Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE Empty Pokemon news discussion: Uri Geller is a terrible person.

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:51 am

If you wanna talk about new stuff being revealed about X and Y, here's the place to do it.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_footage_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_X_and_Y_shown_on_Pok%C3%A9mon_Smash

^ That link goes to a Bulbapedia article showing screenshots of some new X and Y footage.  Exciting!
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:08 am

Well, it's pretty interesting but unless I missed something, we didn't really learn much new, right?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:10 am

No, mostly it just showed us more animations and how the game will look. Though it does show that, unlike Unova, pokemon from other regions will be present in the main game.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:14 am

Gelatino wrote:No, mostly it just showed us more animations and how the game will look.  Though it does show that, unlike Unova, pokemon from other regions will be present in the main game.

Oh hey, I hadn't thought of that, that's a very important detail indeed! Awesome! Very Happy 
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:38 am

but i actually liked the gen5-only restriction of B/W. it forces you to use pokemon you wouldn't consider otherwise.

anyway, clauncher is still my fave gen 6 so far. reeeeeally hoping for water/electric
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Gelatino wrote: Though it does show that, unlike Unova, pokemon from other regions will be present in the main game.
But we already knew that, no?
I mean we already saw things like Houndour and Tauros herds.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Druplesnubb Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:31 pm

We already knew that the Kalos pokedex would have over 700 pokemon or something. That pretty much guarantees that almost every pokemon will make a return.

Druplesnubb
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:39 pm

I thought that "over 700" figure was for the new National Dex tally. Which makes it a bit of a no-brainer, considering Unova left us at 649, if I recall correctly.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Someone was complaining about the murky brown sand near the wake at the beach, but if you've ever been to the beach you'll know there's white fluffy dry sand further away from the ocean, and then brown clumpy wet sand where the waves touch. It's been a sort of pet peeve of mine that there was no wet sand area in previous Pokemon beaches. My problem with this Gen VI screenshot is that I've never seen blue sand under the waves like that.

/california ranting
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:12 pm

Hmm, yeah, we already knew that there'd be some old pokemons, I just never really realized it untill it was pointed out...

That said, I doubt that they'll really have over 700 different Pokemons in that region. I mean, that'd mean that for the first time since the early gens we'd be able to find all Pokemons in one region!
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:10 pm

they could still leave the rare legendaries out right? you still get a ton of pokemon
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:14 pm

Do you know how huge and varied the region will have to be to accomodate for that? Maybe if it was actually representative of the whole of Europe like was thoght a while back instead of just france, but even then I'd have serious doubts. Still, they did manage most of the pokemon being catchable in HG/ SS, so maybe they'll come close again.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:22 pm

well the kalos pokedex is already split into coastal central and mountain so it is going to be varied
each area would need to be like 200 pokemon and hoenn has 202 sinnoh has 210 and b2w2 has 300 so it works
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:27 pm

It's still pretty unlikely, in my opinion. I think we're more likely to see about 200-300 total, divided up into the different regions for easier searching.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:30 pm

The sand complaint was mine. That wasn't a realism complaint though, more of an aesthetic one. And anyway wet sand loses its saturation. It should go greyer, not a stronger, more coloured brown.

Tides coming back as a permanent, ever present feature would be cool though. And roving weather. And more daily events! Makes it more engaging (and also I think more like animal crossing??)
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by PunchesMalone Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Is the rumor true that Gamefreak has been working on this game ever since they finished Diamond and Pearl? I remember hearing that somewhere, no idea where though. I'd imagine this game could have that many Pokemon in the national dex if that's true.
PunchesMalone
PunchesMalone
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Heeeeeey still sad 'bout surf being a blob

Also yeah, it's kinda unlikely we'll see ALL the old Pokémon in X and Y. UNLESS there are a shitload of version exclusives, like, if nearly AAAAALL the old Pokémon were separated into being exclusive to either X or Y.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:00 pm

Spark Eletran wrote:Heeeeeey still sad 'bout surf being a blob

Also yeah, it's kinda unlikely we'll see ALL the old Pokémon in X and Y. UNLESS there are a shitload of version exclusives, like, if nearly AAAAALL the old Pokémon were separated into being exclusive to either X or Y.

Blob surf is fine by me, it's what I'm used to

Version exclusives are a pain in the ass in my opinion, I want them ERADICATED ONCE AND FOR ALL but we know that's not happening
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:03 pm

skrelp and clauncher
i think there were others but those are the two i remember offhand
youre welcome
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:11 pm

^ Also the cotton candy dog-looking-thing, and the plague doctor bird.
Clauncher and Swirlix are in X, Skrelp and Spritzee are in Y.

...Is anyone else reminded of Gamzee when they hear "Spritzee"?
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:14 pm

muffinz wrote:
...Is anyone else reminded of Gamzee when they hear "Spritzee"?

NOW I AM

THANKS A LOT MUFFINZ

anyways yeah i know im kinda used to blob surf too but we have 3d models for all the pokemon now and we actually see them when we ride so i thought maybe wed have more than a blob and all
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Let's not forget Xerneas and Yveltal are version-exclusives (or if I'm misremembering and they haven't been officially confirmed, they're pretty much guaranteed to be).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:36 pm

i'm hoping they'll do the thing they did with ho-oh and lugia in hgss...

also we must make a pact right now and be tradefriends so we can get all the neat pokemon we want. now that i'm thinking about how your game friends can interact with you in XY, i'm pretty excited because i actually have people to play with Very Happy  
i know it's a bit early to decide, but which version are you guys leaning toward? it's X for me.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Considering Gold and Silver (and their remakes) are the only games in which you can get both version mascots by yourself, I suspect they won't. I'm currently leaning towards Y, but I'd like to see other version exclusives before making up my mind.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:39 pm

As of now I want Y cause Yveltal is awesome
plus the legendary is often the biggest thing, i mean, other version exclusives you CAN just like trade with other people who have the other version, but the box legendary is something bigger, theres only one of it per game and all so its not as likely that someone will want to trade with you
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next