Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 30 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure why they revealed MegaMewtwo Y first. I think MegaMewtwo X's design would have gone down a lot better with the fanbase, and since X is the "first" version, it would be pretty easy to justify. Of course, they made a lot of weird decisions about MegaMewtwo ("Really guys, it's a new Pokémon, honest!").
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 30 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by Dregadude Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:20 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure why they revealed MegaMewtwo Y first. I think MegaMewtwo X's design would have gone down a lot better with the fanbase, and since X is the "first" version, it would be pretty easy to justify. Of course, they made a lot of weird decisions about MegaMewtwo ("Really guys, it's a new Pokémon, honest!").
Yup. Although its ridgy limbs are kind of weirding me out tbh.

Plus, in both forms, why did they cut the tail length in half? I loved how long its tail was.

Spark, my guess is the electric Gym leader's main will be the Helioptile evolution. (which had better be awesome looking)

OJ stfu Froakie evo looks lean and mean and really cool considering how derpy Froakie looks.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:25 pm

I don't think Froakie looks that derpy, but its evolution definitely looks cool. Chespin's evolution is derpy to the max, but I guess I've always felt Chespin was kind of derpy, so we're pretty much par for the course. Anyways, now I'm not sure which version I want to get more. I like MegaMewtwo X and Clauncher, but also Spritzee and Yveltal. I don't know which to pick. HURRY UP AND REVEAL ALL THE VERSION EXCLUSIVES, GAME FREAK.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:26 pm

Froakies evolution looks a bit stretched to me, but alright.

And I don't know if showing Mewtwo X first would have been better. I think someone said Mewtwo X is Psychic/Fighting plus it DOES look a bit odd. Maybe they showed Mewtwo Y first in the hopes that Mewtwo X looks better in comparision. (Which it totally does)

Kind of like you sometimes tell the worst new first because then everything else doesn't seem as bad.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:30 pm

I had to do a Google search to remind myself what Spritzee was, and I found this.

Spoiler:

You're welcome.

Still, I really like Clauncher, Xerneas, and Mega Mewtwo X, so I think I'll be choosing X.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Exactly the thing I wanted to say, OJ.

OverlordJ wrote:Froakies evolution looks a bit stretched to me, but alright.
OverlordJ wrote:a bit stretched
OverlordJ wrote:stretched
wah? How?
We now almost next to nothing about them, how could anything be stretched??

So far X has way cooler exclusives. Not like that would change anything cause I preordered X like 3 months ago.

Also, that Spritzee manip.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:36 pm

oh god i found more, halp

Spoiler:
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:37 pm

I mean its body looks stretched.

Froakie is short and looks like a normal frog.

Gekogashira has a much longer body and head and everything
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:40 pm

Like that's stopped Game Freak before. Case in point: Spheal. Sometimes the designs are going to deform the basic shape of whatever animal they're based off of. It's not necessarily a bad thing.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:44 pm

well that's not a good example since oj has in the past specifically stated that he hates spheal because it deforms the basic shape of the animal it's based off of
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Why can't we call it artistic license and be done with it? These are Pokemon, not animals. They have every right to be different and silly.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:47 pm

Exactly. I don't know of any animals that have electric plugs for heads, and yet we have Elekid, who we all accept (as far as I know).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:49 pm

OverlordJ wrote:I mean its body looks stretched.
Ah. I see.

SERIOUSLY????
As the others said, these are pokemon not real animals.
I think now you're just saying stuff for the sake of saying stuff.

But anyway, here, a real life frog with similar proportions.
Spoiler:
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Sheesh, all I said was that Froakies evolution doesn't look that good and that I think that people only like it so much because the other two look so much worse.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:52 pm

You're still wrong about that; Froakie's was the first I saw, and I thought it looked cool when I first saw it. The fact that Chespin's is at least a kilo-derp and Fennekin's is kind of awkward is irrelevant.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:01 pm

Very well.

And for the others, let me explain a few things:

1) I think animals that are forced into geometrical shapes look weird. No matter if it's a cube or a sphere.

2) Being based on a deformed animal doesn't NEED to mean that the Pokemon looks weird.

3) Being based on an animal that wasn't deformed doesn't NEED to mean that it DOESN'T look weird. Face it, there are some really weird looking animals out there. Maybe it's just me, but those thin frog DO look weird to me.

4) Why are so many of you making such a big deal out of this? Sheesh...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:03 pm

We probably should lay off of OJ now, guys. He's entitled to his own opinion just like the rest of us. And since he wasn't planning on getting the games in the first place, it's not a huge deal if he doesn't like any of the new Pokémon.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:07 pm

THANK YOU!
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:17 pm

No. OJ is our friend and therefor we can't let him have bad, nonsense opinions.

amps

I personally don't find any animals weird looking. At least I think I don't.
But definitely not frogs.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:18 pm

This seems like the appropriate moment to find weird looking animal images in an attempt to make pD eat his words, guys!! Have at thee!

I'd do it myself but I'm tired and the first person to repost that sea slug thing gets such a kicking
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 30 Shark

And let's not even start posting images of other seacreatures...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:33 pm

Guys.
Shoebills. Ever seen a David Attenborough on Shoebills? They are F'ing creepy. Massive birds that move like stalkery, jigsaw-esque puppets, you know, the kind on the Muppet show that had really freaky designs that were honestly kinda scary. And they watch as their kids kill each other. Give them a Google; I guarantee they're twice as creepy when seen moving in high-def.

Or the blob fish.

Or the coconut crab.

Or the proboscis monkey...
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:04 pm

oh man poison is about to become one of my favorite types

I really liked it before but it's so underpowered.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:17 pm

dude
what's wrong with coconut crabs
coconut crabs are great

also blobfish aren't really weird looking
well
normally they aren't
that famous picure of one that looks like a mr. saturn?
yeah no, that one only looks like that because it's collapsed thanks to being taken out of water
normally they look just like any other fish except a bit round i guess

i've never even heard of proboscis monkeys at all though
never heard about shoebills either
well i may have heard the name once or twice but i haven't heard anything about them
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Hanky Panky wrote:oh man poison is about to become one of my favorite types

I really liked it before but it's so underpowered.
I am SO happy that Poison is getting de-nerfed and Steel is getting nerfed.

I mean, Steel was one of my favorite types, but that was only because it was so hard to kill, especially in early game when there's like one Fighting type and one Fire type.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next