Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 17 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:22 pm

what am i whats my alignment

i cant really put a pin on it so

also is there any other law of phorums involving me i like being in laws of phorums
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 17 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by OverlordJ Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Nah, see, people always think that evil people have to be dicks.

Here is how I see it:
If I do good for the sake of doing good, then I am good.
If I do something good but for other reasons, then I am neutral.
If I am more then willing to do something evil for my own benefit, then I am evil.

If I wouldn't do something against the rules, that's lawful.
If I don't oppose the rules, I am true.
If I work against the rules, that's chaotic.

So Chaotic Good, to use the popular example, would be someone like Robin Hood. He was trying to do good, for no other reason then because it was good and he was fighting against the rules while doing so.

True Evil just means that they'd be willing to break the rules if needed. A Lawful Evil villain could for example never murder or steal, since both of those things are against the rules.

An example for a lawful evil character, even if it sounds a bit odd, would be Caliborn. He follows the rules (as good as he can) but he is DEFINATLY commiting evil acts while doing so.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:32 pm

I guess that means I am True Good, or True Neutral.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:46 pm

See, True Neutral means:

I'm going to do exactly what I want to do. Regardless of consequences. Until the day I die. I might be an agreeable person, but unless I WANT to do what you want me to do, I'm probably not going to do it. I don't really give a damn what people think of me, because this is my life to live. For myself.

It's not about narcissism, it's about living with purpose. And my self-assigned purpose is to always be true to myself, regardless of whether or not I'm true to others.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:30 am

Ordinarily I'm lawful neutral with slight chaotic tendencies. This is because good is dumb.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:50 am

Hanky Panky wrote:See, True Neutral means:

I'm going to do exactly what I want to do. Regardless of consequences. Until the day I die. I might be an agreeable person, but unless I WANT to do what you want me to do, I'm probably not going to do it. I don't really give a damn what people think of me, because this is my life to live. For myself.

It's not about narcissism, it's about living with purpose. And my self-assigned purpose is to always be true to myself, regardless of whether or not I'm true to others.
Are you willing to commit evil acts? Because that's what "I'm going to do exactly what I want to do. Regardless of consequences." sounds like. It also sounds a bit chaotic if you think about it. It sounds like you are saying "Rules? Who cares about rules, I do what I want, screw your rules"

True means you are neither activly trying to follow the law NOR actuivly opposing it.

Neutral means you aren't doing evil things but you aren't doing good things just because they are good either.

At least that's my opinion. So yeah, you might be True Neutral but you sound suspiciously close to Chaotic Evil...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:14 am

*world explodes*

*somewhere along the probability axis*
I hope you are happy Razz

And of course you are *twitches* welcome to *EEERK* disagree *shudder* with me *uuuuuuugh*! And also I don't really think the chaotic evil thingummy is really a very good graph of people's personalities and I doubt it's been reviewed by a peer in the field of psychology so I don't have an opinion.
Besides, like, that one.
And I guess you could probably apply it to many characters in books but only because they inherently lack the complexity found in real characters. I mean people, shit!!! Everybody forget I said that! I'm not allowed to give the game away!!

SHIT!!!
THAT WAS DEFINITELY NOT A FREUDIAN SLIP!!!!!
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:08 am

It is indeed difficult to find out a persons alignment. It is not that hard to find out the alignment of a certain act but the problem is that noone does only things fitting his alignment.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:05 pm

lawful good
i want to help everyone but i need to follow the rules as they have a guideline for our society

lawful neutral
the law is the most important thing and we must follow it

lawful evil
im gonna screw everyone over but ill follow the rules because they are a strong basis for everything

neutral good
lets help everyone

true neutral
i dont care

neutral evil
lets screw everyone over

chaotic good
everyone needs help especially against this evil force known as the government and their rules

chaotic neutral
i wanna do what i want screw whatever comes of that

chaotic evil
lets kill all these babies
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:28 pm

No, see, the thing is, most "evil" people don't do evil just for the sake of being evil.

