Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 33 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by Dregadude Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:06 pm

So now Pokemon is being influenced by Digimon and DBZ?

it's still not too late to jump out of the fandom guys, nobody will blame you
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 33 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:11 pm

You're only saying that so you can have a bigger share of the fandom.

Whatever that means.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Heh, I like the Cooler thing. Not because of the design or anything but it allows me to say that Mewtwo X is cooler. And noone can argue with it Laughing 
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:19 pm

I think almost everyone likes Mewtwo X over Mewtwo Y. I wonder what Ability Mewtwo X will have...
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:37 pm

I must admit, I realized that, IF I should ever play a 6th gen game, Mewtwo will not matter to my decision. I love Mewtwo in its normal form and, to be honest, I probably wouldn't use it on my team anyways, so it's Megaevolved form doesn't really matter to me.

Add to that the fact you can only have one Megaevolved Pokemon on your Team and there is pretty much no chance that I'd ever Megaevolve Mewtwo, even if I were to play a gen 6 game.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:39 pm

It'll be delivered posthumously.

Spoiler:
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Don't you mean posthumorously????
eh?
Eh???
No. Bad me. That didn't even make sense. And wasn't funny. Get out me.

Also, have you talked about this?
Amusing.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:48 pm

d_what wrote:It'll be delivered posthumously.

Spoiler:
I don't get it...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:53 pm

He was talking to me.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:58 pm

phantasmalDexterity wrote:He was talking to me.
That doesn't change the fact that I don't get it...

Oh, cool video by the way
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:02 pm

d_what wrote:This seems like the appropriate moment to find weird looking animal images in an attempt to make pD eat his words, guys!! Have at thee!

I'd do it myself but I'm tired and the first person to repost that sea slug thing gets such a kicking
phantasmalDexterity wrote:Was hoping for it.

Spoiler:
d_what wrote:It'll be delivered posthumously.

Spoiler:
Bam.

oh nooooo
crossposting made me confuzzled
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:03 pm

OH! Okay, that makes sense then, thanks pD
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:20 pm

So I guess the stinger-shaped bit of fluff on the end of Litleo's tail was a total red herring that didn't actually mean anything. Well dang. That's kinda disappointing.

I mean, I wasn't planning on using one anyway, and Pyroark's design is neat and all, but it still feels like kind of a wasted opportunity. Well, maybe it can at least get a megalution or something. ...Actually, its tail looks nothing like that stinger shape anymore, so I doubt it. Oh well.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:25 pm

muffinz wrote:So I guess the stinger-shaped bit of fluff on the end of Litleo's tail was a total red herring that didn't actually mean anything. Well dang. That's kinda disappointing.

I mean, I wasn't planning on using one anyway, and Pyroark's design is neat and all, but it still feels like kind of a wasted opportunity. Well, maybe it can at least get a megalution or something. ...Actually, its tail looks nothing like that stinger shape anymore, so I doubt it. Oh well.
I agree, I was totally pumped for a Manticore Pokemon, what a waste.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:33 pm

"pyroark" sounds a lot like "pyroak" which is a smogon CAP pokemon iirc
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:27 pm

Yeah that's what I thought too. But Pyroar is better because there's more overlap between words. Actually it's a great and typical Pokemon name. A millionty-percent better than Talonflame. (Nine...tales? Hmmm.)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:28 pm

*cough*Electrode*cough*
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:29 pm

hey id just like to say i like mewtwo y better thank you all very much

also pyroar is cool and goddamn majestic
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Pyroark isn't bad but it's a whole lot of wasted potential, which is why I don't like it.

And Mewtwo X is cooler and you can't even argue with that

Wink
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Oh nooooo electrode :(Kabuto in Japan must've been just as bad. Go, Helmet! (Inb4 shelmet, which is kind of clever.)

