Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 12 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by tinning3 Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:22 am

I approve of that gif. Incidentally as we talk about megas, I'm getting more in the mood to play some Digimon World: Dark Dawn, but I got it packed away in the shed and I got no idea where it is :I
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 12 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by OverlordJ Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:24 am

Captain wrote:DON'T BUY THE GAME, AND STOP COMPLAINING. Because if there's one thing I hate it's people moaninh, when there is literally nothing to moan about.
I don't see how this is "Nothing to moan about"?

That said, don't worry, the way it looks there'll be no way that I'll buy this gen now
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:25 am

willPowered wrote:
tinning3 wrote:I know that won't happen irl 'cause slowbros already great enough as he is.
I don't think already good enough is much of an argument here, considering we have Blaziken and Mewtwo going Mega.

Anyway:
MegaYanmega (in japanese, MegaMegayanma), MegaMeganium, MegaMetagross, MegaMagnezone, MegaGarchomp, MegaGigalith, MegaKlinklang (in japanese, MegaGigigear) and MegaLoVaNiauvidisc need to be things, if just for name hilarity.
The starters are a pretty obvious choice for Mega forms, so Meganium's a good candidate. Mega Garchomp and Mega Metagross might be too OP, so I'm not sure if they would get Mega forms, but I'll certainly try to take advantage of them if they do (shiny Mega Metagross, anyone?). Yanmega, Magnezone, Gigalith, and Klinklang are all possibilities, although not necessarily the most likely. Luvdisc desperately needs a Mega form, but I think its chances of getting one are very remote.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:36 am

So: Mewtwo can defeat any pokemon, Rhydon can resist any explosion. Blaziken can jump over skyscrapers and Magcargo out heats the sun. Regigigas can tow continents and Arceus can create universes.

But Skiddo can jump up those ledges you can only jump down, even with a person on its back.

I am in awe.
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:43 am

willPowered wrote:Skiddo can jump up those ledges you can only jump down, even with a person on its back
Say what now?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:46 am

Skiddo can climb the one-way ledges that have plagued us since Gen I. There's probably going to be some sort of caveat to this ability, so that you can't just skip ahead of where you're supposed to be during the story. Also, it looks like Korrina (the new Gym Leader) uses Fighting-types. The screenshot that shows the player challenging her has an icon in the background that I'm 99% sure is her badge, which is a stylized boxing glove.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:49 am

OverlordJ wrote:
willPowered wrote:Skiddo can jump up those ledges you can only jump down, even with a person on its back
Say what now?
Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 12 August_p14_06
Their tyranny is no more.
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:51 am

wait what

this is bigger than fairy type and mega forms combined
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:01 pm

But-

WHAT?

NO! You can't do that! YOu can't jump over the ledges, that's just-NO!

What's next, will there be no more Pokeballs and you have to use nets and traps to catch wild Pokemons?

Will going into the Pokecenter start costing money?

What is this game?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:18 pm

The important question is: Will there be Trash Bins?

I think I'm okay with Megaforms now that I saw that it lasts only until the pokémon holds a Mega Stone. It would have been too OP otherwise.

Also, Skiddo looks cool.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:33 pm

It seems that a pokemon might need to use up a turn to activate megavolution. That's always a good trade off, increased power at the expense of losing a turn.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:41 pm

It's perfectly fine to like the new mega forms. It's also perfectly fine to not like them. But be civil.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:49 pm

er..oj, it seems to me you're pretty against nearly every change Game Freak is making these past few gens. i don't mean this angrily, but if you're so dissatisfied with what they're doing, i'm curious to know what you would have done differently to innovate and keep the newer generations interesting.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:02 pm

NinteNerd wrote:er..oj, it seems to me you're pretty against nearly every change Game Freak is making these past few gens. i don't mean this angrily, but if you're so dissatisfied with what they're doing, i'm curious to know what you would have done differently to innovate and keep the newer generations interesting.
That is indeed a very good question, I hope you don't mind if I think a bit longer about that?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Yes OJ this has been a thing since we've known you :Pand a fairly defining thing at that.

See, I think what you need to realise is:
Nobody likes change.
The difference being, some people realise this and commit to suppressing their revulsion quite quickly. With the exception of the kami trio (original) and to an extent the gen 5 starters, I never doubt anything GF do design wise. My initial reaction WAS granted OH GOD NONWHYYYYYYY???? But that lasted basically a millisecond because what annoys me more than iffy design decisions are the myriad people who hate on everything, even if they're in a minority and I quickly realise I'm being a biased conservative hypocrite about hating change. Two gens later and it really won't make a difference. (Physical special split in gen 4? RUINED POKEMON! RUINED COMPETITIVE BATTLING! Now? Can't imagine life without it.) As soon as you realise you're just experiencing a reflex reaction it gets a whole lot easier to love new stuff.

