Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 13 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by d_what Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Don't forget guys, there's a general discussion thread, and a news discussion thread mspa and on that note:

I hope Bunnerer or whatever it's called evolves into something I like.CI could see myself using it. And Check Pouch nearly sounds like a good ability? Unfortunately, berry based abilities and moves deprive the user of a standard item so they'd nearly have to be OP to be worth using. I'm thinking of ways this one could work...
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 13 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by OverlordJ Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:03 pm

NinteNerd wrote:daytimes and stuff in that vein came back in gen5 though.
Actually, no, they already returned in gen 4
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:18 pm

D_What, I must be weird then, because I love change. I am pretty much BUILT on change. I can never stick to one thing ever, I am always changing my mind. Change is in nature, it's good. Maybe I'm just convincing myself here? Idk. But I do know that when it comes to Pokemon, I am open to almost anything.

Bunnelby is cool, I'm definitely hoping and expecting a Normal/Ground evo from it.

Dedenne is adorable, and Fairy is cool! If it evolves (I have a funny feeling that it just might, I may be wrong though) I may consider it for my team. I also don't see how it's like Raichu, it looks about as much like Raichu as Swalot does to Muk.

Skiddo is pretty adorable, and jumping over ledges is WELL cool. There is another Skiddo in the background of that screenie btw, so I'm reckoning jumping over ledges will be pretty much available to everyone, not just those with a riding Pokemon in their team!
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:20 pm

I can deal with change, but it takes me a little while to adjust. Unless Bunnelby evolves into something amazing, I don't think I'm going to pick one up to train (Pokédex completion is a different story).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:35 pm

hey CC... What do you think about... 'Change'?? mspa
But srsly though except for maybe when you thought that Blaziken and Excadrill weren't OP (they totes are trufax) I think I've basically always agreed with everything you've ever said ever? And actually my initial reaction to mega was 100% knee jerk. There was no thought involved in disliking it at all, I was just automatically predisposed to do so.

Also I'm thinking there won't be anything for changing IVs this gen... Probably still an improved way of checking them though.

Oh and seriously guys: do you think we'll get any actual new evolutions this gen? Doesn't adding a bunch of mega evos kind of defeat the purpose? We already know next month's corocoro will have more... Well, and new pokemon. But I figured they'd do starter stuff before doing evolved older pokemon. (Evolved bisharp plz... Mebbe gender differed evolutions too)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:04 pm

My first reaction to seeing them literally was "Oooooooh, so THAT'S what the Mewtwo form is. Makes sens-OMFG BLAZIKEN YOU BADASS". Followed shortly after by "OMG LUCARIO YOU BADASS."

I do kinda want to see some prevos and evos this gen, but with MegaEvolutions, I just can't see them as all that likely, which does sadden me a little. I do hope that MehaEvos aren't counted as separate Pokemon by the Pokedex but as more of a Form. Not a traditionall form but like in Blaziken's entry there will be a "Mega Evolution" tab.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:30 pm

My first reaction to megas was "MAWILE EVOLUTION YES" because mawile is great, immediately followed by "AMPHAROS YOU ARE NOT AN EIGHTEENTH-CENTURY CLASSICAL MUSICIAN."
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:32 pm

So when is Oorotto going to be officially revealed, anyways? Surely Game Freak must realize that people know about it by now.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Druplesnubb Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:54 pm

So my first reactions regarding the Megaevolutions was that they totally sucked. They didn't seem to be any different than regular evolutions, creating new pokemon named just like old ones with "Mega" plastered before their names was just plain horrible and most of the designs looked just like the old ones with a bunch of extra details added.
Learning more about how they worked made me much more positive though. Being an in-battle thing means there's actually a reason to differentate them from normal evolutions (and it means we won't actually have an actual Pokemon species named MegaBlaziken). The Mega evolutions needing to be visibly more powerful while still being recognisable as the same Pokemon means the designs suddenly make alot more sense. I'm particularly intrigued by what the "additional conditions" are.

My biggest beef with this right now is that this kind of thing was more or less covered by the Formes already. That and the names. Seriously, MegaMewtwo?, Lucarionite?

