Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

+16
Sharpedo
phantasmalDexterity
cerebralconfinement
Crobat
kotakun
Xaber
ilikeoctopus
Captain
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Dregadude
Spark Eletran
Hanky Panky
d_what
20 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Hoenn starter are you picking?

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 25 I_vote_lcap7%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 25 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 25 I_vote_lcap21%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 25 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 25 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 25 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 25 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 25 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 25 I_vote_lcap43%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 25 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 25 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu May 08, 2014 11:00 pm

I'm probably going with Mudkip, unless Sceptile ends up getting a really awesome Mega Evolution. And this time around, I'll actually have a balanced team! I had no clue what I was doing in original Ruby...
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 25 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by OverlordJ Fri May 09, 2014 2:52 am

Let's see, my Sapphire team was Blaziken, Gardevoir, Linoone, Lombre, Swellow and Aggron, I think? I played Sapphire twice, so I'd need to check to make sure

EDIT::
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri May 09, 2014 6:28 am

I'm not gonna plan a team, but depending on Mega availablility, Swampert, Medicham and possibly Absol are gonna feature. TBH Absol sucks outside of a Mega and I had to carry it through my Y playthough I probably won't use one. Crobat, perhaps.

I wish more items were available in-game for the story. Adding the Burn Orb and Toxic Orb during the game would make it more strategic and encourage the use of Machoke and Swellow and Breloom. Why can't we have nice things Game Freak?? I also hope we get a new set of TMs! The more variety the merrier (and TMs usually change between regions don't they? Wasn't HGSS different from DPPt?).

Also, news, WE'RE GONNA GET SCREENS ON SUNDAY!!!! SO EXCITE, I DIDN'T THINK WE'D GET ANY FOR AGES OH GEEZ
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri May 09, 2014 12:59 pm

what where's your source this is too good to be true
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri May 09, 2014 1:31 pm

the source is the fact they gun be talkin bout it on pokémon getSTARtv and they gun show off footage and its true
aka its serebii
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri May 09, 2014 1:38 pm

I might ditch Absol for Breloom, actually. So long as Technician ones are available.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri May 09, 2014 1:58 pm

ah but you see, i have long come to embrace the thing that the avi does, and have also learned to exploit it. this was entirely purposeful.
it only blocks out like two words :n but i'll change it if it's going to be a problem. not like i drew 13 others or anything hhhhahhahhhahaaa...

new formes on kyogre/groudon seems a little...i dunno, just...odd... in my mind. though i don't really like mega'd legends, i think i'd actually prefer that to random new forms where they just glow more, or whatever else would change about the two. it's so late to be adding on alternate forms...[that hasn't stopped them before though]. i do think some sort of reaction to eachother or rayquaza on the field would be neat though.

OverlordJ wrote:
EDIT: Also, if we get those exclusives then I'd say we'll probably get Megasableye,
[muffled Dan snickering from the shadows]
[terrified shouts from Spark and NN]

wow, screenshots already? that is pretty exciting, though i guess it is somewhat close to the game's release[anything less than 6 months is close in my book]

re:page 25
while i don't have a full living dex, it IS pretty filled out and resting in pokebank, so if you guys need anything towards the shiny charm just let me know.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri May 09, 2014 6:29 pm

please do shrink it. i'm sorry that it seems kind of harsh to ask you to do so, especially when most people say they're not bothered by it. but i don't think it would set a good precedence, in the event that more people decide they want avatars that break the fourth wall. a nip-it-in-the-bud kind of thing.

as far as ruby and sapphire is concerned, i'll buy whichever version balances out the numbers on the forum. right now it looks like most people are getting sapphire. if i do that, then we'll have an easier time trading and whatnot.

who am i kidding i'm not trading with any of you plebes. i already have my zoo.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Fri May 09, 2014 11:43 pm

NinteNerd wrote:
[muffled Dan snickering from the shadows]
[terrified shouts from Spark, NN and Cap]
FTFY.

Also, if I only get one (I'm the both btw- but only both if I have the moneys and/or decide that I don't need two) itll totes be OmegaRuby.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat May 10, 2014 2:03 am

Good, that'll even us out a bit. Thanks for hypothetically taking the fall, Cap. mspa

unrelated but i just drew a pokemon thing so i thought i'd spoiler it here:
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat May 10, 2014 8:19 am

Kudos on the drawing Drega! You keep doing what you're doing. Incidentally, do you have a tablet? Very recommended. If you get one I can show you a lot of very, very good tutorials and resources that will spring-load your journey to troo artistry.

