Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

+7
Xaber
OverlordJ
Captain
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
Spark Eletran
d_what
11 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 2 Empty Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by OverlordJ Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:28 pm

What music do you listen to?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 2 Empty Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:55 pm

What music do you listen to?
R: Well I like rock
mostly?
but I also like video music
...mostly
And also sometimes techno
.......mostly
do you se a pattern here :0

favourite fruit
R: uh idk banana

favourite dessert
R: uh idk condensed milk stuff

favourite fruit dessert
R: uh idk condensed milk banana

favourite... thread on the quarantine?
R: this one
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:07 pm

What's video music?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:10 pm

...videogame

i
i dont
help me
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:56 pm

I like your taste in music
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:43 pm

I think we're losing steam, so I'll probably pop the queue in the morning (8 hrs). In the meantime, questions agogo!

What Quarantine event do your remember most/most fondly?

What's your personal spin on the recent political mess in Brazil?
Do you think Brazil has what it takes to successfully run the Olympics?
What do you think most needs to change about your country?
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:55 pm

What Quarantine event do your remember most/most fondly?
R: hmmm. the secret santa, i guess??

What's your personal spin on the recent political mess in Brazil?
R: it's been.... fun
in case anyone's outdated: our president and ex-president are doing shit involving money laundering and such and people found out and yeaaah things are going down because they have audio proof of the president giving the ex-president a specific role in order to prevent him from being arrested

and yeah it's... things are going down

yep.

Do you think Brazil has what it takes to successfully run the Olympics?
R: fuck no
it's gonna be an absolute disaster holy shit
i'm glad i don't live by rio de janeiro

What do you think most needs to change about your country?
R: ...everything, probably?
yeah i think everything's a good answer
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:23 pm

Does the answer to your last question include you living there?

Follow up question:

Where is the ideal place that you'd like to live?

Aaaaaand....

What are the three foreign countries you'd most like to visit in your life? (Can be one you've already visited if you really wanna go there again).
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:35 pm

What do you LIKE about brazil?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:41 pm

Where is the ideal place that you'd like to live?

R: ...idk. not brazil :0 prolly either the us or canada i'd imagine

What are the three foreign countries you'd most like to visit in your life? (Can be one you've already visited if you really wanna go there again).

R: canada, more places in the us, and prolly england too

What do you LIKE about brazil?

R:...we've got rad anime openings, mostly :0
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:20 pm

spark u should post some songs in the music thread so it's not such a lonely void of hipster bullshit ;0

so this is actually on topic: imagine you were godzilla. you have the chance to stomp out to wherever you'd like and utterly demolish it. what's the first place you godzillify, and why?
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:23 pm

i will be godzilla on mars

i'm introducing martians to a new genre of film through their own personal experience

yw mars

(you never said it had to be on earth)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:41 pm

What do you imagine martians to be like and do you actually believe martians are real and what is your opinion on the possibility of intelligent life outside of our solar system?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:47 pm

martians are probably not real

aliens are probably real

SOMEWHERE there's gotta be aliens, just don't know where
unless we're actually a glitch in the matrix of smth and just THAT special but i'd doubt that. a lot. really
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:33 am

what's your favourite novel? television show? any media?

do you have any really strong opinions that you've never had a chance to air because nobody's asked you about them?

(also, i submit myself for questioning at some point)
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:14 pm

what's your favourite novel? television show? any media?
R: uhhh i liked the percy jackson books
STEVEN UNIVERSE
....steven universe....???

do you have any really strong opinions that you've never had a chance to air because nobody's asked you about them?

R:i've aired these before but not enough so

diamond and pearl FUCKING SUCK
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Okay and on that ABSOLUTE BLASPHEMY (although admittedly I wish I could have started on platinum) we're gonna pop the queue! Spark, get lost! (only kidding ilu)

and then...

activeUser = Queue.Peek();
UpdateThread();
if(activeUser = this.threadOwner){
        while(true){
             masturbatoryWordSequence();
        }
}
return true;
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:49 pm

Yo D after you've done the generic questions, answer me this, if you will.

