Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 11 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by OverlordJ Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:24 pm

So it seems most people think that the mega forms are a dumb decision?

Because I remember it when I warned you, when I told you that when they start showing off bad decisions in the beginning it's a sign that they'll make even more dumb decisions.

I know I'll sound like a dick but I'm fighting the urge to say "I told you so"...

On a more funny note, the rabbit has a buttface
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 11 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Mega Sharpedo totally needs to be a Smuppedo. Just saying.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:53 pm

I VOTE FOR MEGACROBAT WHERE DO I SIGN
for real though those megavolutions are kind of ugly.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:58 pm

I want a Mega Omastar. And Mega Malamar.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:10 pm

here's your mega mallomar

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 11 Finished

Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:48 pm

You win the thread
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:49 pm

d_what wrote:...megacrobat
...megaaudino
...megagarchomp

...megaSHARPEDO
im sorry i didnt say megasharpedo because i thought that was obvious
and megaaudino is worth ten bazillion exp if you are a level 100 and beat a level 1 megaaudino
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:53 pm

But that's pointless because you don't earn exp at level 100. nor do you ever need ten bazillion exp to get to level 100, from any starting point. at most, a pokemon needs one and a quarter million.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:57 pm

how do you know level 100 is still the max level?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:02 pm

because megamewtwo told me in a dream yesterday.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:28 pm

well megablaziken told me he was level 255 so there

now who do you trust the super strong alternate form of an evil pokemon who has supposedly learned his lesson or blaziken who i like to call the most awesome starter since blaziken yes he existed before so he can be the most awesome since thats how awesome he is
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:38 pm

okay so this is one of those times where i just have to shake my head because that's just kind of.... silly. yes, blaziken is cool, but everyone knows that the best starter ever is totodile. plus, you can't exist before the origin point of your existence. otherwise the past would be the origin point of your existence. and it would go on until you would have no origin point. you would be eternal. a universal constant. blaziken is cool and all, but he's no universal constant.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:14 am

No no no see you guys are wrong and it's TREECKO who's the best starter and therefor the universal constant.
Little known fact: the timeline is actually a timevine.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:28 am

i like to think of time kind of like a tire. if you pick a point on it, you can watch it go all the way forward and return back to the same place where you picked said point originally. think of it like painting a small white dot on the tire. basically, time is cyclical but it only moves forward. so it's a tire moving forward that repeats itself ad infintium. who knows how many times before we've had this discussion? who knows how many times our particular universe has been born and died? all this contemplation gives me headaches but the concept is dizzying and fascinating.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:11 am

You know what I think is more fascinating?
The fact that Gogoat is a goddamn motorcycle and I'm just realizing this now ARGH.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:21 am

invisibleTerrarium wrote:You know what I think is more fascinating?
The fact that Gogoat is a goddamn motorcycle and I'm just realizing this now ARGH.
Um, how exactly is it a motorcycle?

HP oh my god your avatar is terrifying. What even is that thing!?
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:38 am

the horns are handlebars.

anyway, a bit ago, it was agreed upon in chat that dedenne will only be redeemable if it gets a mega-form. it was also said that mega-forms are simply when the pokemon goes too long without a haircut.
i took the liberty of illustrating what will obviously be canon in a few month's time.
Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 11 Megadedenne_by_shadowyoshigamernerd-d6h9h2w
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by DicksMcgee Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:13 am

I personally don't get megapokemon. Why not just have them as normal evolutions? Though I do like the new gym leader, she's cute.
DicksMcgee
DicksMcgee
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:36 am

yes it is motorcycle goat
this also just in apparently sharpedo is a torpedo shark and treecko is a plant gecko more news at eleven
muffinz wrote:

taokaka is not terrifying take that back
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:57 am

New info:

- MegaPokemon are forms that "evolve" in-battle only using a "Mega Stone" (unclear if they all evolve via this method or whether they have individual items that do this.

- Not all Pokemon will receive a MegaForm.

- MegaForms have increased/boosted stats from their non-mega counterparts. For instance, MegaLucario has increased attack, and MegaAbsol increased Attack and Speed. Other stat improvements are currently unknown.

- Next month's Corocoro will have new MegaForms, New Pokemon and will show the new Type Chart gor gen 6 (which will obviously include Fairy and any changes).

I really, really don't see how the mega formes are bad. They look awesome, and will be very fun to use. They're allowing Pokemon that Gamefreak might otherwise not give an evo to (I personally don't think an Absol evo works, the MegaForm does though). Chances are all the starters will go mega (which gives Gamefreak a chance to redeem the 5th gen. I'm talking Grass/Dragon Serperior, Fire/Dark Emboar and Water/Fighting Samurott). So really, I see nothing wrong with it and I don't see why all of you are throwing spoilt brat-style hissy fits about it.

It's clearly a move from Gamefreak to make the competitive scene more even and more distinct. They have been doing it increasingly with each gen. In Gen 6, they're balancing out the Type Chart with Fairy, to make things more even, and they're introducing new formes that are easily able to stand their ground against some of the tougher 'mons from Gen 5 ( Kingdra in Rain, Excadrill in Sandstorm, some of the OU 'mons closer to Uber). It's actually a tespectful nod to the metagame, and a good one in my opinion. I love both the metagame and the "normal" game, I get a lot of enjoyment out of both, but I welcome a move like this that separates these substantially.

So yeah. Basically, either accept this new gameplay that Gamefreak is giving us, or DON'T BUY THE GAME, AND STOP COMPLAINING. Because if there's one thing I hate it's people moaninh, when there is literally nothing to moan about.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:47 am

I don't care I just want my megaslowbro/ megayanmega. Megaslowbro would look so fluffy.

I know that won't happen irl 'cause slowbros already great enough as he is.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:01 am

tinning3 wrote:I know that won't happen irl 'cause slowbros already great enough as he is.
I don't think already good enough is much of an argument here, considering we have Blaziken and Mewtwo going Mega.

Anyway:
MegaYanmega (in japanese, MegaMegayanma), MegaMeganium, MegaMetagross, MegaMagnezone, MegaGarchomp, MegaGigalith, MegaKlinklang (in japanese, MegaGigigear) and MegaLoVaNiauvidisc need to be things, if just for name hilarity.
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:51 am

muffinz wrote:

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 11 Pokemon-X-and-Y-Image-4
Well, here's Gogoat.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 11 2005_ninja_zx6r-green
And there's a motorcycle, green for good measure.

So the horns are the handlebars, eyes are the headlights, back-leaves are the seat-cushiony-thing, tail is that sticky-uppy-doodle on the back of the bike that I think is still just called a tail but i don't know.
Me'ēkuru is also a bicycle for pretty much the same reasons.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:58 am

kotakun wrote:
taokaka is not terrifying
I never thought I'd seriously quote you but your exactly right in this case.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:09 am

So someone called lecra made this:
Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 11 Tumblr_mr8ravE2nm1rueh64o1_250

I normally get annoyed by Digimon / Pokémon comparisons, but this is just perfect in every way.

(firefox, why is Digimon in the dictionary but Pokémon not, what is your problem?)

Edit: Announcement is now official: Mega Pokémon retain their name, as does Dedenne (so how do you pronounce that?). Skater girl, Gogoat-prevo and bunny are now called Korrina, Skiddo and Bunnelby. The mega stones seem to all be called [poké]nite.

Cheek Pouch allows a Pokémon to restore hp in addition to the effect of a berry, when it eats said berry.

There is a new move known as Nuzzle, which does damage and paralyses.

Last edited by willPowered on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next