Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

+7
Xaber
OverlordJ
Captain
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
Spark Eletran
d_what
11 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 5 Empty Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by muffinz Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:24 pm

[post deleted fuck you]

Last edited by muffinz on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 5 Empty Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by Xaber Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:33 pm

what's the funniest thing that's ever happened to you that you've never told anybody about?
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:39 pm

[post deleted, sorry]

muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:52 pm

if u were to create a new pokémon type, what would it be? you HAVE to create one by the way. for every second you don't do it, a kitten dies. save the kittens
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:37 pm

who's your celebrity crush?
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:54 am

[post deleted sorry]

muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:15 am

wow, i'm not asking the right questions here, huh. hm.

what's your favourite bug? (a real bug, not a pokemon)
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:04 am

[post deleted sorry]

muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:04 pm

Since you know so much about insects, do Drider count as Arachnids? (They are Dark Elf Spider combinations similar to Centaurs, which means they have ten limbs)

Do grubs count as insects? I mean, they gotta, right? Even though they are all squishy. Hey, what is the outside of a grub made of anyways?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:27 pm

Gonna pop the queue when I wake up in the morning! Please fill time with questions in the meantime. My last one:

Based purely on intial reactions, Muffinz: Are you on #TeamSun or #TeamMoon?
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:53 pm

[post deleted sorry]

Last edited by muffinz on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:01 pm

[post deleted sorry]

muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:20 pm

alright, my final, important and dramatic question is....

THE FINAL QUESTION:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:45 pm

[post deleted sorry]

muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:40 pm

Driders are from DnD, they are called that because they are Drow Spiders, Drow is the DnD term for Dark Elf.

I was mainly wondering about Grubs because I was confused because all insects have a chitinous exoskeletons, I think, while Grubs are squishy.

Question: Do you like or dislike it when I ask you about your opinion on fantasy bug people?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:26 am

[post deleted sorry]

muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:45 am

well, no

once real bug people come to earth in 2020 you'll be associated with those too
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:58 am

Nonsense, you'll also be associated with muffins, obviously.

That reminds me, what's your opinion on these?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:25 am

Could I get added to the AMA queue please, much obliged.

EDIT- before your turn is up, I should ask a question. what is the most obscure vidya game you've played Question
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:21 am

Queue popped! Muffinz, please respond to Tinning's question whenever you want to! Captain, you're up now!

Some Qaptain Cuestions:

You mentioned once you were a lifeguard! What's that like? How'd you get into it? Are you still doing it? Do you have to be able to swim or is a good strong shouty voice enough to get you the job? (suddenly: HS AU where Karkat applies as head of lifeguards but is deathly afraid of water) Is it purely a stereotype (presumably imported from the likes of Home & Away, my sister still loves that show, gee I wonder why) that lifeguards are really buff? Do you get used to the smell of chlorine/rotting seaweed after a while?

Who is the sexiest quarantine user that isn't someone these other bozos have already mentioned?? Related to the question above re buffness: Is it you? You're gonna say it's you aren't you. Goddamn.

Do you ever feel like  you should change your first name so it has a better and cooler and basically entirely superior spelling????????????
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:33 am

Oh god it's my turn wowie. I'll answer your questions first, D. Could someone please collate all the generic questions into one post? It would be handy Wink

Lifeguarding qs: I am indeed still lifeguarding! I only do it doing the summers when I'm on holiday, but yup. I got into it because my mother was pestering me to get a job and she signed me up to do a lifeguarding course, and because I've always enjoyed and been decent at swimming. You have to pass the course, which is a solid week of theory on lifesaving techniches and rescuing people from the water. A tiring week, but an enjoyable one. The test involves a theory of answering questions, doing practice first aid including CPR on dummies, and of course the practical, where you get tested on your ability to do certain types of rescue from the water, including a timed swim element where you have a partner and have to swim to them and then pull them all the way back under a certain time limit. So yeah, you deifnitely need to be able to swim to be a lifeguard, at the very least to get the qualification. As for being super buff, that's entirely a stereotype. You have to be fit enough to do rescues, sure, but besides that the vast majority of lifeguards I've worked with or met are not partiuclarly muscled. As for what it's like, it's a handy handy way to make money, that's mostly why I do it.

