's fine explanation as being 12 times longer and more boring and the text displaying in candy red and then apply a 6/9 cypher to some of the letters, but if you do all of that then this would be appropriate)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:41 pm

cricket: the short version
guy throws ball at guy holding bat. bat guy hits it. if he hits it wrong or misses it he loses. if he hits it right he runs and wins
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:49 pm

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 7 Tumblr_n1mvpodZbP1rtcfaqo1_250
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:00 am

Btw OJ you're up now
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:30 am

Do I not get a neat thread name change?

I'll go do the generic questions in a sec

EDIT: I'm adding the answers via edit

Answers:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:35 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
18: I have you fuckin liar! I've played it right when it first came out, but nowadays you have your pokemon ex and whatnot and you've split trainer cards and there was hella powercreep and I ain't buying completly new cards to make a completly new deck unless I have someone I know I will regularly play with, clear?]

Excuses excuses Razz

Anyway its Pokémon EX now and while still good the real monsters are the 90 HP Vespiquen and the tiny terror that is 30hp Joltik. They've been dominating their respective formats for months now.

Also they rejoined trainers. You still have items and stadiums and supporters, but they're a trainer subgroup. Much better that way IMO.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:41 pm

Back in my days, this guy was a beast!:

So yeah, fucking powercreep, pretty sure none of the cards I have are still usable, except for some trainer cards probably
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:08 pm

Uhhh. Pretty sure OG machamp was never any good OJ. He was easy to get though?

Also, only Switch or Super Scoop Up are usable. Everything else is either useless (potion is never good), outdone (energy search searches 1, Professor's letter searches two) or just no longer legal. Double colorless energy is always good. I need to buy 3 more by May (and I have 9 already).
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:21 pm

He was decent enough, I've won plenty of games thanks to him. Also, I have no double colourless energy, what do you take me for? I literally played only during my time in elementary school, noone had anything actually good, except maybe for trainers that are nolonger legal, probably.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:21 pm

I'm actually so glad Night March exists, it's truly wonderful.

Is Virizion/Genesect no longer viable? I thought that was STILL like one of the best decks. Seismitoad EX is also fantastic iirc (although metas change and i havent really cared about tcg in a coupla months). Also it's old now so idk if it's still good but isn't there a cool Donphan deck that's really good?

And so that this isn't a pointless post, an actual question for OJ!

Do you adore the juice of oranges as your name might suggest or are you more a conoisseur of apples?

Follow up question, are there any juices you like more than your answer to the above?
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:31 pm

Virgen rotated and there's too much better stuff to use in expanded. Donphan also lost some stuff to the rotation. Including maybe Donphan? It was a super funky deck though. I wish I had it.

Seismitoad ex... I don't like it. It's way too light on the cost benefit analysis. But it does hold back night marchers which is kinda nice. It's getting a reprint in a few months!

I dont play meta because league is 3 hours away from me but I keep up with the trends. All of my decks are budget, rogue, or effectively legacy.

You should look for Pokémon leagues in your area OJ! It's a great and occasionally expensive way to make friends.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:56 pm

hate to ask this to like 9000 people because it makes me seem like a creep, but i feel bad because OJ you told me ur name at some point during forumstuck, but i have 100% forgotten it mspa

unrelated, non creepy, actual questions:
what draws you to Kurloz and/or Gengar? they've been in your avatars on both forums for about 100 years

what's the deal with Aromatisse???????

has the kotakun stupidity changed your opinion re: Kieros?

and most importantly, what in the fuck is a Turnoptu? :p
e: typhlosiom apparently, carry on mspa
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:13 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:
what in the fuck is a
typhlosiom

spreading misinformation to our german host there iT Razz
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:20 pm

eleven
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:39 pm

OJ: Thoughts on Merkel? What about Poland? How long is it possible to go in an average week without being somehow reminded of either world war and/or the separation of east and west Germany?

Crazy to think it only came down in 1989. That's so relatively recent when you consider the state Germany was in then. And look at it now! So fast.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:45 pm

OJ, how different is life with an internet

also what is the most obscure game you played huh Question

Look at me asking the real questions Cool
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:50 pm

What's your OTP? :V

(also im up for being on the AMA list)
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:23 pm

1: I don't usually drink the juices of stuff like oranges or lemons, I tend to stick to apples. Mango is very nice though and a good grape juice is fucking fantastic. My parents once bought a grape juice that is usually used for good wine and it's been our replacement for wine during events ever since (I don't drink alcohol)

2: I should look for MtG groups before I look for groups for a game I have no usable cards for

3: Jacob Martin. Jacob is usually written with a k in German, but my mom didn't think about that when she named me, so now I always have to tell people that I am written with a c. (Also, I am terrible with names, too, don't worry)

4: The walkaround was pretty recent when I picked my avatar and I really liked Kurloz, I enjoy slightly spooky/creepy/evil stuff. Not Horror or Thriller though. Plus, you've got to admid, Kurloz looks neat. As for why I stuck with it, I personally try to keep my avatars consitent, they are like your face on a forum and help people to recognize you. The Gengar is the Pokemon-y touch because this IS a pokemon forum (Plus, it was drawn for me, why would I change away from such a lovely gift)

5: Aromatisse is a disapointment and a waste of potential. SO many cool plague doctor designs Sad

6: I am not sure, on one hand, Kotakun was enjoyable. Does that mean Kíeros is actually a little bit likable, somewhere deep down? Or was it all just a trick, a mask too fool us into liking Kotakun? Untill I have a talk with Kíeros, I'll never know. And unless Kíeros comes to this forum, I see no reason why I should talk to them.

7: Sorry, obviously I play the games in German, so sometimes I get confused between the different names.

8: Merkel is doing okay, I support how she's been hanling the current situation, her behavior is better then I would have expecte of her, she seem to be sticking to her guns.

9: I don't actually know a lot about Poland? My Grandma and her sister came to Germany when they were still young and they came here because their family had German roots, so I am not sure if that even counts.

10: I... have no idea honestly, I never really thought about it. The wars actually don't come up too often but East and West Germany are still pretty dang relevant but it just seems normal, so it's not something I really notice coming up?

11: I lived a long life without the internet and never realised something was missing. Now I can't imagine my life without it.

12: I'm playtesting a gameidea I made myself, does that count mspa

13: My OTP? Don't think there is a couple I really care about at the moment (at least not one I care about more then usual), but I remember getting excited about one not too long ago, I can't recall what it was though. If I remember, I'll let you know
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:45 pm

Have you seen the Furry Movie/Zootopia?

What's your favorite alien race in fiction, not including any found in homestuck?

What number is your favorite number?

What's your fursona? mspa

If you could instantly learn how to play one instrument extremely well, which one would you choose?

Do you like RTS games?
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:49 pm

No

What counts as aliens to you? Like, I don't consume much media that includes aliens, but if you mean non human life from other planets, I've got plenty.

Gotta go with 42, obviously

I decided that if I'd ever make a fursona it'd be a rat and not a good looking one

I learned to play the flute, so suddenly becoming really good in it would be neat

I prefer turnbased, I love having as much time for planing as I want. But I definitely don't dislike them, haven't played any in forever though.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next