Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 16 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by tinning3 Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:00 am

Could we finally be seeing a series of pokémon not starring perpetual 10 year old loser Ash? Starring the original, actual protagonists? The art style looks really nice, though that could indicate a one off. Either way, it's something new and different.

Obviously the actual pokemon anime would still air as well, but who knows maybe they're testing the waters for a new format.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 16 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by d_what Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:02 am

Dude you skipped all the other cool info :0

1) new fairy type in tcg, it is pink but not a bad shade of pink
2) Mega Evolution is activated at will in-battle, this was one of the things I was thinking of when they said that bit about 'changing type mid-battle'. That's really only going to be a thing for Ampharos though, the rest would prefer it immediately.
3) Fire resists fairy. This was leaked, AND a bit of a long shot. See? I told you guys that stuff was legit. Good for fire types!
4) Fennekin gets psysomething. Le sigh, but w/e
5) cool new battle scene that isn't from X and Y. TCG advert? Really over done TV promo? Or... Possible Wii U game in the future??? Looks cool!
6) some animu stuff

Edit: hey Hanky crobat was in a new demo video, looked p.cool
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:13 am

I thought you would be happy for every hint about Fire/Psychic.

But cool informations.

And the new anime stuff is intriguing. I like Pokemon Adventures.
Also, I like plain old Ash's adventures too. :V
He's just so charmingly stupid, naive and special.
Plus Hoenn.
Also, Pokemopolis.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:17 am

Oh okay, the websites I got this info from never mentioned any of that. I need to get some new websites. I did see the battle scene though, and to be honest I thought it just looked like a real place with some CGI'd pokemon inserted, but who knows. Maybe it's just really good graphics.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:04 am

Also .
Totes getting a U battle sim guys. Also that was adorable <3 also: it's not an arena. So... Story mode? And it was also the end of it, like, the climax... So... Dare I say it... First Party????
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm pretty damn sure the thing at the end of the trailer is gonna be a Wii U Pokémon game. And if it is... HOLY CRAP THOSE GRAPHICS LOOK AMAZING

also... It's not a new anime after all. It's "Pokémon: The Origin", sort of a one-off special about Red going through Kanto, that will apparently showcase him getting his starter, his battle with Brock AND the final one against Champion Green. Which is sad since I was really hyped up and all, (Gela, Nelly and Drega are living proof) but hey.

Also, abilities of some Pokémon revealed: "Litleo has the Unnerve ability, Helioptile has the Dry Skin ability, and Sylveon has the Cute Charm ability."

also yeaaaah i cant see a fire/fighting getting psybeam. I COULD see a fire/psychic getting a not-fighting punching move, though.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:04 pm

its sad its not pokespe the anime which totally needs to happen though still will be good
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:18 pm

pokemon special the anime would be pretty awesome, to be honest.

i'm glad fennekin is fire/psy because i think that's a cool combination.

regardless, i think seeing red's journey through kanto would be awesome.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:28 am

AWWW COOL DRY SKIN HELIOPTILE! I hope it's evolution is usable, I'd love it if it could be the successor to my Eelektross! Because Power Creep is definitely a thing that is happening and short of some crazy hood moves Eelektross is going to go from barely-usable to not-using-at-all.

P.S. hoping for a new tier this gen. Because while Smogon's tiers are 90% good, the OU guys are picked - and banned - based solely on usage in the OU tier. This creates a problem wherein certain pokemon who are good only in OU and not in other tiers are not allowed in lower tiers, particularly weather sweepers. Which means a lot of suspect testing, but I increasingly dislike the OU meta but still want to use things like Toxicroak and Vaporeon Sad aaargh it's all gamefreak's fault for having a terribly terribly imbalanced metagame.

Totes not partaking in animu discussions. Or ones about psychic fire foxes.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:22 am

heres the official explanation of tiers
if it is a legendary then its uber else who the fuck cares its not like youll ever use something besides uber in tournaments if you can well your screwed
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:47 pm

i don't think tournaments appeal to me. i like playing against friends and all, but being serious about winning in pokemon seems kind of silly to me.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:48 pm

I had a decent reply to this but my browser ate it and I am lazy. Basically:

Tournaments are fun.

Only I dressed it up in typical D_what fashion, several interrelated points, examples given, reasoning, other opinions, summaries, maybe a few retroactive clarifications that nobody of sound mind could possibly disagree with after some consideration, you know, the usual.
So yes. I am glad you now all agree with my premise. Gosh, don't you just love tournaments?

I think it ended with a mspa also. I'll put another one here too.
mspa
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:46 pm

i still don't like tournaments. I like being competitive for fun, but not for winning.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Dude...!

You can't disagree with me NOW!

my answer was in "typical D_what fashion"! If you go around disagreeing with me the world will end!!
SRS!!!
Do the basic laws of physics phorums mean nothing to you??? It's like OJ disliking news or Nelly suddenly appearing from nowhere or Spark seeming adorable when missleboon is around! !! Without these laws SOCIETY ITSELF collapses, possibly even before the world ends!#!!!

*note: missleboon was an honest to god typo, I kid you not.*
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:59 pm

I don't dislike ALL new, just, like, 99% of them mspa
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:37 pm

99 point 9 repeating, you mean.

D_, i disagree with you a lot. i think you're more of a competitive person than i am. or something. i don't really care why. i just know that our opinions differ on lots of things. doesn't mean the world's going to end.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:30 pm

d_what wrote:Do the basic laws of physics phorums mean nothing to you??? It's like OJ disliking news or Nelly suddenly appearing from nowhere or Spark seeming adorable when misslebarn is around!!! Without these laws SOCIETY ITSELF collapses, possibly even before the world ends!#!!!
Ooh, what laws of phorums am I a part of? Tell me i need to know >:V

Is it that I can't go for any more than three to four updates of a Let's Play without stopping for a month or longer? Is it that every time someone says something factually incorrect, I have to step in and correct them? Is it that I am so indecisive about whether or not to join things, I regret my decision every single time, whether I chose to join or not join?
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:35 pm

You regret joining this forum? D:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:43 pm

i like to think that one of the laws of phorums is that there's always at least one chaotic neutral forumer and i'm kind of that person here.

oh whoops i meant i hope you don't regret joining this forum
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:46 pm

if your the chaotic neutral then who is the lawful evil overseer
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:49 pm

kotakun wrote:if your the chaotic neutral then who is the lawful evil overseerlord
Ahem?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:50 pm

Well um

i guess

forums are exempt from that??? I wasn't thinking of them when I wrote that, I was thinking of stuff like that pokèsburb rp, and the secret santa.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Oh, am i supposed to be lawful evil?

...i don't really care to be.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 pm

Oh, okay, that's good to know Smile

P.S.: I am 100% Lawful Evil, just putting that out there
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:03 pm

in all honesty i am true neutral in my day-to-day life but sometimes i get a little chaotic or a little good or a little evil. second-closest alignment for me would be chaotic good.

and i guess, since we're getting off-topic here, that we should talk about how alignments work in pokemon

like how I hope team flare and their megavolutions are lawful evil because lawful evil villains are probably the most fun villains. An organized crime team shouldn't be chaotic evil, because that'd be dumb. And neutral evil is like the guy who's just a dick.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next