As a job it's mostly kinda dull, honestly. At my pool if you work full time as I did last summer you will work several days of early shifts (starting at 6:30am and finishing just after lunchtime), followed by a couple days off, followed by a series of late shifts (starting around lunchtime and finishing at 8:30pm). It's usually an 8 hour day, so your usual working day, but waking up that early is rough, or at least it is for me, because I'm practically a night owl. The late shifts are much busier, but I prefer them for the time-I-wake-up reason.

As for what you do on the job, you will basically rotate on poolside with whichever other lifeguards are on shift with you. This is because technically, we are legally only allowed to watch a pool for an hour and a half max. Being on poolside pretty much just involves sitting in a chair and watching the pool, that's it. You will occasionally shout at a couple of rowdy kids breaking pool rules (or parents for that matter - madam you need to be watching you 3 year old daughter whilst she's in the pool, not watching her from the side, i can't watch her and the other twenty 3 year olds), but mostly it's very quiet, and kinda boring, especially on the early shifts, because it's just the regular members doing lengths. Combine that with waking up so early and you've got my biggest challenge as a lifeguard; staying awake. We are definitely not allowed to fall asleep or else if someone drowns we probably get jailed. We also definitely aren't allowed any phones or music or whatever because that's also not paying attention. On busier days, the job is both easier and harder. Easier because you will absolutely not fall asleep. Harder because there are much more lifeguards on poolside, because there are much more people in the water, which is more people to have to watch and tell off. And the afternoon shifts are when it's busiest. SO all in all very tiring job on poolside. Luckily we rotate amongst ourselves fairly regularly. Usually it's half an hour each on poolside between two people, half an hour off, but the busier it gets the faster we rotate and the shorter break you get. When you are off poolside you are meant to be cleaning and helping out customers; keeping the pool and the toilets etc clean and tidy is our job, although we do have a cleaner who cleans in the mornings at our pool. Still; it's an outdoor pool, so the floors in the toilets get mucky very fast, and we're the ones who have to clean up. Cleaning the changing rooms and picking litter up (theres a lovely big grassy area on site, so people like to come along for the day and chill on the grass and swim a bit, which is wonderful for them, but not so much for us who have to clean up after them) as well as changing bins is pretty much what we do. On busier days I pretty much only get to sit down when I'm in a chair on poolside (not all poolside positions have a chair either, some of them are standing up) and even them I'm meant to be focusing, so I can't exactly rest. Luckily most days aren't that busy, and a lot of my job is spent in reception or the staff room chilling, because we don't have any jobs to do. So yeah. I do enjoy it but it's a mixed bag. And oh yeah, we definitely do get used to chlorine after a while.

Who is the sexiest quarantine user? I wouldn't know about sexiness, I also happen to be pretty asexual, but I guess as you gave me an open goal; ya its me im basically adonis. if adonis was awkward and a bit chubby, and not particularly attractive, that is.

Do you ever feel like you should change your first name so it has a better and cooler and basically entirely superior spelling? ngl your spelling is pretty fun. mine is just kinda boring honestly? idk i do kinda like my spelling tho. phonetically makes much more sense Razz
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:57 am

Captain wrote: idk i do kinda like my spelling tho. phonetically makes much more sense Razz

That... would not be difficult. Stupid vowels!

I've edited the generics into a single lump under a spoiler tag in the OP. Have at thee!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:13 am

Ok, here goes.

