Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 40 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by OverlordJ Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:37 am

I am underwhelmed
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 40 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:43 am

I'm more intrigued by the possibility that capturing a Pokémon gives you EXP just like defeating it. Also, I'm a little surprised that no Kalos Pokémon are getting Mega Evolutions in XY, although that does imply that Game Freak plans to include them in all future games as well. I still think that the Kalos starters at the very least deserve Mega Evolutions.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:53 am

Thanks will for putting them in spoiler tags Smile I checked Serebii and managed to avoid the images! My plan is working! Not gonna work when the starter types or possible future evolutions show up though since those will also be textual. Fossils evolving was a given.

And Freeze Dry sounds pretty damn coo...
Nice?
Dammit
Hope it has decent distribution and base power, Scald last gen was just cruel. Plus those water types need taking down a peg. I hope it's about as common as Scald is actually. (And then a poison move that burns and is SE against... Fighting types? Steel types? Ghost types?? Yes plz!)
Also Tyrantrum for best name.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:16 pm

Wanna talk 'bout them anime, guys?
Spoiler:
I'm excited about Serena, I hope they won't ruin her character as they did Dawn's.
Also, Ash may obtains a Froakie?
Also, Ash seems to soar to new heights. (only to fall down from there)
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:46 pm

So, apparently Bonnie wants to find Clemont a wife

i smell some brock in there

Also, Serena... knows Ash from when they were little? Whaaaaat? And it also confirms that Clemont's gym will be in Lumiose City, I guess? WAIT. If he refuses to battle him originally.... That means we'll have like, Ash actually fighting a friend of his for a badge! That sounds cool. And wow, the animation really seems to have been taken up a notch for this in some parts, it looks a lot more fluid.

ALSO HELL YES TYRANTRUM LOOKS LIKE A BADASS

And ooooh, Freeze Dry sounds interesting. ALSO, CALLING IT RIGHT THE FUCK NOW: It said we won't have Mega Evolutions for Kalos Pokémon in X and Y. Nothing about Z, or X2 and Y2, whatever the fuck we get next. That way, we would have some time to get used to the designs first, and later see how they actually change. And THEN we get Mega Evolutions for the Starters and possibly Xerneas, Yveltal and... Zidhogg? yes zidhogg works as a stock z-legendary name

EDIT: Official Tyrantrum artwork
Spoiler:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:05 pm

I wonder if the ruffley thing around its neck is meant as a nod to how how scientists now believe Dinosaurs have feathers or something?

Also when are we getting Tyrantrum Comics?
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:14 pm

ash gettin froakie is the second time hes had a water starter not be last
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:40 pm

It's at least the third time. He got a Squirtle in Kanto (along with a Bulbasaur and Charmander) and Totodile in Johto (along with Chikorita).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:01 pm

Hey look an article

The thing that REALLY caught my attention though must've been this:

"My time with X and Y, though brief, was enlightening. Yet one question still stuck in my mind. Pokémon generations have always featured naming schemes where the sets of games are “opposite yet complementary” – they are all sets of things, but they could be viewed as opposites to each other: Red, Blue, and Yellow; Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. I had seen X and Y as following this scheme, with X and Y being the female and male chromosomes, respectively. The feminine grace of Xerneas and the fierce, masculine image of Yveltal cemented this association in my mind. But it turned out my assumptions were completely wrong.

“The names of X and Y represent the philosophy we had behind the two games,” explained Yoshida. “We’ve taken the idea of X and Y from the geometric X- and Y-axes. They represent two different ways of thought. At the same time, we want to convey a message encouraging people to find a common ground, where X and Y converge.”

When I explained my theory to Masuda, he seemed bemused. “Xerneas is meant to evoke imagery of eternity, while Yveltal is destruction. Perhaps you could see some ties between feminine and masculine qualities there!”"
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:09 pm

That's a long article.
I probably won't read it, but cool.

cephalopodAscendant wrote:It's at least the third time. He got a Squirtle in Kanto (along with a Bulbasaur and Charmander) and Totodile in Johto (along with Chikorita).
Don't worry, I speak kotakun. Here's the translation:
"Ash gettin froakie is the second time he's had a water starter not be the last, eg caught before the other two. So far:
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
Treecko
Turtwig, Chimchar
Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy"
You're welcome.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Also, since Ash seems like he'll most likely get Froakie (and i dont see him catching all the starters again) I'd imagine this means Chespin will likely go to Serena, since she's like the main rival and stuff in the games at least? Honestly... I'm fine with that. Serena's awesome!
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:32 pm

Or, you know, he could marry Misty and they could have kids and then May will get jealous and marry Drew and they'll have babies who are half roserades and then they die and the baby who is also half time lord is adopted by Ash and Dawn (who is the new master) and then they catch Mewtwo and start a mewthree family and cross over with DBZ and then their parents die because pikachu turns evil only not really and they have to overcome their differences to fight racism, also James gets confirmed for gay and marries Drew and Jesse falls in luv with him and kills herself.

Best story y/n?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:41 pm

man, I wish I could come up with devious strategies like that.

the 3d X/Y axes thing isn't a new line of thought for most people though? I do admit am severely digging the "different viewpoints" and "finding common ground" aspects though.

I am 78% loving the fossil evos.
apaticeourus get docked because it retains the absurdly large eye, on an even smaller head. and the tail's tapering irks me a bit.
tyrantrum has that weird pointless lower jaw beard thing. also, hexagons.
but other than that they're both great and i'll likely train both. though probably not on my in-game team.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:11 pm

phantasmalDexterity wrote:That's a long article.
I probably won't read it, but cool.

cephalopodAscendant wrote:It's at least the third time. He got a Squirtle in Kanto (along with a Bulbasaur and Charmander) and Totodile in Johto (along with Chikorita).
Don't worry, I speak kotakun. Here's the translation:
"Ash gettin froakie is the second time he's had a water starter not be the last, eg caught before the other two. So far:
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
Treecko
Turtwig, Chimchar
Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy"
You're welcome.
thats exactly it
also now with the good froakie evolution he may finally evolve the water starter has he wartortle or croconaw or dewott no so give him fuckin frogadier finally
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:30 pm

kotakun, you need to learn how to say what you actually mean in a way that people besides pD will understand.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:00 am

but word is correct work of me if person one knows saying means what i do

-------

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=54
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40