Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 10 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by Dregadude Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:45 pm

muffinz wrote:because it is one

look it up

and yeah it is useful
i never said it wasn't
all of these things were useful to varying degrees
except mawile
and i guess absol
 I found absol useful. I gave it critical-hit moves, its ability raised critical-hit ratio, and it held a Razor Claw. It did pretty well.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 10 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by muffinz Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:46 pm

i mean in competitive
(for once. i'm usually having to remind people when we're talking about in-game)
it's fragile and has only average speed
in competitive this means "it dies on turn 1 always"
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:48 pm

muffinz wrote:i mean in competitive
(for once. i'm usually having to remind people when we're talking about in-game)
it's fragile and has only average speed
in competitive this means "it dies on turn 1 always"
 Well yeah I guess that's exactly how my Absol did competitively too :/
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:48 pm

Well, it's probably safe to assume that the Mega forms will have boosted stats.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:58 pm

But why do absol and Mawile get mega forms? They don't even HAVE evolutions yet, why not give them standard evolutions first? Anyway I have no problem with this really, except the odd random choice of just blaziken for mega, unless more are revealed, and the smaller raichu. I actually thought it was the mega form for raichu or something. I can't believe it's a seperate pokemon... overall, the good and the bad and the confusing combine to make a meh, s'all right. Maybe mega's will represent mans influence to further evolution or something.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:01 pm

ok i got caught up.
the newchu this gen is the worst yet. i like the bunny a little though.
i'm....rather indifferent to this? the designs share a very clear theme and i quite like all of them, but at this same time, having a "mega" form feels....weird, to say the least. i think it has just as much potential to be a great addition as it does to go horribly wrong.

the only hing hat outright bothers me is that it doesn't seem the all 'mons will be getting a mega-evo, and...of all the ones they could have chosen, i really think starters should be excluded from the selections.
oh well, we'll just have to ride it out.

however:

Last edited by NinteNerd on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:02 pm

I'll be surprised if Raichu doesn't get a Mega form. Because the series mascot has to get in on the action somehow.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:03 pm

yeah i don't get it
if they want to make them more useful just give em evolutions, not super special mega ultra super awesome cool great amazing ultra mega forms that are probably not even regularly availible in normal gameplay
they all look dumb too btw so that probably increases my mild annoyance at how silly it is

but seriously can anyone tell me why the ampharos is dragon type
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:05 pm

ampharos is a dragon because it is a lighthouse guy remember back in the first season of the anime where there was a dragonite by the lighthouse well dragon lighthouse therefore ampharos is electric dragon end of story
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:06 pm

muffinz wrote:yeah i don't get it
if they want to make them more useful just give em evolutions, not super special mega ultra super awesome cool great amazing ultra mega forms that are probably not even regularly availible in normal gameplay
they all look dumb too btw so that probably increases my mild annoyance at how silly it is

but seriously can anyone tell me why the ampharos is dragon type
 It looks more... regal now? I don't know it's fucking dumb and I shouldn't be defending it.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:07 pm

makes perfect sense
thank you kotakun for showing me the way
i feel so enlightened now
*bows*
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:48 pm

honestly i kinda like the idea though the names feel a bit lacking on creativity (just "Mega[x]")

the thing that bugs me though is having a pokémon go over the usual 3-stage-limit

that and the fact blaziken is there, if its only blaziken and not all the other starters THEN i'll be seriously mad
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:51 pm

i don't think it's literally another evolution form tacked onto the end of the line so much as a different form
that's preeeety much what it says they are

man typing like this is kind of addicting
i see why kotakun and tirgo do this now
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:09 pm

pokemon can only be mega for two consecutive hours a calendar month thats how they rain in its power every pokemon gets one of those forms and a game can only have one pokemon per week go mega
wala you solved every problem lets go home and eat pokemon ice cream now
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:18 pm

if the whole "evolves in battle by holding a certain item" thing is true then this got a whole lot better

specially considering the fact x and y (dna) and that all the pokémon look just a bit mutated from the original form, which could mean its actually people artificially enhancing the pokémon in some way

and it could also be tied to team flare by them doing that and then selling the new, mutated and stronger pokémon to people