And then ele...ctabuzz.
ele...kid.
ele...ktivire.
ele...ktrike.
(E)ele...ktrik. SadSadSad
(E)ele...ktross. OKAY WE GET IT THANK YOU more names like AMPharos plz

Back in gen 4 I hated the name 'toxicroak' and 'infernape' because they were too basic, but then I realised they were basically par for the course. Better off going multilingual, like Raikou or Flabebe. That way there's significance but it's not too in-your-face. Love 6's starter names though.

Edit: count your blessings OJ. Manticore was always an outlier chance, the likelihood was always Fire/Normal. And anyway, Fire Normal is pretty cool. At least it didn't lose Normal on evolution. P.S the guys at smogon mentioned that females shouldn't have the mane. I hope they're right. Sleek and deadly Pyroars, those I could get behind.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:32 pm

time for some opinioNNs.

chespin2: um?? whoever said "resetti mango" wasn't kidding. it's still a bit endearing, i guess.
fennekin2: haha no. no what even is that. a fox-witch with a fur-skirt? no thanks.
froakie2: YES AND YES AND YES. I HAD A BLIND HOPE THAR GAME FREAK WOULD FINALLY MAKE A FROG THAT WASN'T STUPID AND...
YES.
STAY QUADRUPEDAL IN YOUR THIRD FORM AND I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.

litleo evo: yeah, it's pretty generic. for once i'm agreeing with oj; not inherently bad, just could have been way better.

big fluffy white thing: not only do i love this design, fur coat is an INSANELY op ability. now watch it have completely terrible Defense to make up for it.

sexually dimorphic fluffy things: why is it the male of 'mons like this is cooler? the females are always so uppity looking. the blue one's the male, right? bulbapedia's pics are weird. i'll likely train one if it's better than region's obligatory rodent.

t-rex fossil: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING STRAIGHT OUTTA MY SKETCHBOOK. I'VE WANTED DRAGON/ROCK FOR SO LONG NOW AAAAA....

apata-fossil: a little too cutesy for my liking, but only a little. i think its evo will be just fine, and freeze skin sounds like it'll be a really neat ability....
GUYS
ICE-TYPE RETURN.
BOOSTED. ICE RETURN.

megarchomp: ew. i'd like it ok if it didn't have that weird chin and spike-tuxedo. also its shoulders really irk me. a lot. it doesn't even look that much different, really.

megamewtwotwo: oh god what . that thing is UGLY. what is up with those ripples and horrible legs with stupid frog hand feet?? also its head is even more annoyingly round now.
i'll take the first megamewtwo, thanks. at least the only thing dumb about it is its toes.

the nerfing of steel: what. no! the entire point of steel is that it's stellar defensively but absolutely pathetic on offense. it wasn't really op before, since ice and rck have so many other, more commen weaknesses already. i can understand ghost being 1x, but dark? oh well. at least it resists fairy. of course, it's also SE on fairy whih i guess sorta makes sense? but all in all, i don't like that it's moving away from the point of being strictly defensive.

the buffing of poison: FREAKIN' FINALLY.

fairy: offensively, it is PERFECT, though i myself didn't see a need for dragon to have a third weakness. fire's resistance is kind of random though???
defensively, it is also PERFECT, if a bit OP. i more than welcome a new fighting resistance.
really really liking fairy as a type. too bad most of its pokemon are just lame cutesy pink things.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:42 pm

HELL YEAH hifive ninte mewtwo y ftw

though i do like mewtwo x i just like mewtwo y's sort of sleeker look
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:51 pm

Now, are either of you planning on getting X? Because at the moment I'm kind of leaning towards Y, but I much prefer Mewtwo X. Presumably nothing will stop you from trading Pokémon holding Mega Stones, so we could easily just swap our respective Mewtwonites.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:53 pm

nope, imma gonna get y

yveltal is awesome

though i do like clauncher over skrelp
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:07 pm

I don't mind Pyrope's (mspa) design too much, it reminds me of an updated Mightyena. Maybe it'll learn a bunch of Dark or Fighting moves?
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next