1: What does an average day in your life look like?
I don't really HAVE an "average" day? Idk. Actually most of my days are spent at home so....
- Wake up sometime between 10am and 3pm
- If I have any facebook messages and emails, check em. If anything important, answer.
- Check All News sites; Serebii first, NintendoLife second, MSPAF and Quarantine third.
- Maybe play some Pokémon shuffle if I feel like it.
- Get dressed.
- Eat launch (lunch kinda IS my breakfast)
- Browse internet some more (usually tumblr happens around this time). Occasionally I might wanna play a game or watch a cartoon/anime, so I'll also do that. Atm it's ORAS (competitive living dex breeding), Splatoon, Pokken or Pokémon Showdown. Show-wise, I'm kinda between shows atm but RWBY will be the next thing I watch.
- Watch my youtube vids that I'm subbed to and that I feel like watching. Usually this is Game Grumps x2, Steamcade x1 and Commander Holly x1, but depending on the day there might be a MunchingOrange episode to watch, or other stuff.
- Eat dinner
- Keep browsing until it's like 3 or 4am
- Sleep.

I really need to get a better pattern :/

2: Describe one of your friends, or your social group!
About my height, but much skinnier. He has dark brown, curly hair that atm is tied in a man bun (he's a trendy guy so he tends to follow whatevers fashionable). Looks like he has southern european in his blood, and does; his family is italian/irish, although he's lived in Yorkshire a long time. He's a lot cooler than I am, and is currently on a year abroad in Japan.

3: Explain how you got your username!
I used to go by the name Proby3, which was an adapted version of my runescape account, which I believe was the first thing I ever had a username for. That name is fairly close to my last name. However I eventually realised how awful a name it was so decided to change. And I thought for a while and one day Captain Falcon came into my head. I have no idea why, because I've never been an F-Zero fan, and I've never really been anywhere near Captain Falcon in Smash (until recently). Maybe I'd been playing against one in Smash that day? Idk. Either way, I basically did a mental equation that was like Combuksen = Falcon, sorta, and so Captain Combusken became my username. Since then I've shortened it to Captain of course, and even just Cap (I'm partial to the occasional "Cappy" as well) because that's all the skype chat would refer to me as so why not lol.

4. What are your top ten favourite Pokémon? There does not need to be an order.
1. Combusken/Mienfoo (a tie atm. Can't decide which is better.)
3. Frogadier
4. Pachirisu
5. Greninja
6. Dewott
7. Lilligant/Whimsicott
9. Infernape
10. Donphan (i rly like quadropedal armoured stuff as well tbh, Rhyhorn and Lairon are great designs imo)

5. What is the meaning of life, in your opinion?

6. What is is your favourite animal?
Probably Otters! I'm a massive fan of all mustelids though, with Pine Martens being very high on the list. I also used to and still adore Squirrels, even if mustelids have overtaken them. So Mustelids and Rodents, basically. I seem to like designing reptilian stuff as well, so probably those a bit? I kinda just love animals in general though tbh.

7. You are stuck on a desert island with the person you despise the most in the world. You will absolutely never like them, there is zero chance that you ever will. Being around them makes you both miserable and filled with rage. There is no hope of ever being discovered and there is a 100% certainty that you will both be here for the rest of your lives. You are able to survive on this island just fine. You have been given a gun with a single bullet. The most hated person does not know about it, and you can somehow keep it a secret from them. Do you kill them, kill yourself, or live with this person? Follow up question: As soon as one of your is dead, the other gets to return to their life. Has your answer changed?
Kill myself in both scenarios. I could never deliberately take the life oh another being. It's one of the reasons I'm a vegetarian.

8. Do you live in an urban environment or a rural environment? Which would you rather live in?
I currently live Urban (kinda more suburban but we don't have that as much in england?) but I would prefer to live rural by far. As long as there was internet Razz

9. Earth, Wind, Water or Fire? Combinations are not allowed, as are the answers "neither" or "all", or anything to that effect ;D
Wind > Fire > Water > Earth. So Wind.

