Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

+7
Xaber
OverlordJ
Captain
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
Spark Eletran
d_what
11 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 3 Empty Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by Xaber Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:20 pm

what part of your personality are you the proudest of?
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 3 Empty Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:49 am

what's your opinion on celtic punk music?

or for that matter, what sort of music do you enjoy?
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:02 am

Xaber wrote:what part of your personality are you the proudest of?

Erk. You know those signs in zoos that say "don't feed the animals"? My brain needs one that says " don't feed the ego." But I think it's gonna have to be my self-awareness. Most of my personality is either sourced from or powered by that, and its not something I see in a lot of people very often. It's kinda damgerous though. 4-5 years ago I got seriously depressed and couldn't stop reflecting on my personality, and I hated myself. But I worked on it and through it and now I both like myself and I keep negative introspection to half an hour per day.

invisibleTerrarium wrote:what's your opinion on celtic punk music?

I don't really know what that is so I'm gonna file it with "green beer" and "corned beef and cabbage". If it's got anything to do with Dropkick Murphy's or whatever those guys are called, I have yet to meet any Irish person who has any interest in them. I only know about them via the international internet. I had a Dutch friend who liked them though.

or for that matter, what sort of music do you enjoy?

Uhhh

Piano, piano, piano with accompaniment, electronic sometimes, orchestra sometimes, bonus points if either include piano. Or strings, I like strings. Non-lyrical tunes with clever melodies. When I heard first turn fold's Terrible Absolute for the first time with headphones on I swear my kneecaps disintegrated.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:11 am

[post deleted sorry]

Last edited by muffinz on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:25 am

muffinz wrote:alright:

does that dark shade of tealish blue in your avatar have any particular significance

why is your username so fun to make puns out of

why does math

and lastly: what is your List, that's been in your signature for like thirty years and i still don't know what it means but i've never had the opportunity to ask
(i guess you could say that i am, indeed, Ask[ing] You About Your List)

heheh these are fun questions.

1. Probably not, but I very likely picked it from via hexcodes so it's probably got some form of symmetry. If I was a HS character my colours would be various tints and shades of that.

2. Because it sounds like two words but is short like one word and the first word is the start of lots and lots of words!

3. because 6, or possibly the shannon fano theorem

4. So a couple years ago, my half an hour of introspection kicked in after a week of a) being treated like someone who reads a lot and b) being asked a bunch of questions for "what is another word for X?" that I couldn't answer. I'm a very fast reader, but I don't actively buy books very often if at all, so I've never felt I deserved the title of bookworm. Kinda impostor syndrome y'know? And after failing to supply adequate vocabulary several times for assorted people in one week I got kinda selfconscious about my actual vocabulary and how other people are clearly overestimating it.
So I set myself a task! From then on, any time I use a cool word or phrase, and use it correctly, I would have to train myself to take it down so that'd I'd remember using it. And all of these are words that I ALREADY knew, but I didn't KNOW that I knew them. And holy shit! After a year I had some really impressive words on there! I've missed several too. Like, I used Accrue in a post on the last page and I think that's a really cool word but I haven't added it yet (I think). It's kinda worked, now I'm confident about my vocab and the list keeps expanding Very Happy
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:40 pm

D, does it count as a question if I ask you about your opinion on the fact that I think you are a great person and count you among the list of great internet people that I admire for being such great people?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:47 pm

Yes because it ends with a question mark! No wait I can come up with a better reason, lets try circular logic, your point is valid because I say it is, and I get to decide that because I am great, as shown in your point, which is getting gradually more correcter (yes more correcter) the more this train wreck of a paragraph is read. And also, it's a question. Quad erat demonstratum! Schooled, bitches!

also thanks Razz I take regular solace from the fact that on the internet I am one of the rarest of unicorns; I'm a "content producer." Woot woot!
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:48 pm

Bro, don't try me, I will feed your ego like I'm the witch and it is Hänsel

Seriously, you are like, one of the four people I can think of right now who I utterly admire on the internet. Not because you produce content, that's great, too, but that's not the reason. You are one of the few people who I think are so capital G Good that it makes me consider if I should try to be a better person. Like, there's a bunch of nice people, and there is a slightly less large bunch of REALLY nice people and then there are those incredibly rare people that are so aweinspiringly, impressively Good, that they make me think "You know, maybe I should, like, care about my fellow humans, and not like, just the ones I personally know, but like, all of them, and try to be the best I can, because, shit, I don't know, you make me feel like, maybe that's what I should do?"

On the topic of questions, would you be upset if I called you "Big D" and then snickered, because my mind is in the gutter?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:11 pm

Nah the D_erivations are pretty funny and harmless. Although for technical accuracy lets go with "probably statistically average D but gets bonus points for trying really hard".
I'm curious what makes you think I'm actually "good" though instead of just, idk, rational/wordy/affable/essentially benign, it's not like I've been habitually drumming up support for a tree hugger's marathon against cancer among third world nation paraplegic orphans (tm). Or more realistically, it's not like there's been a whole lot of opportunity for me to say "there, there" metaphorically to people going though tough times on the Quarantine, especially when other people aren't also doing the same thing. So yeah, consider my curiosity piqued.