How long have you been drawing? And follow up, how long does it usually take you to finish a piece?
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:01 pm

Shit I forgot we had generic questions to answer. Right.

1.  Umm, average day. Set alarm for 6:30, and another at 7:00, get up. Iron clothes, breakfast, pet cats, dress, wash, grab keys and head to work. Walk 15 minutes to work, enter building shortly before 9:00, check mails and queues and reddit and messages. Do work. Go to lunch for 20 minutes to an hour depending on how tired I am. Leave work at 5:30-6:30 depending on business, drive home, eat, do internet things (phone/laptop/splatoon), pet cats, message friends about weekend plans, play cards or draw for a bit maybe, bed, repeat!

2. I have a best friend and he is great! We met in first year of College through a mutual friend. I gained a lot of new friends at the same time but we clicked particularly well and it became kinda clear to everyone we were besties. We've had comments from people on things like how it's intimidating to be friends with me in case the other person doesn't compare to Friend, and on how nobody in college ever sees one around without the other. We're not joined at the hip but we are consistent :V He's easygoing and doesn't talk a whole lot but he's a secret TOTAL NERD and he enjoys my humour and my company. I appreciate his honesty and his total lack of judgement on everything. And he's fun to chat to about random things. I've already read him the first draft of my Best Man speech! He told me I have to read it on the day but frankly it's SUPER inflammatory and the bride will hate me so idk :V

3. My username was Dunnyct for the longest time! Dunny being a pretty common schoolname for people with my surname (inb4 xaber asks no it does not stand for toilet here yes i did know about it meaning that in australia and yes my peers found out a week after I got the name because the goddamn word was described in a footnote on a reading comprehension, also interestingly, if I was from dublin, I'd be called Dunno... heheh dunno_what) but I tired of it after leaving school, since there were already 2 other DunnyCTs on the interwebs. I decided I wanted something that'd be pretty hard to google or tag for most people, but was still, uh, attached to the D, and after months of soulsearching D_what was born. I really like my current name.

4. Ugh this question is so hard
So SOMEWHERE APPROXIMATING THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS
Mudkip, Reuniclus, [SCIZOR TALONFLAME SWAMPERT DRAGALGE] and after that its a tossup. Raikou and Magnezone swap slots pretty frequently. Venusaur and Medicham also do pretty well. But after those first six the level of interest drops pretty significantly. EDIT: I found the results of the test I did on Dragonflycave. It goes; Mudkip, Reuniclus, Dragalge, Talonflame, Scizor, Swampert, Medicham, Raikou, Lilligant, Sawsbuck, Venusaur (wow lots of grass types), Absol, Klefki, Gliscor, Bulbasaur, Magnezone, Kecleon, Bronzong, Eelektrik, Chesnaught, Serperior (see), but those are all in flux past the first two. A lot of those guys are "flavour of the month."

5. I don't think it has a deeper meaning. We just exist. But meanings are what you make of them and I want to leave the world better than I entered it, both short term and longterm. My vegetarianism falls under the former, me telling people about it is the latter.

6. Meerkats are hilarious. Except they eat scorpions, ugh D: If I was an animal I'd want to be a Fruitbat. Cuttlefish are cool too.

7. fuckit if it wasn't for the fact that I'd be stuck there forever and probably starve I'd shoot him through the back of the head with no questions asked, and no guilt or hesitation either. Really wouldn't care in those circumstances. But since I don't want to live on a desert island, and since I'm a bastard who wants to hog all the mercy kills, I'd probably shoot myself if I knew there was no chance of getting off. The other guy can fuck himself. Yes I do rather have someone in mind. It's a deep and probably unfair dislike that's been sorely worn in over the years and it's still scabbing over. I'm mostly over it but IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES I'd probably pick the scab.

