Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 29 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:00 am

Oh right, a couple things I forgot. First, it's definitely looking like Fennekin won't become a Fire/Fighting type. And the fandom rejoiced. Second, what the hell Game Freak, still no Oorotto?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 29 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by d_what Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:18 am

Just to clarify my position on chespin eventually being cool (besides shelgon/whirlipede similarities)

https://www.google.ie/search?q=chestnut+conker&safe=off&client=ms-android-google&rlz=1Y3TXLS_enIE523IE523&espv=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sboxchip=Images&sa=X&ei=wHkwUtH-NqOV7AayqYCgAQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=384&bih=519

Now tell me they're not what chespin is based on. And those things are rock hard and /sharp/.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:19 am

So Chespin is related to Ferroseed and Ferrothorn.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:47 am

Not really, only look-wise. One's a fruit, the other is a stony nut, and anyway they're separate species.

I hope it has usably high speed though, and isn't a torterra. High Def and Atk doesn't have to mean slow... 'Wrecking-ball" style, y'know? Also this gen dark is a predominantly offensive type, Chespin can't afford to be too slow.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:38 pm

So who else wants to bet that blue cat dude (TM) is Espurr?
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Everyone except those who think it's meowstick. There's no way those leaks were not legit, except for minor inaccuracies.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:58 pm

well
umm

i dont like chespins middle evo that much ill be honest

BUT ive still got hope that it becomes an awesome knight since it IS in its awkward teenager form

and i do still plan on using it anyways

also i like the nyanonynianynoanyanyonikusu looks cool

and I KNOW WHICH FOSSIL IM GETTING ALREADY

also i like that the other mewtwo form is y-exclusive, i like it better anyways cause it looks slimmer
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Chespin.
Shell smash.

Deal breaker!
(And also not gonna happen)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:16 pm

GUYS.

remember that rumor a while ago about knight mage and thief starters and all

well i just went to check and

YEP

THE NAMES OF THE STARTERS' EVOLUTIONS ARE IN THERE

AND SO IS NYANYNOYNANYOKUSU'S

...and... dedennes actually??? wow

so... list confirmed i guess

cant find the full one though cause pokejungles down right now or something
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:30 pm

d_what wrote:Chespin.
Shell smash.

Deal breaker!
(And also not gonna happen)
Shell Smash, Defense Curl, Rollout.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Yeah, midevo!Chespin looks really dumb. I definitely like Froakie's evo, and is... that a stick poking out of Fennekin's evo's tail...? I... don't know what to think of that.

New fossil T-rex guy is pretty dumb looking I think, but the other one looks really cool. Might sway my X/Y decision depending on which version it goes into.

OMG MEGA GARCHOMP IS BADASS

looks EXACTLY like a kaiju
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:18 pm

well fossils havent really been version-exclusive outside of gen 4 so...? also i like the t-rex :c

and im already warming up to hariboogu though its still not what i expected
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:39 pm

I like the t-rex design. It's just... I can't see it being anything besides a Haxorus/Rampardos knock-off. Unless it's lower jaw gets HUGE and really heavy and then it starts getting defensive boosts.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but...do the new type matchups mean I don't have to change my Toxicroak's movepool to still maintain neutral coverage??

Swords Dance
Ice Punch
Sucker Punch (regular against steel now woooh, ineffective against fairies)
Drain Punch (ineffective against fairies)

And as a poison type it's one of the few fighting (lucario et al, infernape et al) types without a fairy weakness right? Still can't take on a Gardevoir, (weak, also now neutral to SP) and Mawile might KO me through sheer power alone, but I think I'm okay??

Also someone pointed out to me that we now have a 100% counter to Kingdra in Azumarill. Wooh. Azumarill for OU? Almost certain. Rain hasn't got a single nerf yet.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:50 pm

so, um, everyone's talking about this stuff and that's great and all but
ummmm
nobody's posted any kind of link
guys you are my #1 news resource so stop being lazy and making me look things up myself >:I
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Since you're feeling oh so lazy, muffinz. That link will work for pretty much any current Pokémon news. Now you have no excuse.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Dregadude wrote:Yeah, midevo!Chespin looks really dumb. I definitely like Froakie's evo, and is... that a stick poking out of Fennekin's evo's tail...? I... don't know what to think of that.
It's a broomstick, the twig is the handle.

