Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 21 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:25 pm

specifically, the images with the shiny chespin look blue shifted. look at the grass and the sky is almost purple and the dirt isn't brown. Look at the difference in the grass color between the chespin image and the sylveon image.

actually the more i look, the more i believe that they're all shiny EXCEPT for chespin.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 21 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:27 pm

IMO, froakie and chespin both look like they just had filters placed over them

froakie got a green filter over the entire screen, and chespin a blue one

also blue chespin makes sense cause sonic duuuuh mspa
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:10 pm

i aplied a yellow filter to the chespin images
Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 21 SSyJs5l
fakey fakeness times fake to the fake
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Spark Eletran wrote:IMO, froakie and chespin both look like they just had filters placed over them

froakie got a green filter over the entire screen, and chespin a blue one

also blue chespin makes sense cause sonic duuuuh mspa
Yeah I agree with this

Except for that last part
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:47 pm

kotakun proved that the chespin is fake. Want to try to prove any of the other ones fake?
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Froakie's the next-most likely one to be fake, although it looks pretty real to me. I can't tell what the difference for Flabébé is, though. Do we have a better picture?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:14 pm

I honestly hope a shiny froakie will be bright green like that.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:19 pm

I mean, I like it too, but you have to admit that it's relatively close to Froakie's normal shade of blue, and therefore more likely to be fake than, for example, Fennekin. Speaking of which, I probably would have preferred shiny Fennekin to reverse its normal color scheme (red-orange body with pale yellow ear tufts) or something else a little more coherent than blueberry Starburst body with red-orange ear tufts. I just don't think the colors work that well together.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Hanky Panky wrote:kotakun proved that the chespin is fake. Want to try to prove any of the other ones fake?
that froakie is also fake
Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 21 WdPOdnZ
however this froakie that i found elsewhere is not obviously fake
Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 21 KtuPgMD
im still not sure if thats the real shiny but the first image has another fake fake one
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:33 pm

That green looks good. I hope it's a legit shiny.

I've meditated on megavolutions for a good bit. You know, what if they're basically Limit Break versions of pokemon? Like Trance from Final Fantasy IX or Overdrive from X, etc.?

Maybe the mega stone has to be held and has to charge up during battles and then you can use it for the entirety of one battle, then it has to charge again?

That would make it more fun. And I would be more willing to accept it that way.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:04 am

So Serebii has collected some new info about Pokémon Amie's effects from the recent demos, which you can see here. Even from what little we know, there's definitely incentive to use Pokémon Amie. Also, one of the stats used is a Happiness stat, and I wonder if it's the same one used for Return/Frustration, etc. If so, we'll finally have an easy way to measure it (and Frustration will be even more useless, because you're going to want to use Pokémon Amie).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:11 pm

I wonder if there will be a method of torturing your Pokemon to lower its friendliness? That would be hilarious.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Haha yes it would be. Can you imagine if that had been implemented in gen 1? That would have been the origin of SO many comic jokes.

Also, I was thinking (no surprise there) about Mega evolutions and metagames and power levels (...) and that, and I was wondering: accepting that there will be a power creep this gen and the OU metagame is a fiercer version of last gens, what kind of crazy megaevolutions have you guys been thinking of that might end up shaping the entire metagame or being outright broken? Inb4 wonder guard megaSableye.

Spoiler:
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:13 pm

You know how pretty much all the Gen IV evolutions of previous Pokemon looked incredibly badass?

I want megavolutions of ALL OF THEM.

Especially MegaMamoswine.

Also MegaMetagross because that name is hilarious.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:17 pm

d_what wrote:Inb4 wonder guard megaSableye.
Yeah, that's definitely not happening. There's a difference between hugely overpowered and nigh-invincible. The Mega forms we've seen are the former at worst. Wonder Guard Sableye would be the latter (assuming Fairy-type doesn't screw up Dark/Ghost's lack of weaknesses, but even then, a Pokémon that can only be beaten by attacks of a single type would be almost as bad).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Drega, MegaMetagross's got nothing on MegaMeganium

or megayanmega / megamegayanma (japanese)

and yeah, MegaSableye with Wonder Guard I just nope
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:19 pm

i would cry with happiness for megafarfetch'd
and megagirafrig
also megaseviper would be amazing.
actually no just give the latter two real evolutions...

there's actually a number of ways to get around wonder guard sableye...
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Given the fact that Majin from the Pokestar studios is a Ghost/Dark type with wonder guard...

One way is a Pokemon with fighting type attacks and Mold Breaker, like Haxorus with Brick Break

Another is using Soak or Oder Sleuth
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:46 pm

what about megamagikarp that has to be the worst mega pokemon to ever face
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:50 pm

OverlordJ wrote:Given the fact that Majin from the Pokestar studios is a Ghost/Dark type with wonder guard...

One way is a Pokemon with fighting type attacks and Mold Breaker, like Haxorus with Brick Break

The difference is, Majin was explicitly designed to be a game-breaker, and more importantly, the player is never supposed to be able to use Majin in fights, so Majin can be obscenely powerful without utterly shattering any semblance of game balance. While the Megas are admittedly stronger than most other Pokémon (as far as we can tell), they're only going to shake the metagame up a little, not utterly annihilate it.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:19 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:
OverlordJ wrote:
NinteNerd wrote:there's actually a number of ways to get around wonder guard sableye...
Given the fact that Majin from the Pokestar studios is a Ghost/Dark type with wonder guard...

The difference is, Majin was explicitly designed to be a game-breaker, and more importantly, the player is never supposed to be able to use Majin in fights, so Majin can be obscenely powerful without utterly shattering any semblance of game balance. While the Megas are admittedly stronger than most other Pokémon (as far as we can tell), they're only going to shake the metagame up a little, not utterly annihilate it.
Would it have been clearer if I had included that quote?

I was counting down the "number of ways", my intent was not to say that it would be a good idea.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:14 pm

mega-magikarp; splash is supereffective ohko on EVERYTHING.

he finally has his revenge
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:42 am

i'm not saying that a wonder guard sableye wouldn't be obscenely broken, i'm saying it's not completely invincible.
ANYWAY.
FOUND THIS.

PRETTY COOL, YEAH.
of course it would be in german, so the guy who doesn't care about it is the only one that can understand it >:U

THINGS TO NOTE
>you will apparently have at least two rivals, seeing as one of your friends has the starter you're strong against.
>mega-evolving does indeed take a turn to happen, and can apparently be selected at will like a move, judging by all the clicking going on on the bottom screen.
>i know this was already said, but more pokemon than gogoat can be ridden.
>fennekin's ear fur gets adorably spiky when it's angry. yes this is an important thing you should note.
>THE PROFESSOR GIVES YOU A FREAKING LEVEL 100 MEWTWO TO PRACTICE BATTLE WITH AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME WHAT A TEASE

obviously all my observations are pretty superficial. i'd like to hear what you guys get out of it.
game's looking nice so far! smooth animations, simplistic yet pleasing graphic style, tunes that stick with the general sound of pokemon. i'm excited.

Last edited by NinteNerd on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:46 am

At 1:50, was that Fennekin using Psybeam? If so, looks like we're getting a Fire/Psychic starter.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:55 am

you can't assume it'll be psychic just because it learns one psychic move early on. i mean, look at the totodile line. it learns only two water moves, water gun at 6, and aqua tail at 63. it learns Bite at 13, but that didn't make it a water/dark.

pointless rant aside, i think it was confirmed awhile back that fennekin was fire/psychic?
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next