Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

+17
tinning3
ilikeoctopus
Dregadude
Xaber
Druplesnubb
willPowered
muffinz
Spark Eletran
d_what
phantasmalDexterity
OverlordJ
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
variegatedDreamraptor
NinteNerd
cephalopodAscendant
Hanky Panky
21 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo Empty Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:52 am

yeah, but just because some of us can understand you doesn't mean you have to speak in wtf-ese all the time. You really ought to not rely on someone else to translate for you.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:56 am

The whole point of saying things is to communicate information to other people. If the people with whom you are attempting to communicate can't understand your message, you have failed in your attempt to communicate. It's as simple as that.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by NinteNerd Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:00 am

a little punctuation goes a long way.
that's really all there is to say on the matter.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:03 am

I'm most likely picking the male trainer again so I can call him Tsuneo, unless the game has either a brown explorer hat or fluffy wing-like gloves or both.

Which miiiight maybe happen if they decided to do a Honchkrow-themed outfit for some reason, but otherwise, I dunno.

(...Actually, I really hope the Honchkrow hat does happen, because it's really intuitive and it would be awesome.)

EDIT:

kotakun wrote:but word is correct work of me if person one knows saying means what i do
I... oh god, this is beautiful.

I have nothing else to say other than:

Of circumstances occasionally in a way desired not in a number things turn out
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Location : Guys just so you know I am basically NEVER on here. I only really go on the Skype now.

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:59 am

Hanky Panky wrote:yeah, but just because some of us can understand you doesn't mean you have to speak in wtf-ese all the time. You really ought to not rely on someone else to translate for you.
But wtf-ese is the national language of kotakunia
mspa
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:28 am

cephalopodAscendant wrote:The whole point of saying things is to communicate information to other people. If the people with whom you are attempting to communicate can't understand your message, you have failed in your attempt to communicate. It's as simple as that.
the whole point of saying things is to tell you to shut the fuck up
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:29 am

Well that came out of nowhere.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:01 pm

That was kind of rude...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:34 pm

i'm just going to start posting this whenever someone accuses someone else of being rude.
Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo Tumblr_mpw022yoxR1qfc3imo1_r1_500
squeedgeart <3
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:00 pm

so clemont has a bunnelby in the anime so what does that mean for his type does bunnelby evolve into a robobunny that would be awesome
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:15 pm

They certainly don't play around and start with MegaPokemon right away.

Inb4 tableflip, because Ash loses against Clemont.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:30 pm

Okay so guys Imma gonna ditch this thread until after I've exhausted the interesting spoilers in-game, K? If enough people are interested we could start a spoiler quarantine thread, one where people talk about X and Y, but only via filters and spoiler tags (w/ said tag describing the potential contents, in a spoiler free way of course) up to and during play through time. People who aren't interested are still welcome to drip feed us appropriate news (e.g need-to-know, like if the mega starter-nite is limited in-game to the chosen starter, or if there's a changeable difficulty level, or important version exclusives.) Ta!
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:56 pm

To be honest, at this point I'd say we should just go ahead and start using spoiler tags in this thread. We can even give spoiler tags titles on this forum, unlike the MSPA Forums, so people can pick and choose what they do or don't want to see spoilers for (e.g. plot details, new Pokémon, etc.).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:59 pm

Yeah, there's not much time until the game launches, so we should probably start spoiling stuff.

ALSO, PD, Ash won't even battle Clemont. Apparently Clemont refuses because Ash doesn't have any badges yet, yeah.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Not sure what Clemont's talking about. Ash has 40 badges by this point. Although I'm becoming less and less convinced every day that he deserves any of them.
Spoiler:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:15 pm

okay I like this idea. More spoiler tags! Uhh, when necessary. Otherwise it's too tempting and waters down their efficiency.

