Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 18 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by tinning3 Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:58 am

I guess that's probably neat to some people, but it's not really for me, even if the next game wasn't in 3D. But I'll agree it would probably be great for drawing purposes. All I need is my in game dex and the bulbapedia info, and I'm good.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 18 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:19 pm

Breaking news: Game Freak recently registered trademarks for "Pokkén Fighter" and "Pokkén Tournament."
Hmm, maybe something about that video at the end of the retrospective?
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:43 pm

About Mega Evolutions.:
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:59 pm

megablissey:
megashuckle:
100 percent true source
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:26 pm

I'm just shocked you never posted megaditto he did before.

Also that guy reblogged the Captain.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:30 pm

oh god megamiltank is terrifying
megaslowbro made me giggle though, and i wish it was real.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Yeah the shelder obviously got bored of being 'the gimmick'. Also, megaArceus looked exactly the same but with a wig, explained by 'Im still God'.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Hmm.

Yeah I don't find him all that funny. Because he denies that they are false as well. And that isn't fair, especially when his designs are pretty good and could be true (some of em at least).
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:54 pm

They aren't actually that good, however, seeing the other megaevolutions, I suppose I can understand why some people would be confused about if they are or aren't real...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Yeah that one about the megakanghaskahn could have been either one and unless you checked other sources, even his disclaimer of THIS IS SERIOIUS isn't really all that helpful. I stillcan't believe megakangaskahn is a thing, it's not really gotten any development since it was announced, and has a completely different look aobut it to the other known megas, i.e not any different at allto it's basic forme.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:11 pm

Captain wrote:Hmm.

Yeah I don't find him all that funny. Because he denies that they are false as well. And that isn't fair, especially when his designs are pretty good and could be true (some of em at least).
he had a create a pokemon that was fire flying grass that learned a move a level and had basically no defense you think thats serious
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:16 am

On the subject of actual news, from various videos of the demo it has been discovered they're finally redoing the cries.

They don't match the pokemon stadium 2 cries, and for the most part seem to be faithful to the original, just less 8 bit sounding. Pikachu has its anime voice.
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:38 pm

yeah, spark posted that in chat a few days ago.
the ones in that video are crobat and mewtwo, btw.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:02 pm

I'm happy for that, but considering they said they weren't going to get rid of the 8-bit screeches before, I wonder what made them change.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Wow, I love the Gogoat theme. I would like always be riding Gogoat just to hear that theme and dance like an idiot to it.
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Location : Guys just so you know I am basically NEVER on here. I only really go on the Skype now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:15 pm

I think it's cool that they're redoing the cries. I want to hear what the new ones all sound like. Plus, finally, pokemon that shared the same cries in RBY will get even more differentiation so I won't think that there's a Rhyhorn on the field whenever Charizard comes out and I'm not paying attention.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:30 am

I'm all for keeping tradition and all, but seeing greatly improved sprites coming out to the field fully animated with 8-bit cries is always bizarre, so I'm happy with this.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:14 am

See, now I'm not. I like the old cries, they add nostalgia. After all these years, it's still nice to hear that pixelly draconic roar whenever someone throws out a Charizard.
(Also whoever came up with the horrible idea of changing Pikachu's cry to his anime voice should be shot.)
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:19 am

Does someone have a video reference to them changing Pikachu's call?

Is it really just going to go "pika pika"? Sad
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:26 am

I think the plan is to keep the cries the same, but add more to it. So instead of Charizards old 8-bit roar, it'll be the same roar but updated to make it more modern and unique compared to Ryhorns.

I agree with your pikachu point though, if anything they should be working to have the anime mons sound more like the game mons.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:54 pm

In the previous games Pikachu sounded like this. It was kind of an awesome sound that now that I think about it I'm sorry didn't make it into the anime or generation VI.

EDIT: Pfft, do I ever read posts? This is what Pikachu sounds like now:

http://pokebeach.com/2013/08/actual-xy-music-updates-cries-for-old-pokemon

Actually, in the Japanese anime I know they did make something of an effort to make the Pokémon sound like their calls in the game in DP. I didn't get to see a lot of BW before my huge IP belief shift prevented me seeing the rest, unfortunately, though I do remember Archen being pretty authentically raucous if not necessarily perfectly true to the game.

It's been many years since I watched any significant amount of it (or watched it for any reason other than irony, for that matter), but I somehow don't think the American dub is ever going to try very hard at Pokémon voices. I could be wrong though.
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Location : Guys just so you know I am basically NEVER on here. I only really go on the Skype now.

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Yeah, that shout is bad, especially since it stands out weirdly. Either make all shouts like they are in the show or keep them all like they are in the games.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:44 pm

So they definately changed the cry into "Pika pika". That's interesting. The most I can hope for is it not sounding too outta place compared to the more traditional cries. But I don't particularly have anything against pikachu's VO in general. It just seems like a really bizarre idea.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Don't know about you guys, but I actually prefer the old cry. I second tinning--having Pikachu hav an actual voice seems kind of weird.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:06 pm

Considering the other Pokémon are just getting overhauled versions of their old cries instead of completely new ones (as far as we know), it is very jarring for Pikachu to start saying its name.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next