Good is defined as doing good just for the sake for doing good. Evil however isn't defined like that. Even most evil people wouldn't kill babies without a reason. However, they'd be WILLING to kill babies if it helps them. Neutral people wouldn't be willing to do that, however, they wouldn't do good things just because they are good either.

You got a good definition for most but I'd change chaotic neutral and chaotic evil.

chaotic neutral
I do what I want, screw the rules but I still don't want to be evil

chaotic evil
I do what I want, screw rules or morals

Basically, Lawful - True - Chaotic means if you are working for the rules, against the rules or if you don't care.

Good - Neutal - Evil means if you are only doing morals things, not wanting to do amoral things or if you're willing to do even amoral things
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:57 pm

What if you think laws are important ina society nad must be followed, but also think that some laws are just stupid and meaningless and so don't care about breaking them, like jaywalking? Technically you'd be breaking the law and not caring about it, making you True Neutral at least, but then when the law actually matters you wouldn't do it. Like you wanna park across double lines but know that's illegal and for good reason as it would give free reign to just park willy nilly, so you refrain from it, even though you wanna, making you lawful neutral. Which would you be?
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:13 pm

There are more than one definition for each alignment, guys.
Really, I don't understand why any of you wants to pretends these are as easy as that.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:33 pm

i wanna pretend theyre that easy just so i can make jokes about them
i know that its tough like the corner alignments what if they contradict like an unfair law if your lawful good do you follow it or do you do good either violates your tenants but you cant do neither you have to do one
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:36 pm

I'm pretty sure molesting the people who pay you rent is not a good act, and lawful only in the most bizarre of hypothetical scenarios.
Spoiler:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Tinning, that's why finding your alignment isn't easy.

NOONE only does acts that fit only one alignemt. So you have to see what you do most often and if there are any trends in your behaviour.

If we take your example, if you follow the law MOST pf the time and just ignore a few you'd still get to be lawful.

It's much more complicated if you are usually lawful but there is one law you oppose strongly and why you are activly working against.

So yeah, finding the alignment of a single act isn't to hard but finding the alignment of a person is really hard.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:13 pm

I think we can all agree that lawful is a dumb term and that's why it's so hard to categorize people.

Spoiler:
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Dregadude wrote:I think we can all agree that lawful is a dumb term and that's why it's so hard to categorize people.
What? No! Most people understand lawful just fine, the problem is that most people missunderstand what evil means!
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:52 pm

people just misunderstand what misunderstand means
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:32 pm

I know what it means

It's the new iteration of missleboon's nickname! Needs moar typos though.

Also Lawful is a silly term since chaos is definite and law is subjective and fallable. Ordered or logical (but that word carries ontic weight) would be a better fit. Likewise, Evil and that would be more accurately described as intent to do good/evil. I.E slaughtering babies because you can, slaughtering babies for the good of mankind, accidentally killing babies, they're all different based on your intention. Also, that's a lot of dead babies.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:34 pm

Well I'm not going to use live babies as the foundation for my new castle. That would be cruel.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:41 pm

See? Lawful good right there. And as a fellow lawful good myself, it is my sacred duty to slit your jugular with a shard of bloody masonry while you're putting on your deodorant, brah. Still buds though.

*fist bunps corpse*
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:42 pm

I completely forgot this was the news thread, I kind of assumed it was the general chat thread. But Jimmy neutron is taking most of the spotlight there right now.

So how about all those 3D's, eh? Am I the only one going to get every single pokemon and just ogle all the models and the animations all day?
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:43 pm

I thought that was what Pokédex 3D was for.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:02 pm

I'm not going to pay £13 to look at a pokédex that I can get in the game though...
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:20 pm

actually the models on pokédex 3d and the game seem to be different

the game ones look way better imo, but pokédex 3d is more useful if youre one of those artsy people cause you can use it to check a pokémons body in like literally every angle
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next