Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 28 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Until someone actually translates the text for that image for us, I'm going to assume it's been taken out of context. Would I like to see many of these get Mega Evolutions? Sure. But nothing in that picture tells me that these are the Pokémon that are going to get Mega Evolutions, or even that this picture is official at all. One thing about this picture that strikes me as strange and indicates that it might be a fake: all of the pseudo-legendaries are pictured, except for Hydreigon. It's very odd that only one would be left out like that. It could be nothing, but it's definitely an indication to investigate a little harder.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 28 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by kotakun Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:11 pm

the top text translates as unlock the secrets of mega evolution nothing wrong there

then the region texts translate as kanto japan pokemon johto pokemon hoenn pokemon sinnoh pokemon and isshu region pokemon i dont think its real
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Another indication that it's probably fake: it shows Zangoose but not Seviper. They're supposed to be (roughly) evenly matched, so it's odd that only one would get a Mega Evolution. Like I said, I'd be interested in seeing many of the Pokémon in the image get Mega Evolutions, but it just gets fishier by the minute.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:47 pm

HEY on a completely different subject look the preview for the next pokémon smash

so im pretty sure were gonna get starter evos, and the mewtwo.... ...Another Mega Evolution?
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:48 pm

On the one hand, FINALLY! On the other, Mewtwo gets another Mega Evolution? Please let this just be trolling.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:00 pm

wasnt that one of the things in the really old leak that there were two megamewtwos
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:07 pm

I didn't see anything about starter evos being announced, it seemed more like they were saying that the starters would get megavolutions.

But hey, I'm probably wrong, I know absolutely no Japanese.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Well, they only showed the three starters and then a shocked face, so all we really know about it is that theres some sort of reveal regarding the starters. And I could easily see them like, pulling the thingity with the the starters off and revealing pictures of their evolutions in the same places.

Plus, if they revealed the starters mega evolving, then they'd practically HAVE to show their normal evolutions as well, unless they somehow didn't show the transformations. And even then, just seeing a mega evolution would at least give us a pretty good idea on what they're gonna be like normally.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:31 pm

the starters are going to megaevolve
into what who knows not us were not gonna show you so tough luck there
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:37 pm

It's not like it'll be that big a surprise if the Kalos starters get Mega Evolutions. The starters are always the face of the current generation, alongside the version mascots and a couple other fan-favorites, so it makes sense that they'd showcase this new mechanic. Not to mention, that whole "one Mega per team" restriction is a whole lot more important if you're guaranteed to have two possible Megas to pick from, since we know you get a Kanto starter with (presumably) relatively little hassle.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:10 pm

vd your rad translatin' skillz are needed again :apple:

seems people have been branding every image with oddball pokemon from each gen as "list of mega evos"...
while i prefer to view most all of these kinds of things as fake, i'm going to point out that the missing seviper isn't necessarily a disqualifier.
reason being mantyke and mantine vs. [nonexistent 'mon] and skarmory; they've ignored pokemon pairs before.
though i do find it odd that only 3/5 gens get legends with mega-evos. similarly, gen5 is the only one without a pseudo-legedary.
although, if zangoose gets a mega evo but seviper doesn't ,i will be very sad.
in which i treat the image as authentic:
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 28 9706948278_0445026856_oPokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 28 9706948318_13a19decd4_oPokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 28 9706948340_f05750015a_oPokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 28 9706948364_bdc59be35e_oPokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 28 9706948384_0c1645e1e1_oPokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 28 9706948402_ab12548b11_o
Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 28 9706952930_7b0620e602_o
Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 28 9706952950_c75aa63ef2_o
wELL LOOK WHO GOT A BUNCH OF THEM RIGHT
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:28 pm

I think the image at http://phantasmaldexterity.tumblr.com/post/60665253152/peabug-yiq-spaceslut-kyurem-what is probably fake, mainly because the real Nintendo things NEVER spell "Kanto" with kanji, and this one does.

The other regions and the release date seem to be printed right, and the heading is fairly reasonable (I mean, I can tell that it at least intends to say "Unlock the secrets of Mega Evolution"), with just one problem: I'm not sure if anybody uses "ロックを解除" figuratively to mean "unlock" or not. I'd suspect not, though, since that expression seems only to be used for locks implemented on computer-hardware-type things (and I dunno, maybe bikes and stuff too).

tl;dr: the Japanese doesn't seem quite right, so I think it's fake.
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Location : Guys just so you know I am basically NEVER on here. I only really go on the Skype now.