10. What is your favourite word?
Whimsical. It's really fun and nice to say, and it's autological to boot!

11. If you were to be given a Pokèmon type, what would it be? You can select a single type or a dual-type. This is not a "what's your favorite" question, but rather a "what represents you the best" question. Try to take your personality traits and interests into consideration!
Flying/Fighting, probably. I'm very much a free spirit, but I also have a strong sense of what is right. I'm not Angry ENOUGH to be fire, and not calm enough to be Water, which would've been my other potential choices.

12. Out of all the currently unused type combinations, what are the Top Three that you most want to see on a gen 7 Pokèmon? Note: for the purposes of this question, you can choose to answer with NFE-exclusive types (like Bug/Water) or legendary-exclusive types (like pure Flying).
Fire/Electric (that isn't Rotom Heat). Who cares about ground weakness when you have a really good offensive type? Just please make it a fast sweeper type and don't try to make it defensive.
Ground/Fighting. I actually want this to not be TOO good. Type alone makes it pretty scary. Not Ground/Fairy levels of scary (Ground/Fairy is another perfect neutral btw or Ice/Electric) but scary.
Ice/Fighting or Electric/Fighting.

13. You have the opportunity to briefly go back in time and talk to your past self from five years ago. You can choose any number of things to tell them, but you should probably try to avoid changing the future too severely. What will you tell your past self about?
I'll probably pretend to not be myself tbh. I don't like the idea of warning or changing anything about my life; everything has lead me to my current point, for better or for worse. So pretend not to be myself and tell myself about some event that happens around now. I'd probably forget about it anyway.

14. This is a pretty cliche one, but what would you do if you received three wishes from some sort of genie-like figure? Let's assume you can't wish for additional wishes and can't wish to become omniscient or omnipotent.
1. Ability to 100% safely teleport to anywhere whenever I want. I actually would be fine and would kinda prefer if it like drained some energy from me as a result. But it could like never kill me or anything.
2. Give myself £1 Million, but only in about 20-30 years time.
3. "Cure" whatever mental shit I've got going on that prevents me from making shit.

15. If you could choose to permanently live in any fictional setting or world different from our own, where would you go? No matter where you choose to go, you remain an ordinary human, and all you can take with you is whatever you're wearing at the time, plus whatever items you're usually always carrying (phone? wallet?)
It's got to be Pokémon.

16. At what point did you catch up with homestuck?
My first non archival update was the very first flash of Act 6. The one that zooms in on Jane gazing into the sky.

17. Is there anything you want to tell us about yourself that you've never really gone into or just haven't found the right opportunity to yet? Take your time on this one!
I guess my asexuality and/or my suspected depression? I've already said about them but yeah.

Specifically on asexuality I'm like SOMEWHERE on the ace spectrum. I'd have sex with someone, but only if I was really in love with them and they wanted to, and/or for making kids when we both wanted 'em. I wouldn't ever feel sexual attraction for someone though, so I don't think that would be classed as demisexuality? So atm I'm going with "50-100% ace". Unlike a lot of aces, apparently, I'm actually not aromantic as well. I'm definitely able to feel romantic attraction. And that's heteroromantic, so I'm into gals. But yeh. Sexuality is a weeeeeeiiiiiird thing.

And depression uh. Don't rly wanna talk about it much, but I've been suspecting that something's not right with my head for some time now. I feel fairly emotionless a lot of the time, I rarely have a lot of mental or emotional energy, and I REALLY struggle to start anything, and when I do, I like never finish them except if I HAVE to, like a university project or sth. I'vbe also been having some mild insomnia for a while now, which I think is another symptom, as is overeating, which I kinda do anyway so idk. But yeah. I probably need to go see a doctor, but something is stopping me, and idk what it is.

Don't want sympathy btw, it's not helpful. As I said, don't rly wanna talk about it much either. But ye.

18. Why haven't u played pokemon TCG yet I mean c'mon it is a major part of the franchise u faker u
I have yo. It's aight. I have yet to properly play it on an actual competitive level, but I have fun deckbuilding occasionally with the cards I have. I don't think I'll ever be a proper player of the game but I do like it, and at the very least, the art on the cards is really nice a lot of the time.