Also YES EV CHECKING and YES THE TERM EFFORT WAS USED SO WE CAN KEEP SAYING EFFORT VALUES CANONICALLY
Also I think MegaSeaking or MegaLumineon would be really cool.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:09 pm

No no no guys
MegaBisharp
Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 12 Red-power-ranger-megaforce-the-power-rangers-34277952-332-363
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:10 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:No no no guys
MegaBisharp
Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 12 Red-power-ranger-megaforce-the-power-rangers-34277952-332-363
Your image didn't embed properly.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Alright, so apparently, these mega stones, or whatever they're gonna be called, will not be found during regular pre-credits gameplay. This means that if you don't like the idea of these mega forms, you can pretty much safely ignore them completely in a regular playthrough. That's nice, I'm glad to hear it. It's an interesting idea but they seem like they'd be way to overpowerful for in-game use, and I was really hoping we wouldn't have the concept shoved down our throats.

(Like, I was worried it'd be on the level of pokèstar studios: "let's give you a twenty minute tutorial on this optional gameplay feature, which you cannot skip, and must repeat every time you play through the game. all yes/no choices are purely asthetic, since you are not allowed to leave until we explain everything in detail and then force you to try it for yourself. select the wrong dialog option at certain points and you just may have to repeat several minutes of the tutorial, including possibly having to redo the "trying-it-for-yourself" part from the beginning." Ugh, the very thought of it is terrifying me.)
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:35 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:
invisibleTerrarium wrote:No no no guys
MegaBisharp
Your image didn't embed properly.
...It shows up for me...
...Go go power rangers?
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:22 pm

I'm trying the "What would you have changed thing"

Okay, lets assume the following things:
The first three gens have been made
Someone tells me of the planned features (aka, the ones that actually got implemented) but I decide what gets implemented

Fourth Gen:

I'll need a bit more time for thinking about the fifth gen
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:33 pm

I normally embrace change. But I would much rather have an evolution for Absol than a Sephiroth form change.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Funnily enough MAbsol is basically exactly what I envisioned it would be. Absol's design was already basically flawless so any upgrade would have been 'spikes and wings and... More-ness." Or stylisation basically. Still can't tell what's going on to the right of its face though...

Also... I hope mega evolutions don't encroach too much on ACTUAL evolutions. While most of them make sense on a stage or competitive viewpoint, and absol as on a design perspective, Mawile could have used an actual evolution. I hope it's stats are CRAZY good (like, 1.5 times a regular evolution to it would be.) Also Magic Bounce no-item absol basically kisses goodbye any ideas of having a haxxy crit-set on it.
And on that note. Agility MLucario. Scary as f*ing hell. It won't need SwordsDance (and is too slow for it probably...) and probably can't use choice band or life orb, but Agility gives it speed while it's boosted attack helps a 240 base power Close Combat and to prevent revenge killing a 80 base power bullet punch. That nearly rivals Scizor, and outclasses it with Agility, CC and a coverage move like Ice Punch and Stone Edge! I really hope this thing takes up an item slot, otherwise it'll be one of the scariest Pokemon to exist since... Speed boost bla... Hmmmm I'm seeing a pattern here Sad
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:04 pm

OverlordJ wrote:I'm trying the "What would you have changed thing"

Okay, lets assume the following things:
The first three gens have been made
Someone tells me of the planned features (aka, the ones that actually got implemented) but I decide what gets implemented

Fourth Gen:

I'll need a bit more time for thinking about the fifth gen
daytimes and stuff in that vein came back in gen5 though.
didn't gen4 have some kind of transfer system involving the gba slot in the DS? it may not be a trade ,but with the major changes in the mechanics in gen 4, it's basically incompatible with precious gens.

i'd like to hear your thoughts; take all the time you need, but i think you've already demonstrated the point i was going to make...

d_what wrote: 240 base power Close Combat
arceus help us.
preferably when you have a mind plate.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:09 pm

muffinz wrote:Alright, so apparently, these mega stones, or whatever they're gonna be called, will not be found during regular pre-credits gameplay. This means that if you don't like the idea of these mega forms, you can pretty much safely ignore them completely in a regular playthrough. That's nice, I'm glad to hear it. It's an interesting idea but they seem like they'd be way to overpowerful for in-game use, and I was really hoping we wouldn't have the concept shoved down our throats.

(Like, I was worried it'd be on the level of pokèstar studios: "let's give you a twenty minute tutorial on this optional gameplay feature, which you cannot skip, and must repeat every time you play through the game. all yes/no choices are purely asthetic, since you are not allowed to leave until we explain everything in detail and then force you to try it for yourself. select the wrong dialog option at certain points and you just may have to repeat several minutes of the tutorial, including possibly having to redo the "trying-it-for-yourself" part from the beginning." Ugh, the very thought of it is terrifying me.)
at least pokestar was mildly interesting as opposed to the fucking musical
oh look its the contests but without any of the redeeming qualities it just sucks i dont want to dress up my pokemon i want to flee and battle someone but no you have to explain everything in detail well fuck you mister musical guy
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:26 pm

pokestar and the musical are both lame and i never touch either. i would have liked the musical a lot more if they handled the props like thy did the dress-up thing in HG/SS.

i did occasionally like to waste time in goldenrod simply throwing all kinds of ridiculous stuff on my team.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next