ALSO MEGACHARIZARD FIRE/DRAGON CALLING IT NOW

also megadunsparce, fairy/dragon pls make it happen
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Spark Eletran wrote:if the whole "evolves in battle by holding a certain item" thing is true then this got a whole lot better

specially considering the fact x and y (dna) and that all the pokémon look just a bit mutated from the original form, which could mean its actually people artificially enhancing the pokémon in some way

and it could also be tied to team flare by them doing that and then selling the new, mutated and stronger pokémon to people

ALSO MEGACHARIZARD FIRE/DRAGON CALLING IT NOW

also megadunsparce, fairy/dragon pls make it happen
I think I'd be down with a megaduncesparce, same with stuff like luvdisc, farfetch'd, etc.

But if there is a megacharizard I am going to have the whole of reality just erased. No one needs to know this happened.
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Wooooooooah

Okay honestly the only thing I'm iffy about is they broke the 3-stage evo line. That annoys me, because, particularly if MegaBlaziken (cool design tho) is as strong as we think it's going to be, Power Creep will be back and creepier than ever. And 'Mega' is kinda lame. Work it INTO the name and I'm interested.

Calling it: all defensive pokemon are officially useless in gen 6.

But newchu fits the standard, antenna is pretty cool idea for it. It's basically a divergent pikachu evo to a tee. Is it really so different from, say, plusle and minun? Plus it's SO SQUASHY and it's been firmly established that Emolga is always the best anyway. Don't mind not having new mega starters. Too much power creep D: and anyway currently it's more like a cross-section. Not really convinced with MLucario, old Lucario pulled off the same design concepts only more simply. But it's not bad. I can't make out MAbsol's face... Also is it just me or are all the new guys distinctly... Floofy looking?

Also calling it: MegaAmph will be just as useless as Ampharos is currently... Unless it gets spore. Mold breaker? Ha! Only useful if there's a marked increase in Volt Absorb and Motor Drive. And based on Amphy's stat spread it'll still be too slow and not bulky enough to compete with the already slightly doomed dragons. For a start... Garchomp and Haxorus commonly pack Earthquake?? Now, if Mold Breaker ignored Immunities, then we can talk. At least it gets a fighting chance against Dragonite.

They like their normal types too this gen. I'm betting (rather safely) that the rabbit goes Ground or Ground-Normal. It's a cool design up-close actually.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:41 pm

So far, the indications are that Mega Evolutions are essentially just new forms only usable in battle, not a full true evolution. And you're definitely in the minority here with the Pikaclone.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:58 pm

Yup. But I'm in touch with my future self who claims you've all forgotten your grievances with it by the time we're in gen 7, which coincidentally includes MegaTogekiss and MegaCelebi. Don't need to call this because its totes true. And yeah, 'evolution' is most likely a form, but will certainly get a separate smogon entry so that's all that counts really. Preferably it's induced only by held-item, which alleviates Power Creep - e.g no LifeOrb MegaLucario or ChoiceBand MegaBlaziken.

Also don't you really (for whatever reason) want to play whack-a-mole with newchu? So squishy. I cannot believe how squishy it is.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:00 pm

d_what wrote:Also don't you really (for whatever reason) want to play whack-a-mole with newchu? So squishy. I cannot believe how squishy it is.
 Secretly, this hilarious take on a classic arcade game is already in development in Japan.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:14 pm

i just wanna see megamagikarp
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:22 pm

...megacrobat
...megaaudino
...megagarchomp

...megaSHARPEDO
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:24 pm

MEGASHARPEDO PLEASE HAPPEN.

also the blazikenite seems to support the "holding an item to mega evolve" thing
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:00 pm

Alright, I am... Not exactly comfortable with this reveal, but I can deal with it so long as Game Freak utilizes it well and doesn't screw it up beyond belief by breaking the three-stage limit.

pokemon that would be awesome with a mega form:

Pokemon that could really go either way:

pokemon that will be terrible as a mega form:
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:14 pm

I really have no opinion of the mega forms from a gameplay standpoint until they tell us more about how they differ statwise from normal Pokemon, but from a design standpoint it just looks to me like they made stuff wavy and called it a new form.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next