19. Could you tell us what your favourite story is, and why? Can be in any medium you like.
There are so many I love for a variety of reasons. I'm a story glutton, I love them a lot. But I'll pick three.

PMD:EOT/D/S: I adore Pokémon, so a detailed plot featuring them, where I am one? Heck yeah! The characters in EOS are really well done, and the plot's pacing is pretty much perfect. I still maintain that PMD:EOS is my favourite game of all time to this day (PSMD is great but not as great), and the reason is the story!

Homestuck: I'm sure everyone has their own reasons for loving Homestuck but for me it's very much the characters. They are so well written, and that mix with just about the perfect style of humour makes Homestuck extremely enjoyable. The plot itself is brilliant too, with twists and surprises at every turn. Hussie really knows how to write.

Redwall: Ever since I was young I have adored the Redwall books. Seeing as they're a little less known, Redwall is basically set in a world where there are not humans, and instant, animals have sentience and can speak to one another. The stories are set on what must be the British mainland due to which animals appear in them, but they revolve around the woodland creastured who live inside Redwall Abbey, a peaceful abbey. Occasionally the stories center around Salamandastron, a big mountain that I believe is a dormant Volcano, which is this military barracks place where a single Badger Lord commands a legion of Hares called the Long Patrol. A couple of further stories take place in completely different locations but these focus on the origin story of the founder of Redwall Abbey, Martin the Warrior, a famous Mouse Warrior. It's a very medieval fantasy world (no magic or anything though), and that's why I love it. Medieval Fantasy but with Animals ticks off so many boxes of the things I love, and the stories are really well written and entertaining as well. There's often a riddle of some sort that the main characters have to solve, so there's a fun mystery element as well.

i'm actually planning on making a redwall rpg but as i mentioned i really struggle to get projects moving so idk if itll happen
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:10 pm

[post deleted. die]

muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:54 pm

Do you outright dislike Blaziken on a design level or is it just not as good as Combusken?
It's just not as good as Combusken tbh. I used to prefer Blaziken actually. Then I started to get sick of its dumb stupid hair which looks awful. If it weren't for that it might still be my favourite! But alas. Mega Blaziken is slightly better but still looks bad btw.

How was Sburbmon doing before the forums broke? I hadn't checked up on it in a while thanks to being super burned-out on it.
We'd gotten up to the patch for Vermillion and the area around. I was still (and still have to when I can be bothered) doing movesets, twix was doing some coding type stuff, and we had a few other peeps helping out. Dex descriptions were 100% done I think. I also made a new version of that masterlist of things we've discussed already, and things we still need to. But we actually seem to be on another massive hiatus from the project as a whole. Another dry spell. Kinda a bummer but that's just how it is.

What's one Pokémon in particular that you'd really, really love to see an evolution or mega evolution for?
Oh man so many good choices. I've always wanted to see a Tropius evolution (and prevo, ie Roselia style), so that'd be nice. Mega Hitmons would be rly good (I've got nice ideas for Fighting/Ghost offensive Hitmonlee and Fighting/Steel defensive Hitmonchan). But honestly my biggest wish is for Mega Breloom. I just really like that Kangaroo Shroom. Oh shit I just remembered; Pachirisu evolution. I REALLY want that.

Pick a few random fictional characters you really like (that we here might recognize) and give Pokémon types to them. Same type logic you used for Sburbmon types is in effect.
Well obviously I'm not gonna do Homestuck chars buuuuuut.
Steven Universe:
Steven: Normal/Rock
Rose Quartz: Grass/Rock
Garnet: Fighting/Rock
Amethyst: Poison/Rock
Pearl: Flying/Rock, or Flying/Ice.
Connie: Normal/Fighting

Callie (Splatoon): Water/Bug
Marie (Splatoon): Water/Poison

Sonic the Hedgehog: Electric/Ice (Pretty much my main reasoning is "way past cool" for Ice lol.)
Tails: Steel/Flying
Knuckles: Fire/Fighting
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next