...Whoah, Fennekin might be able to learn fly in its final form!
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:22 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:Since you're feeling oh so lazy, muffinz. That link will work for pretty much any current Pokémon news. Now you have no excuse.
well you're too late now i already found it on blubapedia >:I

soooo um
those starter evolutions
sure are
a thing
so: chespinvolution is a green and brown pignite with chespin's face
fennevolution is a (bipedal) smug fancy lady with tongues coming out of her ears
(who for some reason i want to name after angel starr)
and froakievolution is a smug skinny dude who is basically froakie except taller and thinner and with some dark blue highlights, and he doesn't look anything like benjamin franklin
i don't know how i feel about all this.

the probably-meowstic is actually kinda neat though
it's not was i was excpecting at all
but it's a pretty nice design
when i get x/y i'm totally going to get one and name it maya
"meowstic maya"
yessssssss
(can you tell what game i've been playing lately)

i'm really glad garchomp got a mega form, it totally needed the boost
i mean, didn't you see how it was totally failing in the metagame?
sand force should help with its mediocre attack stat, too
it's ridiculously overdesigned though so i have a hard time taking it seriously
look at all those useless decorative spikes
i wonder how it can fight without impaling itself

wow jeez look at those dinnosaurs
the brown one has the legs of kangaskhan, the body shape of cranidos, and almost the head of druddigon

fluffy goat dude's cool
i like 'im alright
very fluffy
fluffy things are nice
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:27 pm

And that's muffinz everybody!

*round of applause*

So guys. Lets pretend (because it won't happen) that all the current megas besides Mewtwo are available in story mode. Which one would you be most likely to have on your team?
Correct answer (lol): Absol! Dark offense is fierce this gen. Especially (and sort of only if there's a lot of fairies...) if it gets a physical fairy move too. I don't see that happening though. Parting shot/Swords Dance/Sucker Punch/Physical Fairy = winrar. Also I've always liked Absol Smile
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:29 pm

Are we pretending that Mega Blaziken is obtainable without an event then?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:33 pm

megamagikarp
we all know that its going to be revealed so just stop beating around the bush and choose the best one forever
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Yup, I already had an Absol and it needed the boost. It was hardly useable competitively since it was so easy to kill and didn't get enough kills itself even if it was lucky.

Spark the reason I don't like the T-rex is because I remember them saying they wouldn't do a flat-out T-rex Pokemon and instead design some of the lesser-known prehistoric animals. T-rex just seems lazy to me, and we already have enough bipedal dinosaur-looking things.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Yeah, we already have Cranidos and Rampardos, so a T-rex fossil Pokémon just seems lazy, especially since they've managed to avoid major overlap with the fossils up until now.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:04 pm

oh
my
Gekogashira...
yes please
very yes.

Some major leakage.
So the relation between Fairy and Poison was correct.
As well as between Dark and Fairy.
Steel loses two resistances.

New pokemon.

Also also, does this mean that the two MegaMewtwo are gonna be version exclusives?
Or was that already confirmed and I missed it?
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:07 pm

cranidos and rampardos are a pachycephalosaur

chigorasu (and presumably its evolution) is a t-rex

oh no theyre both bipedal dinosaurs with completely different bodies and different types and focuses on how-they-attack

seriously theyre pretty different outside of being bipedal dinosaurs

and i dont remember them ever saying that drega???? plus i mean like 1 out of what 11 or something is a t-rex the rest are completely different prehistoric animals

also on a totally unrelated subject thoughts on the whole "ash probably traveling with clemont and serena" thing? i like both characters but since clemont is most likely an electric type leader we might just see an electric type owned by a main character that isnt actually a pikaclone

.....also² i wonder how will you customize torimian? like, where or something

EDIT: yeah the leak says that the new form (like new new) is x-exclusive and the old form (old new, the one in the movie) is y, in the way that you only get the megastone for that form in that game id imagine
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Okay, here goes: Othermewthree looks significantly better then the one we saw before. If I had seen it first I would have thought it looked a bit odd but at least it looks like freaking Mewtwo.

The starter evolutions aren't that big a deal, since the start and the end form are usually the most important. I know Captain won't be happy to hear this but I never really liked how Combusken looked. That didn't change the fact that Blaziken was the most awesome starter in my opinion. In other words, while second stage chespin looks pretty stupid, that says nothing about its last stage. And honestly, the Froggy one isn't great looking, you people just love it because it's the least stupid looking.
I don't like any of the new pokemon they revealed.
I am positivly surprised by Megagarchomp though. Scythearms are always awesome and that chim is manly AS HECK! It's amusing to me that Charizard gets weird arm thingies when it megaevolves while Garchomp loses it's weird arm thingies.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next