Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 35 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Really? Frogadier looks more Dark to me than Fighting. And if Quilladin is named for a Paladin, I find it highly unlikely that it would become the type that's literally named Evil in Japanese. Although Quilladin does look more like it would become a Ground type than either of those (it does learn Mud Shot...).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 35 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:02 pm

The sorta immunities are really annoying. I mean, I guess I get why ghosts can't be trapped but the rest? It made sort of sense when electric can't be paralized with electricity but why can't they be paralized by plant spores anymore?
And on that matter, why would plants be immune to all the spore attacks?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:10 pm

Paralysis is often treated as sort of an electric thing, though it can be inflicted through non-eletric means

In a way, think of the Fire Ice and Lightning trio: Fire has Burn, Ice has Freeze and Lightning Paralysis, it's sort of the "counterpart" to it.

And the spores is because it is the "grass thing", aka the spores and seeds. I really wouldn't doubt if they like, actually made all of the "typed" inflictions not work on their types, just like Fire-types can't be burned.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:27 pm

I've actually never been a fan of the "Fire types can't get burned" thing either.

I guess it can't be helped, all I'm saying is that I think that's a really bad idea.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Well, it makes sense. Fire types create fire all the time, and most of them either live in it or have it as part of their bodies. It would be very strange if they could get burned (since we don't have the equivalent of chemical burns in the games).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:35 pm

We have freeze burns though...

(IIRC)

EDIT: Indeed we do, though I admit that it's the signature move of a legendary, so I guess you might not count it
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:54 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
I guess it can't be helped, all I'm saying is that I think that's a really bad idea.
OJ, I say this as an internet friend.
You never need to explicitly say that in your posts. Really really. *pat pat*

/ends thread
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:34 pm

I like the type immunities! I think it gives the types character, and it makes a lot of sense that electric types can't be paralyzed.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:03 pm

So, female Pyroark seem to have stolen Pidgeot's hairstyle. (featherstyle?) Interesting. Also Tyrunt's name is hilarious.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:05 pm

I like to think of Tyrunt as a baby T-rex Caliborn. It just popped into my head.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:20 pm

i am the baby t-rex caliborn its me

And yeah actually female Pyroar's mane looks like Pidgeot's headfeatherthingities
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Why is everyone saying Pyroark it's Pyroar???? Unless it's a pun on the CAP which I get but still
Okay, so on previous images of Furfrou I couldn't see his eyes which is why I thought he was a llama, but I like him SO much more now that I can. Fur Coat is ridiculously OP.
I think it's weird that Meowstic is this one, I thought it would be Espurr. To me Meowstic just doesn't look like an evolved form.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:35 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:Why is everyone saying Pyroark it's Pyroar???? Unless it's a pun on the CAP which I get but still
Okay, so on previous images of Furfrou I couldn't see his eyes which is why I thought he was a llama, but I like him SO much more now that I can. Fur Coat is ridiculously OP.
I think it's weird that Meowstic is this one, I thought it would be Espurr. To me Meowstic just doesn't look like an evolved form.
To the first part, I have no clue but they need to stop. To Fur Coat being OP, like Huge Power isn't?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Azumarill has an attack stat of 50.
Oh well, I suppose Furfrou/his evolution will have abysmal Defense to make up for it.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:44 pm

I doubt its stats are anything to write home about. It looks like it's Gen VI's gimmick Pokémon. It probably won't even get an evolution.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:59 pm

Female Pyroar actually looks much better then the male version.

But I have to say, so far, I am not all that interessted in the new Pokemons they revealed.

With the fact that Litleo doesn't evolve into a Fire/Dark Manticore Pokemon, the only Pokemons I am interested in so far are the starters, Noivern and the possible evolution of Spritzee, since I hope it evolves into a Pokemon that isn't a shame to Plague Doctors...

All other Pokemons show so far are "okay" at best to me...
(That's not counting MegaEvolutions, I only mean actual new Pokemons)
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:00 pm

I'm also hoping for a badass evolution for Spritzee. AND HOW DARE YOU SAY INKAY IS OKAY AT BEST INKAY IS AWESOME AND ADORABLE END OF STORY
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Inkay is only okay because I don't like the fact that it's evolution is an upside down squid. Inkay itself is adorable but it's evolution ruined it for me.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:13 pm

whaaat who cares if its not a manticore its a fucking MAJESTIC lion of fire and roars
its easily one of my favorite kalos pokémon so far

ALSO I really want to see what Helioptile evolves into now, and I also really hope it's a cool electric dragon (though i probably wont use it if eevees are a thing pre-league)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:14 pm

It's possible, but I suspect unlikely, given Litleo evolved into another Fire/Normal type.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:22 pm

An electro dragon would be badass. Good job Sparky, you just doomed Helioptile to the same fate as Litleo for me, in that it's evolution probably won't be as cool as it could have been.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:27 pm

UNTIL WE SEE AN ICE/NORMAL I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THERES ANY RELATION BETWEEN THEM

which in turn lets me wish its normal typing changes

though seeing another fire ice and lightning trio with no "obvious" relation but that still seem to be connected in a way would be cool

kinda like electabuzz, magmar and jynx, though they broke that one in gen 4

i mean the pansimis dont count cause they look so much alike its obvious theyre a trio
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:32 pm

I wasn't trying to imply that there was a relationship between Litleo and Helioptile. My logic was more that Litleo had a lot of potential for its evolution, so if Pyroar kept its Normal typing, then Helioptile doesn't stand much of a chance if it evolves.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:58 pm

I decided to make a list with all the new Pokemons and my opinions on them:

List:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:06 pm

i still love malamar's japanese name to no end seriously unintentional puns are the best specially when they actually sort of make sense
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next