8. Very rural, and definitely Urban. I love nature, but I hate travel Surprised Fortunately in Ireland everything is pretty close together. Suburbs yay Surprised

9. Definitely Earth. I am so very earthy. And in order of preference, Earth > Water > Fire > Air.

10. oh man you're gonna regret asking this
I have a LIST ON MY PHONE
Spoiler:
ask me about my list

11. Ground. I'm torn between no secondary type and between Psychic or Normal. Normal might be thematically redundant if no second type, whereas I kinda feel Psychic is a bit self-aggrandising. Like all the people who claim they're Dark. You probably aren't since it's waaaay too common statistically. Fuck, lets go Bug for representation purposes.

12. Bleh who cares about specifics I want more poison types and I want them now!! Poison legends! Poison steel! Poison Fire! (Mollux is adorable and should be canonised.)

13. I'd probably be tempted to give solace and advice but don't want to change anything, and I wouldn't want to spoil the SHOCK of having an actual best friend. So... Chin up, everything is pretty damn good!

14. I would save my wishes in a bank and accrue interest on them.

15. Fuck this is hard. I love the Discworld but I'm too involved with tech to want to live there. Most places are either dystopias or boring, so I'm gonna be boring and say the Pokemon world.

Last edited by d_what on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:09 pm

Captain wrote:Yo D after you've done the generic questions, answer me this, if you will.

How long have you been drawing? And follow up, how long does it usually take you to finish a piece?

Drawing semi seriously, since shortly before I joined dA. I'd been known as "oh yeah, Eoin, he's soooo good at drawing" by classmates since before I can remember but when you're 11 that basically means you know how to do bubble font and can colour trees using more than one shade of green. It means very very little. So I only count from when I started applying myself and actively learning things, so that would be just over 6 years I guess.

Forever minus a couple of days. Honestly I don't finish a good 70% of what I start so statistically that's probably correct. Otherwise? I can get a lot done in a day if I devote myself to it, but it'd be three or four before something is up to uploading standard or a week or two if it's highly detailed. Darkrai was 3 years because the longer I left it the more I had to change when I came back. I started this
Spoiler:
this morning and I'm hoping to have it done by the end of Monday since I've got free time this weekend.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:56 pm

what is your FAVORITE EDGY POKÉMON THEORY

(such as ash being in a coma, blue's raticate dying, the first two gens being post-war worlds seen through the eyes of a child, etc etc)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:04 pm

Well I don't know about edgy but I do believe that Venonat was supposed to evolve into Butterfree (and then Metapod into Venomoth.) I also believe that Ditto are failed Mew clones, but that's not a rational thing. It's more of a faith belief that has nothing to do with anything Gamefreak could suggest.

I also believe that Ash is a dirty rotten cheater and probable sociopath.

E: oh yeah and Masquerain was totally gonna be a water type before they realised they had way too many water types in Hoenn so they changed it.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:52 pm

Wait why do you think that about Ash?

also.....

What is your favourite music to listen to? If you like different music for different moods, feel free to talk about them all!

and finally im gonna do the nickname thing as well bc why not.

Your options are: Dizzle_Whizzle, Diddy Wrong, Deeeeeeeeeeeeelicious, Kirby's Frenemy and ¿Que_D? Please rank from best to worst.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:02 pm

don't forget Dee-Dee too
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:03 pm

Mostly because everyone knows he deliberately (somehow) ignores the type chart but his charisma makes sure he gets away with it. Power of friendship? Power of cheating.

Piano, piano, piano with accompaniment, electronic sometimes, orchestra sometimes, bonus points if either include piano. Or strings, I like strings. Non-lyrical tunes with clever melodies. When I heard first turn fold's Terrible Absolute for the first time with headphones on I swear my kneecaps disintegrated.

I quite like Que_D, it looks like it could have potential on Spanish forums with a Quesa_Dilla D_erivation. After that, D_whiz, Kirby, Deeeeelicious and Diddy Wrong. Diddy Wrong is very Diddy Wrong indeedy.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next