Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

+17
tinning3
ilikeoctopus
Dregadude
Xaber
Druplesnubb
willPowered
muffinz
Spark Eletran
d_what
phantasmalDexterity
OverlordJ
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
variegatedDreamraptor
NinteNerd
cephalopodAscendant
Hanky Panky
21 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 23 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:21 pm

WOO YEAH! *high-fiiiive*

I've started to arrange my team around Malamar. Its typing has decided the starter I'm using...
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 23 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by Dregadude Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:30 am

Still planning to wing it based solely on Pokemon design, with my only-one-of-each-type subrule. Should be good!
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:32 am

Malamar stats:
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:42 am

Xaber wrote:
Malamar stats:
Spoiler:
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:10 am

Xaber wrote:
Malamar stats:
Spoiler:
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:24 am

Don't worry Muff. MOST of this gen's new Pokemon have at at spreads like that. getting Superpower is.pretty awesome.
Mechanics spoiler, probably pointless
Spoiler:

They're obviously boosting defensive play this gen guys. Excepting megas, every second leak has confirmed this. It's actually really a relief, it was becoming a hyper hyper offense game. Though no defensive weather teams because of the turn limit, not without the actual moves.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:34 am

d_what wrote:Don't worry Muff. MOST of this gen's new Pokemon have at at spreads like that. getting Superpower is.pretty awesome.
wait what? what're you tryin to say here? most of the new pokèmon have at at spreads??? huh???

Mechanics spoiler, probably pointless
Spoiler:
mannn some of the things you said intrigue me but they're so VAGUE aghhh
Spoiler:
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:51 am

That's probably the best news I've heard so far D_What. Up till now, I discounted all the more elaborate strategies as pointless if they required setup, because in two turns most Pokemon would be dead. Maybe it's finally time for me to start playing competitively.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:52 am

muffinz wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:39 am

d_what wrote:No takers on shadow tag then? OJ, you like Gengar, how do you feel about a Pokémon with an excellent movepool, base 130 speed, base 160+ sp.atk and lots of resistances getting Shadow Tag?

Yes I said those stats, yes I am not joking.
That thing will wreck shit in Ubers.
I love these stats but while I am well aware that Shadow Tag is both fitting and insreadibly powerful, I'd really have prefereed it to keep Levitate. I'm just weird like that I guess...

d_what wrote:I for one quake in fear of our new Overlord related Overlord
Hehe, I hope some of you are gonna call one of your Gengars Cyano~

(Also, I added that to my signature)

About Malamar:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:45 am

Sorry brah, if I do train one (likely. Loved mine in 4th and nearly did it in 5th) then I'm calling it Chess.  And it won't be a mega, ironically, except MAYBE in Ubers, Gengar's mega will not get used whatsoever. Sucks to be it I suppose. But that'd okay because possibly Regular Gengar got the most (currently known) meta boosts this gen besides Heatran and Azumarill.

Also that fairy move is Rough Play and is 90/90 with a chance to lower attack. Mawile gets it. Yay :|yeah I'm getting these from the smogon threads; spoiler, data collection and OU metagame looking-ahead thread. Gotta be on the look out for sudden plot or image spoilers though. All I want is thr mechanics!

Anyway Muff sorry for the typo: a lot of Pokemon are getting meh stats this gen. I am okay with this. More fun for the lower tiers! And OJ, Superpower is basically a no drawbacks powerful fighting move followed by a Bulk Up. Good, but not excellent coverage and totally fairy bait, also it doesn't have the stats to make proper use of it. In the lower tiers it'll be really cool though.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:28 am

How is a 120 power, 100 accuracy move that boosts physical attack and defense not totally awesome on a physical focused Pokemon? I mean, yeah, no stab and not good against the new fairy type but Malamar wasn't going to be good against them anyways, it is a Dark type. Plus there's a fair chance that a Squid might get a decent Poison move.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:54 am

OverlordJ wrote:How is a 120 power, 100 accuracy move that boosts physical attack and defense not totally awesome on a physical focused Pokemon?
When the Pokemon is Spinda? mspa
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:39 am

Spinda ain't physical focused. Heck, how could anything be less focused then Spinda?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:53 am

Hahahaha excellent rebuttal there OJ!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:39 am

Breaking news: all sixth gen pokemon have been officially revealed by serebii. There currently are no pictures for Yveltal, Frogadier, two forms of Pumpkaboo, and three forms of Gourgeist, but other than that, everything is out there.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:49 am

Could you maybe post a link, I have trouble finding it...

EDIT:

I did see the card of the region though. It seems a bit... non-linear?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:02 pm

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml
Listen now to the musical doodle
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:08 pm

And that's... it? There is really nothing else?

I am pretty disapointed in this gens Pokemon...

But I guess I better get to work now, after all, I said once we got the full dex I'd go and make a revisited form of it.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:39 pm

What I want to know is why their image of Vivillon has green wings instead of magenta.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:46 pm

Vivillon come in several different patterns. There's one that is polar, Ice-themed, that one is Grass or Ground themed. It's just aesthetic though.

New type of battle:

New item:

Another new item:

Yet another new item:

Really cool item:

Weird thing revealed about Xerneas:

Really unimportant thing:

Weird thing - legendary related:

New ability:

Another new ability:
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:56 pm

*VERSION EXCLUSIVES MASTERPOST*
This will be updated whenever a new thing becomes version exclusive!!
THERE ARE NO SPOILER TAGS HERE, ALL THIS INFO IS OUT IN THE OPEN

Exclusive to X
Mega Charizard X
Staryu line
Pinsir
Mega Mewtwo X
Houndour line
Poochyena line
Aron line
Sawk
Swirlix line
Clauncher line
Xerneas

Exclusive to Y
Mega Charizard Y
Shellder line
Mega Mewtwo Y
Heracross
Larvitar line
Electrike line
Purrloin line
Throh
Spritzee line
Skrelp line
Yveltal

Note that Charizardnites X/Y and Mewtwonites X/Y can be traded from game to game.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Xaber wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

time for some more version exclusives
check dis out yo
a buncha version exclusives:

edit: oh come on!!! did you really have to ninja me with the same thing but better???
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:25 pm

You know, I'm really not that impressed by either version's exclusives. It's interesting that X gets both Houndour and Poochyena, though. To be honest, most of these are Pokémon I could transfer up from Black 2, and the rest I can just trade for pretty easily.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Guys.
Guys.
GuysGuysGuysGuysGuysGuysGuysGuysGuysGuys
Guys.
Something old.
Something new.
Something prematurely delivered.
Something Blue.
It's here. I'm so excited. I'm actually legit trembling of excitement.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next