Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 36 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by Dregadude Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Imagine how cool it would have been if Litleo evolved into a Fire/Dark that was in a Zangoose/Seviper type relationship with a Fairy.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 36 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:10 pm

OJ, are you saying that Mawile (confirmed Steel/Fairy) is girly? And if Clauncher should be Water/Bug, then so should Krabby and Corphish; they're all crustaceans, after all.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:25 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:OJ, are you saying that Mawile (confirmed Steel/Fairy) is girly? And if Clauncher should be Water/Bug, then so should Krabby and Corphish; they're all crustaceans, after all.
I ESPECIALLY SAID that I was only talking about NEW Pokemon and NOT about Megaforms. And as a matter of fact, I don't like MegaMawile to much.

And the reason why it should have been a bug was that not to long ago we were working on a fan game (well, sort of working) and we all decided that a pistolshrimp Bug/Water type Pokemon would be awesome. I'm not saying that all crustaceans should be bug/water, especially the ones based on bigger things, like lobsters and crabs, but shrimps are perfect for Bug/Water.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:28 pm

I was talking about normal Mawile, not Mega Mawile, and I was only offering it up as a counterexample to your argument that Xerneas is the only non-girly Fairy type.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:33 pm

1) Wait, when did it get confirmed? I knew it's Megaform was Steel/Fairy type but I didn't know they confirmed they changed the normal Mawile

2) While it doesn't exactly look girly, it DOES look feminine, which is completly okay but still...

3) Again, I was only talking about new Pokemons, Mawile isn't anymore girly then Gardevoir is but both of them are old Pokemon who got their type changed.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:36 pm

It got confirmed when Mega Mawile was posted on the official site. And you stated pretty clearly that Xerneas was the only non-girly Fairy type, not that it was the only new non-girly Fairy type.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:39 pm

I thought it was pretty clear that I was only talking about the new Pokemons but okay:

I was only talking about the new Pokemons
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:33 pm

willPowered wrote:
phantasmalDexterity wrote:
d_what wrote:Chespin confirmed for knight!
huh?
maybe my english skills suck, but what was the confirmation.

Some cool screenshots. So many customization options.

Also, we're getting closer to find out which fossil is Spark.
Quilladin: Quill - Palladin

Also the types seemingly have gained some abstract immunities.
Grass is immune to poison powder, sleep powder, stun spore and spore.
Electric is immune to all forms of paralyze, not just from thunder wave.
Ghost is immune to trapping moves.
Just to be a nitpicky motherfucker

Quill + PALADIN

Palladium has two Ls
Paladin has one.

Edit: It's a damn shame the Chespin line doesn't get three wishes. :3
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Well, y'all know me, I can't turn down an opportunity for a good list.

New porkymans:

Mega Evolutions:

invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:10 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:Well, y'all know me, I can't turn down an opportunity for a good list.

[...]

Spritzee - I prefer him over Swirlix, but I still don't really like him. What the fuck is he even supposed to be??? (Also shouldn't his name be Spritzy for the X/Y motif???)
It's a mix between a bird and a Plague Doctor. ANd Plague Doctors are basically the coolest things ever, which is why I really hope it evolves into something fucking badass. That said:

Mega Evolutions:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:12 pm

oj with the whole "lose bonus in a solar team" thing i think youre forgeting normal charizards ability is blaze

and thus so would be the charizard you get in game

so yes in most cases (aka ALL OF THEM unless you have a dream world charizard) youd probably want to mega evolve it
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:13 pm

Hanky Panky wrote:
willPowered wrote:
phantasmalDexterity wrote:
d_what wrote:Chespin confirmed for knight!
huh?
maybe my english skills suck, but what was the confirmation.

Some cool screenshots. So many customization options.

Also, we're getting closer to find out which fossil is Spark.
Quilladin: Quill - Palladin

Also the types seemingly have gained some abstract immunities.
Grass is immune to poison powder, sleep powder, stun spore and spore.
Electric is immune to all forms of paralyze, not just from thunder wave.
Ghost is immune to trapping moves.
Just to be a nitpicky motherfucker

Quill + PALADIN

Palladium has two Ls
Paladin has one.