So guys, what things do you specifically not want spoiled, in order to enjoy the game more? Mine:

Really really important plot things
All new Pokemon
Evolutions of my probable team, or even if they evolve at all (Flabebe Helioptile Chespin [and by process of elimination, Fennekin and Froakie] Bunnelby and Skrelp)

Things I do want to know:
Anything new and cool e.g EV sports training, region subdivision, wild pokemon being linked to flower colours in tall grass, you know, things that enhance the experience but aren't exciting per say.
Anything related to competitive battles (e.g new formats or moves like Freeze Dry)
General version exclusives, or lack of
Things that I should know about anyway e.g event torchic and bank
Megas I guess? I don't get excited about them so they don't spoil anything.
Awkward evolution methods maybe? Don't want to get caught out!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:23 pm

Things I want to know:

• New Pokémon
  • Version exclusives
  • New attacks and abilities
  • Gym types (and maybe Elite 4)

Things I don't want to know:

• Plot details

Pretty much just that, actually.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Things I don't wanna know:
-PLOOOOT
-gym and elite four types

Things I'm sorta neutral to?:
-Most new Pokémon I'd imagine, don't really wanna see them before playing but if I do eh whatever
-oh and the starter evolutions too, i kinda wanna see them but if i dont eh whatever²

Things I do wanna know:
Dwhat wrote:Anything new and cool e.g EV sports training, region subdivision, wild pokemon being linked to flower colours in tall grass, you know, things that enhance the experience but aren't exciting per say.
Anything related to competitive battles (e.g new formats or moves like Freeze Dry)
General version exclusives, or lack of
Things that I should know about anyway e.g event torchic and bank
Megas I guess? I don't get excited about them so they don't spoil anything.
Awkward evolution methods maybe? Don't want to get caught out!
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Aaagh I just realised I misspelled per se and didn't notice Sad

P.S guys in general who don't have my 3DS friend code by now: wtf is wrong with you I'm a great person to know??? C'mon there's only 4 weeks 'till go-time!

*fistbunps spark*
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Well, I haven't really bothered with 3DS friend codes at all, and my school's wi-fi has really weird security settings that won't let my 3DS on anyways, so it's kind of a moot point (I do have places I can go if I do need to connect to the internet on my 3DS, but it requires some planning).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:04 pm

when in doubt spoiler it theres nothing wrong with too many spoilers
darth vader is lukes father:
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Yeah, "when in doubt spoiler it" sounds about right; if what you're about to say would affect anyone's experience with the game, just put it on into a spoiler. It'd also be nice if we could say what kind of spoiler we're posting, too, so somebody who wants to, for example, read all they can about new pokèmon while avoiding plot spoilers can choose which spoilers to open and which to ignore.

Wait, actually, I've got an idea. How about we keep using this thread exactly the way we have been, for posting any and all news as it's released without worrying about spoilers(it's not like any plot spoilers will get released as news anyway, and anyone who wants to avoid reading about newly-revealed pokèmon would never click on this thread in the first place), but then create a new thread specifically for spoiler-free general X/Y discussion?
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:04 pm

it seems between everyone we ought to just spoiler ALL news. but label what kind of news it is so those who don't care can see things.

basically i don't want to see anything besides new pokemon and new game mechanics.[sky/horde battles, mega-evos, customization, pokemon amie, etc]
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:31 pm

That's kind of what I was trying to suggest, but I guess I didn't communicate it that well (hint hint kotakun). You can give spoiler tags titles, so it'll be pretty easy to hide stuff in a way that's easy for other people to categorize
Not a spoiler:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Yeah. (if anyone doesnt know how to do it just use [spoiler=TITLE] and the normal [ /spoiler]) I think we should continue to use this thread though, makes it easier IMO. And then people who, for example, don't wanna see the new Pokémon can still talk to people who DO about, I don't know, the new game mechanics very easily.

Also, Muffinz, yeah, they won't release plot as news... But I could see them somehow leaking into the interwebz or something. I don't know, better safe than sorry I guess!
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next