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:34 pm

i think my favorite mistake is isshu region pokemon because we werent smart enough to figure out you were talking about what unova in pokemon you had to specify that it was the region
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:47 pm

The difference between the Mantine/Skarmory and Zangoose/Seviper duos is that Zangoose and Seviper have lore behind them: they're canonically rivals that despise each other and are supposed to be on equal footing. Mantine and Skarmory just have comparable stat distributions, with no in-universe relationship between them. Game Freak has been known to make counterparts diverge, but they have never messed with any pairs that have an explicit relationship. If Kyogre got a Mega Evolution but Groudon didn't, or vice versa, something would clearly be wrong.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:18 am

Man, Imma be pissed if they do mega forms of all the legendaries that were already way too powerful.

That said, mega Jirachi needs to happen.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:03 am

Dregadude wrote:Man, Imma be pissed if they do mega forms of all the legendaries that were already way too powerful.

That said, mega Jirachi needs to happen.
As long as it doesn't have serene grace. Jirachi is, while not considered uber, incredibly annoying to play against.

Also what is even going on on pokemon smash? That show is weird.
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:01 am

Sorry to bump the news thread, but it begins! Corocoro is leaking as I type, though mostly text, no scans.
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:41 am

Oh my God oh my god

I love this leak!!!!
Steel may be losing two of its resistances!!!
And fairy resists bug!!! Take THAT mega scizor! (Inb4 bullet punch)
So happy

Edit: I was thinking about Freeze skin. Obviously it's a great offensive type, and better if FS boosts moves, but I hope fossil thingy has a movepool to make use of it. It'll still be walled by steel types of course, since it can't use coverage moves. Except...
Ice type toxic!! Awww yeah!
Shame it's also rock though. Because it can't make use of rock STAB but gets all its weaknesses. On the other hand... Dare I suggest it?
Ice type stealth rock
...could that even be a thing???
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:49 am

d_what wrote:Edit: I was thinking about Freeze skin. Obviously it's a great offensive type, and better if FS boosts moves, but I hope fossil thingy has a movepool to make use of it. It'll still be walled by steel types of course, since it can't use coverage moves. Except...
Ice type toxic!! Awww yeah!
Shame it's also rock though. Because it can't make use of rock STAB but gets all its weaknesses. On the other hand... Dare I suggest it?
Ice type stealth rock
...could that even be a thing???
Seemingly Freeze Skin only effects normal type moves, so Return and stuff. I really hope it doesn't end up a defensive mon though, but with the T-Rex being the obvious choice for offensive...

Also we have the starters middle evos. The Froakie master race have been rewarded for their wisdom and loyalty in the form of a sleek smug looking cool guy, the Fennekin supporters have been granted a bipedal fox with a broomstick tail, and those who decided on Chespin... have been tossed Mr Resetti in a pikachu fat suit.
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:09 am

Yeah, I'm definitely going with Froakie. I guess I'll snag that Bulbasaur from Sycamore as well, for a balanced team. Also, I know one Pokémon I'm transferring up from Black 2 at the very least. Okay, I was already planning to, but now I have even more incentive. Anyways, other stuff: I'm not sure about Fennekin and Chespin's evolutions. Also, I thought for sure Torimian (the dog-like Pokémon we spotted in the video a while ago) would be an Absol pre-evolution. Guess I was wrong there. It's interesting that Nyaonikusu has different movepools depending on gender. Does this mean its male and female forms are going to get their own Pokédex numbers like the Nidorans? And we officially know Fairy's type matchups now. Sorry, Sableye and Spiritomb, you've got a weakness now.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:15 am

Spark, I am so, so sorry.

Brb naming my next garchomp "ban masochist"
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:44 am

oh god chespin evo is so wrong nice joke now wheres its real evo
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:53 am

Well, these are only their middle forms, which are usually the awkward teenage stages. If you don't like them, you won't have to deal with them for long.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:58 am

^this. Stage 1's rarely even approximate their stage 2 starter's badassery. There are WAY more rules than exceptions here, too.
Also Chespin's obviously based on a chestnut/conker, and everyone knows what happens when... Oh wait you guys in the US don't play conkers. ANYWAY they're small soft skinned round green seeds that grow and grow and get spiky, and then eventually they fall off the tree, crack, and the shells become super spiny and tough and brown and the nut inside is rock-hard. So far, chespin hasn't fallen off the metaphorical tree - final chespin is going to have some REALLY badass armour, and appropriate defense and atk, see if he doesn't.

And when have second stages ever mattered anyway... Grovyle eventually perhaps.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next