Edit: It's a damn shame the Chespin line doesn't get three wishes. :3
I already pointed this out, although now I'm not sure anyone noticed.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Well DUH! But if you want to use it on a solar team, you'd probably try to get one with it's dreamworld ability. And don't forget, you only need the held item for it to Megaevolve, you don't need to Megaevolve the one you got from the Prof
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:27 pm

yeah but most charizards are probably gonna have blaze, and specially for people who dont bother with the metagame mega evolving it would be pretty useful

so it is more useful than just a plain old charizard, even if not as useful as one with the hidden ability
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:30 pm

(Waits for a retcon explaining that female!Pyroar is Musashi's favourite Pokemon and that's why she decided on that hairstyle, and for her to catch one that then proceeds to ferociously threaten Kojirou whenever he starts to doubt her judgement)

Hmm, I kind of like both forms of Pyroar. I'm not even sure which one I like better.

I'm disappointed Furfrou was just a plain old poodle and not a poodle-hippogriff though. That would have been crazy awesome. XD
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Location : Guys just so you know I am basically NEVER on here. I only really go on the Skype now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:33 pm

female pyroar looks cool, but as i said male pyroar looks simply MAJESTIC. Seriously you can't argue with that, it's one badass lion
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:38 pm

I think it's face looks a bit weird as a male, the female looks much better.

Actually, looking at the official art, it doesn't look to bad, I just find the 3D graphic a bit odd apparently...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:49 pm

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 36 Tumblr_mt03le7Sr61sqiy2ho1_1280
STAT TRANSLATION:
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:56 am

at first I was all GODDAMMIT

but then I went FUCK YEAH
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:01 am

I have decided.

I do not want to know what Quilladin, Flabebe, Bunnelby, Skrelp, or Helioptile evolve into, because they're the ones I'm most likely to use, I think. Don't even know if Flabebe will evolve at all... And I've no fire type. Might go with Torchic but then ehhh two starters and what if Quilladin is a fighting type? Spark, you're in charge of telling me whether I should go with Chespin or not, since you're suitably optimistic. OJ, you're in charge of telling me why I'm right not to go with the other two. For... Reasons. All other evolutions but maybe not new pokemon are fair-game spoiler wise, and I kinda want to know how many evolutions and types Helioptile gets.

I kinda hope that Bunnelby is somewhere between Lopunny and Excadrill/Galaxy's Monty Mole looks-wise. I'll be happy then. And I sorely hope having two potential normal types doesn't backfire...

Bonus: diantha or whatever her name is has a MEGA STONE On her person. Do you know what this means???
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:08 am

I am actually totally optimistic for Chespin but alright Very Happy
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:20 am

Some guys at my local league think that the nearby Toy Store (and also possibly GameStop) will likely sell us the game the day before, I.e, on the Friday :Dapparently they've done it before with 9/10 success rate. Oh man. Can you IMAGINE all the spoilers I would manage to avoid in that time? Hell, I could WRITE the spoilers!

I guess it's not too weird though. Any time a game has come out in the past, Serebii has usually started posting mechanics the day before release because someone got the game, and now that it's an international release, that gives us all the opportunity. Hey OJ. You considering getting a 2DS at any point? (If not, you could get Platinum or HGSS to tide you over. They're fun too.)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:30 am

invisibleTerrarium wrote:Braixen - Jesus I love it. HIS TAIL IS A BROOMSTICK SO HE'S A FIRE FENNEC FOX WITCH AND THEN HE PULLS OUT THE STICK AND USES IT AS A TORCH I JUST
Relevant.

Hmmmmmm.
I might do a list of mine too.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:35 am

I'm fairly busy and it's only going to get worse when the semester actually starts. So my plan for now is just playing around with my Black. I am close to getting my starter to level 100 and I already did some stuff in the battle subway, I'm probably going to breed and stuff like that, too.

Once I'm having more free time I'll probably get one of HGSS, both of my second gen games run out of Battery and I remember enjoying them quite a bit, so this is pretty much perfect. I also kind of want to play one of the other PMD games, since I only ever got to play Red so far.

After all that is done, I *MIGHT* consider giving gen 6 a try. By the time that happens it's likely that pretty much all of it has been spoiled and I can inform myself as much as I want. Because as you know, I'm not really liking gen 6 so far. Maybe something in the game is so great that I want to play it, maybe I only want to play it to trade with some of you guys, I don't know.

I'm definitely not saying there is NO chance that I'll EVER buy it. But definitely not anytime soon.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:03 am

Notable thing about Braixen: it's a magical fox

And it's not a kitsune <3

Gamefreak, my faith in you is restored. Still don't understand why Brigadier is in Frogadier's name though... Unless it isn't?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next