Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 20 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:08 pm

No; I've never really liked pikachu that much.
Honestly, the only two good electric types to come from gen 1 were Jolteon and Zapdos.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 20 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by Dregadude Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:17 pm

I'm sure Spark would be ecstatic to hear you say so.

Electrode was cool in theory but dumb in practice.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Electrode is fast but it has mediocre base stat distributions. plus it didn't learn any STAB moves until like gen 3.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:25 pm

What about Electrabuzz?

Also, I liked Pikachu in Yellow but I admit, it's pretty weak, I only like it because it's the starter Pokemon in Yellow...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:30 pm

I at least enjoy Electabuzz's design. It's probably one of the more original ones from Gen I.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:45 pm

i had blue version don't talk to me about electabuzz

stupid magmar
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Yeah, Electrode is just disappointing in terms of how it functions in battle, in gen 1 at least. So it was the fastest thing in the game back then, yeah, but that's all it had going for it. It's got slightly-slightly-above-average special and mediocre-to-low other stats, you need to use up your super-valuable one-of-a-kind non-replaceable Thunderbolt TM to give it a good STAB move, and even if you do that, it hardly gets any other good moves at all-- Light Screen is potentially useful, but Selfdistrust and Explosion are not the best on base 50 attack, and... um... that's about all else it gets by level up aside from Tackle and Swift and like two or three other moves, and TMs can't give it anything but Normal and Electric moves. The only other interesting thing it has is its natural 15-20-ish% critical hit rate thanks to its speed, but even that percentage isn't high enough to depend on.

Wait I just realized
I just got sigquoted for the first time in my life oh my gosh
oh my gosh oh my gosh eeeeeeeeeee ]<\I;.'0
(there's no emoticon that properly conveys my current feelings so I just put a random jumble of emoticon parts there :amps:)
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:56 pm

I hated pikachu the day I learnt that the original mascot was going to be clefairy- and by extension, the shadow pokémon, Gengar. Having Gengar be the anti-mascot for the franchise would have been amazing.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:43 pm

News: Demo players have found a shiny fennekin!
Big image:
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Are shinies set to double encounter rate in this demo? That's the third shiny I've seen so far from these demos.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:00 pm

Hanky Panky wrote:i had blue version don't talk to me about electabuzz

[...]

stupid magmar
I share your pain, though I kinda liked Magma in later gens...

But just because Electabuzz wasn't in the version we played doesn't mean it didn't exist

Also, this is the first time I hear about the "Pikachu wasn't supposed to be the mascot" thing, got any sources foir that?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:02 pm

Right here. It's not terribly obscure information.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:10 pm

tinning3 wrote:Are shinies set to double encounter rate in this demo? That's the third shiny I've seen so far from these demos.
Could simply be the fact that there are a lot of people playing the demos
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:14 pm

Ooh, I like shiny Fokko! I hope its evolutions will look that good shiny.
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Location : Guys just so you know I am basically NEVER on here. I only really go on the Skype now.

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Hmm, that would actually explain some stuff like the Pokedolls...

Holy shit, shiny Clefairy looks so freaking ugly! What the hell, why are it's ears neongreen?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:11 pm

I've only seen Sylveon and Fenniken. What was the other one?
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:12 pm

probably pikachu or some other one that we already know what it is
plus what the fuck purple thats just
yuck
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:56 am

I'd still like to see a 3d model, though, y'know?
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:45 am

OverlordJ wrote:
Holy shit, shiny Clefairy looks so freaking ugly! What the hell, why are it's ears neongreen?
75% of shinies look worse than the normals, imo
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:25 am

I seen a gogoat that was being ridden and it was shiny. But this was from that tumblr guy who made those fake mega evolution, and I didn't really check for other sources for verification, so it could be false. And in fact googling shiny gogoat has a completely different colour, so it probably WAS false. Also yeah, I find that with rare exceptions to the rule, most shinies are either so completely different to the point it makes no sense, or just a very, very subtle change as makes no difference that it's shiny.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:18 pm

here have a bunch o' shinies

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 20 1185265_162441633947855_1547225287_n

shiny skrelp actually looks really cool

and im half-disappointed with shiny chespin though its kinda blue in a way so not THAT disappointed, THERE'S STILL HOPE
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Shiny Sylveon is STARING INTO MY SOUL
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:36 pm

Chespin looks less like the colour blue, and more like a blue filter placed over it. They should have made the conker bit brown. See, this is what I mean by some shinies not making sense. Why make a chestnut pokemon look blue? It's literally just a different colour, nothing themeatically appropriate that makes it more "fun".

Sylveon benig blue works because pink and blue ribbons are pretty popular as far as I know, therefore it's fitting and appropriate.
By the same token, while shiny Skrelp looks cool and I'm actually okay with that colour based on appearences, it would have made sense for him to be green, to imitate living seaweed.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:20 pm

Almost all of those look like blue filters. I do like the shiny Froakie though. A green frog? Hells yeah!
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:22 pm

Yeah, I'm sorry, but the shiny Chespin just looks like someone took a picture of a normal Chespin with a crappy camera that screwed up the colors somewhat.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next