Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

+17
tinning3
ilikeoctopus
Dregadude
Xaber
Druplesnubb
willPowered
muffinz
Spark Eletran
d_what
phantasmalDexterity
OverlordJ
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
variegatedDreamraptor
NinteNerd
cephalopodAscendant
Hanky Panky
21 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 6 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by kotakun Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:35 pm

well i know one pokemon that im not evolvin because it looked cooler before
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 6 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:48 pm

about that, oj

Spoiler:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:17 pm

Dammit I looked. I liked it though! I wanna see what it's like in action.
The eyes are creepy however.

I was wondering, do you think there'd be a point in trying to enforce a 'content besides spoilers' semi-rule? Because to anyone going 100% spoiler free in all cases, this thread is 10% cryptic and 90% Dullsville without additional discussion. On that note. If there's a challenge mode from the start, (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE) will you do it, no regrets? Or perhaps (loool) easy mode?
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:21 pm

please let there be a challenge mode thats the best part by far especially if i can do it right at the beginning
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:23 pm

I doubt I'd use an Easy Mode. I might try a Challenge Mode, but I'd probably stick with normal difficulty. And I really think the only thing we really need to enforce is using spoiler tags. I don't see a problem with content outside spoilers, as long as people use spoilers correctly.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:35 pm

See look at us discussing things without spoilers Very Happy

Also hey other topic: it:s important to remember that XY won't be like BW in the sense that there will be multiple-genned Pokemon available. So much so that 1 to 5s will be jumping out at us left right and center; at this stage via videos alone we've probably seen enough to fill two regular storymode dexes. Dexii? Whatever. I mean, Salamence will likely be in it. Haxorus is confirmed (axew hordes). Flygon showed up once, might not be available in story mode but might as well say it is! With so many Pokemon available... Are you guys gonna wing it, or will you target the new kids on the block? It'll be tempting, what with all the Mienfoos (haven't seen too many 5ers to be honest) and Axews and Dratinis (maybe? They were spotted) and Eevees and Pidgeys and (confirmed) Absols and Mawiles and Kanto starters lying around... I'd say that if the story mode and linearity of X and Y were suitably different (think BW2's scenery and gym leaders with DP>PT's Gym order swap) this could be a great gen to play the games twice with minimum overlap in experience.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:41 pm

My planned team is predominantly Kalos Pokémon, but I'm quite sure the end result will be different from what I'm planning. One thing's for certain, though: I'll use my Kalos and Kanto starters (whichever I end up choosing) and Inkay. The other three are much more flexible and will probably come down to type coverage and HM's more than anything else.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:57 pm

I just kinda realised.

Topsy Turvy on a Pokémon with contrary will be really hard to pull off competitively. Assuming you can use it on yourself, but since you can pick the timing of mega evolution (confirmed) I can't see that as a problem.

Now, Topsy Turvy on a Pokemon with Unaware. THAT I'd like to see.(switch in on a boost or boosted attack, ignore the boost and then make it a liability. Ruins momentum.) Can't see Bibarel or Quagsire getting it though...
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:58 pm

On the subject of multiplying pokemon evos, has anyone got a video of magneton on Pokémon Colosseum (not XD)? I need it for science.

And by science I mean I want to count the screws. The whole series is very inconsistent with whether magneton is literally three magnemites or if they're slightly different.
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:09 pm

Colosseum/XD Magneton is just dumb. Normally the three Magnemite are at least fused together, but in the 3D games, they aren't even attached to each other at all. They're literally just three magnemites floating in a triangular formation.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:37 pm

Well my issue with the new pokemon is in the spoiler:
Spoiler:

Alright I think I've exceeded my angry cursing threshold. Where the fuck are all my fresh towels.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:55 pm

I used all my cuss words because some stupid fuckface pulled out in front of me on the road today and had I not been predicting it, I'd have been hit.

oh whoops there went my last one.

hooray for a gen 6 magnemite!
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:39 pm

my kalos team is whoever the fuck i catch first
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:56 pm

So far, if I were to play gen 6, I would probably not use any of the gen 6 mons besides the starter.

I mean, Spritzee might, if it evolves into something cool. Maybe Noivern. But besides that? Nope, Gen 1-5 will make my main Team.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:30 pm

someone's a mister grumpy gills.

(hint: it's OJ)
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:49 pm

I thought we were supposed to be discussing news, not universal constants.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Hahaha, that amuses me Very Happy
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:02 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:I thought we were supposed to be discussing news, not universal constants.
so how bout that gravity
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:12 pm

gravity

that motherfucker
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:14 pm

That 9.81 m/s2.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:31 pm

OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:31 pm

why the fuck is it learnable by so many pokemon by tutors its a pretty stupid move yes it has its merits but personally i could get by without ever having seen it
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:35 pm

Grumpy Gills the Gravitational Gengar.
Smile
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:21 pm

once again, i must side with grumpy gengar.

this evolution is boring and unimaginative like every other pokemon that evolves by adding another one of itself. this one doesn't even have the flimsy excuse of being based off things like iT said.

kudos for a portmanteau name though.

i was actually researching lack holes earlier today, i believe i have you all beat on gravity.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:59 pm

before i realized you were talking about black holes as in astronomical phenomena, i thought "lack hole" was a vulgar euphemism
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next