(BTW I don't understand why Sableye would get a mega, except out of some weird need for symmetry that a lot of Pokemon fans seem to have.)
(Game freak said something along the lines of introducing megas based on necessity and popularity. Mawile was useless, Sableye definitely isn't and Game Freak knows that. I mean, their designs are so different anyway, why tar them with the same brush? Besides, what could you do to Sableye that would still be fundamentally Sableye without making it a copy of Mega Banette?)
(Sure, Scizor and Garchomp and Tyranitar didn't need megas, but they're immensely popular online and have all featured as downloadable pokemon at one point based on their online successes. Sableye is happily mediocre. Rock on, prankster ghost! Rock on!)

off topic (lmao) is anyone interested in playing an online game with me in their spare time Neutral A friend got me onto Game of War (fire age) which is just one of those civilisation sim thingies, except it's multiplayer and, incredibly, cross platform. And it's free and not obnoxiously so. You have a city, you have some initial resources, you build farms for food, or raid nearby ones for them instead, craft gear for your hero and train troops. And make alliances. It's very passive though; most of the work is timed so you can leave it do whatever by itself. And the game rewards teams of people and my friend won't switch servers Sad anybody semi-interested in being TEAM QUARANTINE over the summer?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat May 10, 2014 11:16 am

Game of War sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if I can balance that along with Pokemon along with League along with SSBN when it comes out...
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat May 10, 2014 12:05 pm

Oh god as soon as the next interesting game comes along I'm gonna drop it like it's,

like it's,

like it's icky and I don't really want to be holding it anymore. Like that.
Which is PROBABLY Super Smash Bros. Definitely gonna get it, but I'm open to the idea that a fun game will appear in the meantime.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat May 10, 2014 12:46 pm

ew no  i'm not going to shrink it that'll mess up the pixels umu
besides, i have plenty more to use.
you haven't seen the last of my avi shenanigans! i'll be baaaack!

anyway. i'm not much for either online team or war strategy games, sorry D_What
now, smash4, on the other hand....
i think i'm gonna be without internet when it releases. which is just as well, since i'm going to spend at least the first month unlocking everything. getting used to 3ds controls, and picking out more mains before diving into online play. oh, and moveset customization?!?!?! i don't remember if that's a thing in the 3ds version, but yeah i'll also be fiddling with that for god knows how long. man, this is just going to make all KINDS of unpredictable MU's. hey, what if moveset preferences are preserved with name tags like control schemes were in brawl? that'd be pretty great.
i want to take each and every one of you on. i am [over]confident that i can destroy the majority of you. we must have 4-player quarantine smashing funtimes yes.

...drega we have a pokeart thread >:Y
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat May 10, 2014 12:56 pm

I've always sucked at SSB so you guys will probably end up crushing me anyway but that sounds fun!

Probably just going to main the Pokemon anyway so
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat May 10, 2014 1:00 pm

I'm probably gonna use Lucas. But Ness is also fine. I like small/medium floaty characters... ROB was a blast to use. Or I could use Meta Knight. I'd quite like to know how to use Mr.Game&Watch properly.

(...)
(...)
(...)

yeeeah and I'm also gonna use Ridley, and probably Cloud too while I'm at it. DEATH TO JIGGLYPUFF stupid lousy puffball has no right to the role bar tradition's sake marshmallow poop
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat May 10, 2014 4:17 pm

you take that back i was amazing with jigglypuff when i faced off against my cousins in melee
granted that could also be because they just button mashed and i actually read the instruction manual so i knew what to do but i think its just because jigglypuff is perfect and i am the best player ever
even though its the first one
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat May 10, 2014 4:54 pm

I have pretty good reflexes. I prefer characters with either high mobility or high knockback resistance. Inb4 they use the touch screen as a scrubby "easy mode" combo generator a la street fighter 4 3ds.

You'll likely be seeing donkey kong dominate our quarantine matches because I am apeshit. Unless there are other people here who are also slightly better than average when it comes to fighting games.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat May 10, 2014 6:02 pm

i doubt it hanky (on the touch screen thing)
in smash run the touch screen is used for items and powers and shit
i doubt theyd offer that feature only in certain modes so whatever is on the bottom screen during normal matches is gonna be probably useless
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat May 10, 2014 6:26 pm

Actually, what they could do is let you move the damage counters down there for normal matches. And d_what, why would you want to get rid of Jigglypuff? She can explode things with her butt. Take a wild guess what kind of Smash player I am...
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat May 10, 2014 7:59 pm

Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sat May 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Hyyyype
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat May 10, 2014 8:27 pm

okay theyve just shown like five seconds of the opening cutscene for omega ruby and it looks...
like the first five seconds of the opening cutscene
edit okay they did it for saphire as well so now were equally versed in the very beginning of the opening cutscene
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat May 10, 2014 8:47 pm

idk if thats the beginning of the opening cutscene
seemed more like them being awakened
also the girl talked about the boxart things maybe being megas of groudon and kyogre
aka theyre not megas
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat May 10, 2014 10:20 pm

Yeah, those looked more like battle scenes than anything. I wonder if this means Abilities are going to get animations now?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next