Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 9 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by d_what Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:40 pm

I'm tired of shitty soundfonts. You can do a lot with 8 and 16 bit since it's so raw and focuses on composition. And good soundfonts are indistinguishable from regular (average!) Music. But everything post GB color was... Well, kinda garish and unconvincing. Cough cough trumpet cough.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 9 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by kotakun Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:05 am

theyre downloadin an entire pit orchestra onto the 3ds for the game so you get live music for the game
except for the timpani thats extra
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:05 am

Dang it, why is the timpani always extra?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:50 am

cuz theres like four of them in one instrument so they want to rip you off to make up for the great deal you get
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:37 am

timpani was my favorite percussion instrument to play when i was in band. it was so dramatic and powerful.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Oh, pfft. It took me this long to get the Flare/Flair pun. XD
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Location : Guys just so you know I am basically NEVER on here. I only really go on the Skype now.

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:41 pm

But I need the timpani for Carmina Burana!
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:08 am

All I need in life is trumpet mspa 
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:33 am

Getting back on topic: Do we have any new news or, if not, when will we get the next news most likely?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:47 am

sometime about the 12th when september corocoro gets released
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Serebii actually has what is supposedly the new Coro Coro information, but they have a disclaimer that says it's not 100% confirmed yet, and the information looks really sketchy (under the spoiler below, if you don't want to get spoiled), not to mention the new issue of Coro Coro isn't supposed to be out yet, leading me to believe that it's fake.
Fishy information:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:43 pm

XY SPOILERS BELOW
Spoilers:
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:49 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:Serebii actually has what is supposedly the new Coro Coro information, but they have a disclaimer that says it's not 100% confirmed yet, and the information looks really sketchy (under the spoiler below, if you don't want to get spoiled), not to mention the new issue of Coro Coro isn't supposed to be out yet, leading me to believe that it's fake.
Fishy information:
corocoro always gets leaked early four days ahead is definitely not too long for it to be bad

plus they pass the pixiv test theres fanart of them so it has to be real
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:52 pm

Unfortunately, Serebii's confirmed the info is legit. It's a shame, too, since the designs of the new Pokémon are not very good, in my opinion.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:19 pm

Well, guess we got our Pikachu clone for this gen. We all knew it'd be a fairy. But this one looks exactly like a chibi Raichu, which I think is really really dumb.

Wow, why am I hating this Gen more and more?
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Hey guys, remember me? I didn't really bother joining when the thread got locked but with this... uh... bombshell I felt I ought to jump in.

I do hope this is fake, although hope is fading fast. They're just so silly looking and fan-fic-y. I'd be willing to accept MegaMawile and MegaAbsol as regular evolutions, but the rest are just either to over the top, or are an ampharos that fell in a candyfloss machine. The idea of evolving a starter also seems out of place; now what do we do with hoenn remakes.

I will admit they mostly look badass, albeit over the top, but...

...at least we don't have MegaCharizard?

Also what's going to happen to Megayanma (As Yanmega is refered to in japan)?
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:29 pm

yeah on a scale from must buy game and system so i can play it to must burn game in the deepest regions of hell where it came from this revelation made xy drop more to the bottom
its still positive but its nowhere near high enough for buying the 3ds right now
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Unfortunately, willPowered, according to Serebii the info's legit. And Drega, I don't like the new Pikaclone either (not that I ever like any of them, but this one more than most). It just looks like some fan took the infamous "Pikablu" from way back when, recolored it, and gave it some ridiculous cheek doodads. I suspect that rabbit is the new Vendor Trash (Rattata et al), and Gogoat's pre-evolution just doesn't seem to fit. I think Game Freak is trying too hard to innovate, and they're making dubious choices.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:34 pm

I'm going to reserve judgment until I can get on a computer and see this shit for myself. Mega forms sound cool. Maybe gamefreak is looking to buy out namco bandai and one of the gen 7 starters will be agumon.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PunchesMalone Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Honestly, I kinda like this. Even if you don't, it's not like you have to evolve them. Although it's odd that Blaziken would get an evolution when it's already so powerful.
MegaMawile also looks pretty badass.
PunchesMalone
PunchesMalone
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:38 pm

so what exactly about that ampharos is even remotely draconic or even reptilian

it's a freaking lighthouse sheep
or at least
it's SOMETHING that used to be a sheep, so i'd expect it to contiue being mammalian
why should a mammal turn into a reptile
of course it shouldn't
before you say "but swablu is a bird and it becomes dragon type" remember that altaria is based off of some giant cloudy dragon-bird in japanese mythology
or something like that
ampharos has no excuse
no sheep, lighthouses, or lighthouse sheep have any dragon-ish mythological things related to them, as far as i know
so as far as i can tell, they made it a dragon type because that would make it more cool and strong
which is
the WORDT
reason to do something to a pokèmon

also, somebody shrunk down raichu and glued less-than and greater-than signs to its cheeks

Last edited by muffinz on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:39 pm

That's part of what bugs me about this. It feels like a way to give fully-evolved Pokémon new evolved forms without them technically being evolutions. At least with normal forms, there's some sort of tradeoff, but Mega evolutions seem like they're going to be improvements in every way. Although if Blaziken's getting a Mega evolution, the other starters better get their own as well, to maintain symmetry.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:40 pm

That's the point, they're taking some of the most powerful Pokemon (and Mawile for some stupid reason) and making them even more powerful. Unless absolutely every Pokemon gets a mega form I think this will make the game waaaaay unbalanced, especially if Mega forms make an appearance in an enemy's team or if you can have one in-game.

Also Renamon for Gen 7 Game Freak make it happen

Edit: why do you think mega!Ampharos is part Dragon type? Besides, I raised Ampharos in B2, it was perfectly useful in killing Gen V OU Pokemon. I mean, it learned Outrage by tutor, and I managed to take out freaking Hydreigon and Haxorus with it!

Last edited by Dregadude on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:41 pm

because it is one

look it up

and yeah it is useful
i never said it wasn't
all of these things were useful to varying degrees
except mawile
and i guess absol

Last edited by muffinz on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:42 pm

Serebii has their types and Abilities. Mega Ampharos is Electric/Dragon with Mold Breaker, for instance.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next