I'm pretty sure though that my, and everyone else's, concerns about this feature will evaporate as soon as Gamefreak announces MegaMeganium (pretty please?).

Also, check out the official sites' description of the Megaevolutions, it's absolutely hysterical.Very Happy

Druplesnubb
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:28 pm

I'm not gonna make a judgment on whether i like mega pokemon or not until i actually get to use them
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:29 pm

One of my friends speculates that some Pokemon named Eviol is going to be in sixth gen
Because if we have Blazikenite, where does that leave us with Eviolite...?
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Gelatino wrote:I'm not gonna make a judgment on whether i like mega pokemon or not until i actually get to use them
A reasonable position to take.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:29 am

the link in druple's post led me to check out the official site again, and BOY am i excited for super training.
if this is anywhere near as good as what i'm being teased with, i can safely say i'm going to start EV training. i think it's awesome that they're doing all these cool things that appeal to both casual and competitive players.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:21 am

invisibleTerrarium wrote:My first reaction to megas was "MAWILE EVOLUTION YES" because mawile is great, immediately followed by "AMPHAROS YOU ARE NOT AN EIGHTEENTH-CENTURY CLASSICAL MUSICIAN."
the long lost 21st of js bachs children mega ampharos bach
yes he had an affair with a sheep in a thunderstorm thats how we get him
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:23 am

I was thinking Beethoven but Bach works too I guess
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:59 am

Super training sounds pretty efficient and neat, actually. Except that I'm foreseeing myself getting hopelessly stuck as I try to EV train all of my party Pokemon in-game, all at once.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:29 am

invisibleTerrarium wrote:I was thinking Beethoven but Bach works too I guess
beethoven was more 19th century than 18th century he was both but he wrote more later
but it doesnt matter that much when we get an ampharos in a silly wig
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:35 pm

look mega kangaskhan

guess they sort of did what everybody wanted in a way

also that ability is cool
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Well then. That Ability is definitely a potential game-breaker.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:46 pm

"Battles using Mega Evolutions" is definitely gonna be its own tier competitively. And there's really just NO way they'll be allowed on random matchups / tournaments, so I'm fine with it being gamebreaking.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Cool Very Happy and the regular one doesn't even evolve! It's like this whole time the baby had untapped potential. Really loving this.

I hope the stat changes are miniscule to non-existent though.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:37 pm

Two fucking attacks? This is ridiculous. Mega Pokemon will definitely be its own tier, as it should be. All this power creep is making lots and lots of pokemon useless. More than what's already useless.

I'm still not liking the idea of megamons.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Assuming that the ability does allow two consecutive and identical attacks, then yes it is officially OP. And then how would it work with status or set up moves? To be honest though there's a lot of ways it could be fixed to be fair and balanced, e.g stop the ability at half health, limit damage output e.g earthquake and surf in double battles, every second move having half based power, etc. Because Kangaskhan's stats aren't actually bad (and will likely improve) and gets a lot of good moves (Inc. Priority) I can't imagine this as having no caveats. I mean, that's a swords dance by default and a doubler to all setups! It'd be broken in Ubers! Also there might be an inbuilt limit via mega mechanics alone, e.g Mega Evos only activating after all of your Pokemon have fainted or something, but that's not really a help. And in any case I still see MLucario as being *manageable* and the others being completely fine. Excluding the obvious of course.

Especially Ampharos. Outrage isn't gonna cut it, since it's a special attacker, and how's it gonna learn Draco Meteor if it's only a Dragon type in battle? Rotom forme mechanics?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:21 pm

Realistically, I would expect the second attack to be exactly half power. And even then, it'd be like getting STAB on EVERYTHING. Not quite as OP as two full-powered attacks, but still a bit outrageous.

Also why are they making my poor sweet amphy into a classical composer/dragon? I like amphy the way it is. It looks vaguely egyptian.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:11 pm

I think it's probably cause it's japanese name "Denryu", electric current, can also be read as "electric dragon" or something like that.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next