I mean, you're not wrong, but I'm still curious. mspa

brb checking for piqued on my list
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Man, honestly, I am not even fully sure. Plus, people who do the whole tree hugger thing mostly usually annoy me? Like, goody two shoes are only annoying and make me feel like I need to be LESS good, to counter balance their bullshit. But there are like, four people or so, that make me say "Whoa, you are someone I genuinly believe to be a great rolemodel, someone I would publicly admit on looking up to"
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:38 pm

[post deleted sorry]

muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:15 am

Yeah I forgot to mention it last night, gonna pop the queue in a couple of hours.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:45 am

Aaaaand I think that's a wrap! Queue has been popped, and iT is on the top. Questions ahoy!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:08 am

After the generic questions:

1) iT, did you burn down a school?

2) how did you burn down the school?

3) are you in the habit of burning schools down now?

4) when do you intend to stop your scholarly arson rampage?

5) are you available for hire?

Okay no but serious question time. You recently surprised us with a revelation (not the Kotakun one) about yourself (again: iT is not Kotakun) and I'm sure we all appreciate that you felt comfortable enough around us to do so! Was it a spur-of-the-moment thing or were you thinking about it for a while?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:17 pm

Are there invisible lizards inside of you?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:38 pm

what's your favorite homestuck character

because. yknow. relevant
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:52 pm

i will answer all these when i am not on mobile!!
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:16 pm

1. Describe an average day in your life.
wake up at either like 6:20 or 6:30 depending on whether its mine or my brother's week to take the first shower, breakfast, bus, (insert whatever bizarre school schedule rotation they've decided upon today), leave at 2:30, bus, get home at like 3:15, procrastinate drawing or playing video games for like 2 hours before i do hw, bed at like 10:30-11:30 but sometimes not til like 3am because im bad at sleep scheduling

2. Describe someone in your friendgroup.
girl slightly taller than me, brownish hair with lotsa freckles, blue eyes. always ponytail, always wearing very comfy clothes.

Explain how you got your username.
oh my fucking god this is painfully embarassing but were MSPAF still up, you could view this godawful fanventure made when i was literally twelve and really should not have been involved with internet culture to the degree i was. it was painfully self indulgent and fulfilled basically every single terrible homestuck oc stock trope. overpowered characters, bad names, etc etc etc. invisibleTerrarium was the (chameleon-themed) main character. now that i'm stuck with it i've actually grown to like it though, and it's become my default name for most internet things. in some other places i've just dropped the "invisible" and become Terrarium, which is much catchier i think, and an easier word to remember that no one would ever take as a username.

What are your top ten favorite pokemon, in no particular order?
Oh shit. uh.
Sceptile, Gallade, Barbaracle, in that order
and then after that it just sorta shifts endlessly but some highlights include:
Beheeyem, Kyogre, Malamar, Salamence, Metagross, Crobat. if i had to pick seven.

desert island thingp/b]
i'd like to say i'd just tough it out with this asshole, and obviously that's the moral high ground, but were i actually thrown into this situation i don't know if i would be able to stop myself from killing him or killing myself. honestly this is a really depressing thing and its making my anxiety act up just thinking abt it so im going to move on

[b]Do you live in an urban environment or a rural environment? Which would you rather live in?

if you look up the definition of "suburb" in the dictionary, it would be the entire state i live in, which is basically just one enormous suburb of new york city. i'd much rather live in the city, and i'd really like to go to school in a city somewhere, preferably very far from here. providence, atlanta, rochester, chicago, cleveland are all looking good rn.

Earth, Wind, Water or Fire? Combinations are not allowed, as are the answers "neither" or "all", or anything to that effect
water. easiest question on the face of the planet

What is your favourite word?
FUCK i got a lot. "halcyon," "apocryphal," "mulitudinous," "metalloid," "chthonic." that's just what comes to mind. no where near as extensive as d_'s nuts (lmao), but i like words

If you were to be given a Pokèmon type, what would it be? You can select a single type or a dual-type. This is not a "what's your favorite" question, but rather a "what represents you the best" question. Try to take your personality traits and interests into consideration!
i asked my best friend and he said i'm normal/grass because i am the epitome of something with a really weird concept that turns out to be surprisingly decent and fun to work with i.e. sawsbuck

Out of all the currently unused type combinations, what are the Top Three that you most want to see on a gen 7 Pokèmon? Note: for the purposes of this question, you can choose to answer with NFE-exclusive types (like Bug/Water) or legendary-exclusive types (like pure Flying).
electric/poison is number one because how fucking awesome would that be
psychic/ghost would be awesome but hoopa's taken it and i like hoopa but i look at him and i dont think "psychic/ghost" i woulda guessed like dark/fairy
for that matter, ghost/fairy would be the coolest

You have the opportunity to briefly go back in time and talk to your past self from five years ago. You can choose any number of things to tell them, but you should probably try to avoid changing the future too severely. What will you tell your past self about?
i'd tell him to quit orchestra while he's ahead because it becomes hell later

This is a pretty cliche one, but what would you do if you received three wishes from some sort of genie-like figure? Let's assume you can't wish for additional wishes and can't wish to become omniscient or omnipotent.
oh easy
1. ditch the anxiety
2. figure out rendering
3. guarantee that at some point in the future one of my story ideas will become a successful and well-recieved cartoon or comic, leaving some ambiguity but basically realizing my Stupid Pipe Dream

If you could choose to permanently live in any fictional setting or world different from our own, where would you go? No matter where you choose to go, you remain an ordinary human, and all you can take with you is whatever you're wearing at the time, plus whatever items you're usually always carrying (phone? wallet?).
???????? i dunno. hitchhikers guide to the galaxy comes to mind.

