Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

+8
OverlordJ
kotakun
Hanky Panky
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
tinning3
12 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 36 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by d_what Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:54 pm

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Dang now I really want a hug! Loving these GMT 0 midnight updates BTW.

It's pretty interesting how Roxy, while usually chatty to her friends or one-on-one, is tongue-tied when near a group - and yet she dashes over to Rose, who she's never really spoken to really! Adorable.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 36 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by OverlordJ Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:01 am

D'awww indeed John, d'awww indeed.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu May 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Man, why has everyone stopped posting all of a sudden? Things just went from busy to deserted in the blink of a heartbeat.

I mean, obviously it's 'cause nobody has anything they want to say, but there's loads of stuff that could be said right now! Like, uh... like, the weather! Yeah! That's totally an interesting and relevant conversation topic to us all! :pams:
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu May 07, 2015 9:05 pm

Well, my semester just finished, so I actually have free time again.

...For like two weeks. Then I start up a summer internship.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu May 07, 2015 9:55 pm

Eh, I don't know if I really have anything to talk about at the moment?

But hey, if you want to talk about something, I'm here.

As for the weather, it's getting warmer here, how about you guys?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu May 07, 2015 10:53 pm

...I'm still in the middle of finals...

I have a paper due Saturday and a CS final tomorrow, but I started hatching some Beldum eggs again while I was studying earlier. So that's my small does of Pokemon for the day.

The weather here is getting really muggy and I can see all the people from the northern states dying!
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri May 08, 2015 3:28 am

Good luck with your finals
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri May 08, 2015 5:16 am

muffinz wrote:Man, why has everyone stopped posting all of a sudden? Things just went from busy to deserted in the blink of a heartbeat.

I mean, obviously it's 'cause nobody has anything they want to say, but there's loads of stuff that could be said right now! Like, uh... like, the weather! Yeah! That's totally an interesting and relevant conversation topic to us all! :pams:

"busy"

TBH me and OJ are probably around pretty much always, me because I'm never without internet and him for reasons unknown, but we can't comment all the time because our post counts are already pretty inflated Surprised I said I'd wait until more people appeared. 'Cause I miss all you guys Sad Especially the ones that haven't been around in a while! Drega. Tinning (happy birthday dude). phanDex. Who will be our Hungarian representative without phanDex around??? Nelly, Gelatino, VD even :O

But there's lots to talk about really. Plans for the summer, events, the latest HS updates (or any other comic/series w/e) possible Pokemon game being announced at e3 (have they EVER been announced at e3 though?) and the idea of becoming a yearly series (no thanks), or just whatever Neutral Yesterday I hatched my first Sylveon and called it Camomile.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri May 08, 2015 6:57 am

I live on the internet. I regularly check this forum so yeah, when people talk, I usually notice it.

And yeah, I wish more of us were here, we used to have so many awesome people here and now we have fewer, though still totally awesome, people here.

As for summer plan, well, I don't have much planed myself, at least not in the sense of vacations. But I've been also too busy to fix my pokemon situation, which means I don't have much to talk about there either. Oh, and I get pretty much all my Pokenews from you guys, so I don't really know what's going on there.

As for the info you dropped, well, yearly series sounds aweful, all of those either fail OR become completly uncreative.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri May 08, 2015 7:37 pm

Summer plans... Well, I'm moving to a new house soon! We already fully own the house we're going to move to but we haven't actually packed our things yet 'cause we're in the middle of repainting the house first. It'll probably be in late June that we actually move our stuff over there? But yeah, exiting stuff!

Yearly series? What is that referring to? I am finding it difficult to discern the thing which you are saying could become such a series. Actually I pretty much don't know exactly what a "yearly series" would be outside of the literal definition of those words so yeah
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri May 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Well, the games I heard described as such are games that make a new version of basically the same game each year. The Fifa games are one of the most straight forward examples. Megaman used to work as a Yearly Series I think and it was part of the reason why people got tired of it for a while.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri May 08, 2015 8:08 pm

We actually discussed it back when ORAS was announced I think - since BW2, Pokémon has had a main series game almost every year. Before, the wait was a bit longer, at least in Japan. This raises questions as to whether it's habit forming on GF's part, and ESPECIALLY whether IR's that they're more efficient, or simply rushing/not polishing off games to previously held standards.

Given ORAS's rather shameful approach to including any of Emerald's advances, in addition to some other stuff (berry mixing, a proper safari zone, same map size/no new areas) makes me suspect the latter. Also, XY's postgame.
At the very least, Z or whatever shouldn't suffer for this, because unique to recent gens, ORAS interrupted the main region games instead of following them (I.e. diamond, then platinum, THEN HGSS, or hell just BW then BW2), giving more time to work on extra stuff. Apparently GF has two dev teams who each work on every second game release, so XY's guys should have over 2 years to work on it should it be announced at e3.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 pm

Yeah, I'm optimistic about that.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun May 10, 2015 1:46 am

Eh, I dunno - I feel like the focus on ORAS went more into the story this time around almost? Revamping it and adding more stuff, especially Episode Delta.

Meanwhile, XY might've taken a long time because it IS the first 3D main series, so well... They probably had to use up a LOT of time just creating all the models and animations for all of them. It's a lot more intensive, I think.

Oh, and btw - Nintendo's getting some rides and attractions made by Universal! Likely to be a new area in Orlando's Universal Studios park, probably replacing Toon Lagoon. Whaddya guys wanna see?

also i'm still here bUT I KEEP FORGETTING TO CHECK UP ON THE FORUMS
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun May 10, 2015 10:35 am

somebody FEED THE FORUMS and CHECK THE BABY FORUM MONITORS, it sounds like FORUM HAS DIAPER RASH
I would like to see reasonably priced rides/attractions/confections. Because those places are sadly expensive and out of the realms of a lot of people; given Nintendo's history of cheaper games, I hope they keep that alive. Even if it means less profits.
Also, dedicated areas for safe gaming, downloadable spotpass events, maaaaybe safeboxes on each of the moving rides for DSs because the last thing anybody wants is to smash their DS because it fell out of your pocket on Kirby's Killer Koaster. (not patented)

they probably won't have a go-karting area because you're not supposed to ram people with proper go-karts, and people will be trying to smuggle bananas. VR chairs with motion and dedicated brakes/wheels + local multiplayer tied directly to MK8 would be cool instead.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun May 10, 2015 11:26 am

I don't know enough about tides to say but some spotpass stuff would probably be neat?

Also, Spark, I greatly enjoy your tumblr, even if I am mostly silent. And I don't think I am following you, because I don't know how that works.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat May 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Who's got two thumbs and has had to catch-and-reset not one, but TWO shiny Raikou in the space of one day??

That's right, the tear-soaked dude over here!!
I don't even have the shiny charm
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat May 16, 2015 8:30 pm

Why did you HAVE to do that?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat May 16, 2015 8:44 pm

I'm SRing for a usable Raikou with HP Ice. A Shiny Raikou is nice to look at, but sits in Bank for eternity. Whereas as usable Raikou is forever.

On the one hand, I'm told I did the right thing, since a competitive Raikou is rarer than a shiny.

On the other hand, a competitive Raikou is rarer than a shiny Sad INFINITY AWAITS
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat May 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Wait, so you got a shiney twice while resetting the SAME Raikou?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun May 17, 2015 5:46 am

Yes. Within 12 hours of one another. And both times, the Raikou was shit - which I'm actually thankful for; if it was mediocre/slightly good, I might have been tempted to keep it only to regret it later.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun May 17, 2015 11:34 am

Oh my god, I'd never have the patience to do something like that
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon May 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Does anyone know any fun stuff to do in London? I'm going on Thursday for a few days with some friends and... my knowledge of things to do in major cities runs out outside of Manhattan.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon May 18, 2015 9:51 pm

It has some nice sightseeing things, like the Tower of London or Big Ben and stuff?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat May 23, 2015 1:08 am

YO GUYS

NEW POKÉMON MYSTERY DUNGEON ANNOUNCED

"POKÉMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON", FOR THE 3DS

COMIN TO JAPAN AUTUMN, USA WINTER AND EUROPE EARLY 2016

I AM HYYYYYPED
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next