Did you burn down a school?
yes

How did you burn down the school?
trade secret

Are you in the habit of burning down schools now?
i always have been >Smile

When do you intend to stop your scholarly arson rampage?
it's the family business, d. i don't expect you to understand

Are you available for hire?
yes. check my website itburns.com for rates

You recently surprised us with a revelation (not the Kotakun one) about yourself (again: iT is not Kotakun) and I'm sure we all appreciate that you felt comfortable enough around us to do so! Was it a spur-of-the-moment thing or were you thinking about it for a while?
this is a stupid answer, but a bit of both? you guys were going to be some of the first people i told anyway, but i ended up on like a coming-out spree after in rapid fire succession after discussing it w two other friends and i told like ten people (including you guys as one person) via the exact same shitty pun

Are there invisible lizards inside of you?
what you all have come to know as my corpus is actually an amalgamation of spare pieces puppeted by a collection of around a hundred small, amorphous, unseeable lizards. i'm very sorry to have deceived you for so long.

what's your favorite homestuck character

i hate to say this but even after all these years and the long process of coming to understand what a tool he is, it's still eridan.

invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:32 pm

What are your feelings regarding hats?

On a scale of Europe to the US GOP, where do you fall politically? (asking the big questions to 16 year olds woho) Is your stance unusual in your area or among your family?

What is your favourite spoon?

Who is the sexiest quarantine user that isn't whoever Spark said?????

EDIT: I forgot to ask spark a question so I'm gonna passively imply it in a question to you instead
iT, why hasn't Spark played Splatoon with me yet???

"passively"
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:40 pm

What are your feelings regarding hats?
it's a bit of a family in-joke that i really can't stand hats. i don't like wearing things on my head, it just rubs me the wrong way for whatever reason. id prefer to go without a hood in the rain for the same reason (though id still wear a coat bc wet clothes are the worst)
plus if i'm wearing a hat you can't see my hair which i recently dyed green :0

On a scale of Europe to the US GOP, where do you fall politically? (asking the big questions to 16 year olds woho) Is your stance unusual in your area or among your family?
i consider myself a democratic socialist right now, something in line with sanders, though i'm sure i'll mellow out with age. my parents are more hillary-style democrats, but they're out of place in this town. my state is an ocean of blue but this county is a small islet of hardline, ted cruz-style red in the midst of that.

What is your favorite spoon?
Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 3 Grapefruit-spoon
grapefruit spoon.

Who is the sexiest quarantine user that isn't whoever Spark said?????
isn't it obvious????
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:46 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:
plus if i'm wearing a hat you can't see my hair which i recently dyed green :0

Hot damn, I ask *the best* questions. I get weird answers, but still.

grapefruit spoon.

Hot DAMN, I ask THE BEST questions!! That was an actually interesting answer!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:00 pm

iT, why hasn't Dee gotten off his ass and decided on some day/time for us to play Splatoon? mspa

also - what's ur favorite ace attorney case
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:42 pm

ohhhh fuck thats a really tough question!!!! i love so many of them... i guess i'll take the cop-out route and say it's a tie, between 1-5 (Rise From the Ashes) and I-4 (Turnabout Reminiscence).
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:07 pm

[post deleted sorry]

muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:34 pm

ok then what's your LEAST favorite AA case
4-2 (Turnabout Corner) for sure. Irredeemably annoying defendant. There was no reason for him to be so uncooperative and the joke about him getting gangster confused with gangsta was funny for about two seconds before you realize it's Wocky's entire fuckin character and theres nothing else to him. The twist was? decent. Nothing special at least. The series has done self-defense before and in much better ways, 1-3 comes to mind. The villain is pretty much just a discount Ini Miney, the victim is a tool, and neither of the two interesting yakuza characters (Plum and Big Wins) get basically any screen time. If your case's far and away best standalone character is Noodle Guy spelled backwards there is probably an issue with your case! mspa

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 3 Plum-sword%28e%29
Like, this character is so cool!!!! Focus on her more!!!

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 3 Wocky-fighting%28d%29
...nah. we'll give you ten hours of this asshat instead

what's your favorite video game in general
Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 3 Maxresdefault

when are you going to hunt down your evil twin opaqueAquarium and forcibly fuse with him to gain ultimate power
I'm waiting until the school burnings capture his attention on the news and he comes to valiantly stop me, y'know. Saves a lot of unnecessary effort.

how often do buildings burn down in your presence
Often enough. farao
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next