Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

+16
Sharpedo
phantasmalDexterity
cerebralconfinement
Crobat
kotakun
Xaber
ilikeoctopus
Captain
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Dregadude
Spark Eletran
Hanky Panky
d_what
20 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

What Hoenn starter are you picking?

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 40 I_vote_lcap7%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 40 I_vote_lcap21%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 40 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 40 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 40 I_vote_lcap43%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 40 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 40 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by d_what Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:21 am

Wow Hanky, such Modly powers :O
It's nice how "mod" and "god" sound so similar doncha think?

Seeing as how last time I mentioned I was hankerin' and pankerin' for ORAS news and then we got some, the following is a hopeful gesture:

Gosh I sure am hankerin' fer some MSPaintAdventure updates gee whiz! (though seriously I have a gap in my heart that only shenanigans and god tiers can fill)
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 40 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by OverlordJ Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:01 am

If you have too much time and you like Homestuck, why not play some Overseer Project? I am currently working on abusing the stockexchange to get even MORE filthy rich.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:46 am

I most certainly do not have too much time. I am in fact absurdly busy! And also absurdly distracted. I should really get back to work :/

Also I have no idea what overseer project is, though it sounds faintly familiar. Maybe I've seen it in someone's signature or something.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:02 am

The Overseer Project is a textbased sburb simulator and roleplaying aid. They are currently in Alpha 2.2 and 2.3 will probably get released soon(-ish). It is great fun and I'd love to tell you more if you want. Very Happy
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:59 pm

I just moved out of my dorm room Sunday, and I got back home yesterday! Very Happy Now I'm probably going to spend many hours unpacking and cataloging things I own and plan to return to college with :/
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:47 am

*sniff* our little Drega, going to co... home from college... THEY GROW UP SO FAST ;_;

Seriously though were you 17 when you started College? Is that normal where you are?
(I live with my parents)
(but there's no shame in it)
(firstly because anyone who has no alternative does it)
(and secondly because it's a very sensible economic choice)
(I wanna buy a house some day!)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:36 am

Hehe, I skipped a grade! I never get tired of all the oohs and aahs I get when I tell people I'm a year younger than them, like it's just a year it's basically an insignificant difference

Spoiler:

My parents have told me several times that I'm not gonna move back in with them after college, and even in this job market I feel pretty confident that I'll be able to find something relatively easily after graduating. Both my major and my college are known for students getting hired out of college.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:53 am

Skipping a class is always impressive, not because you're a year younger but because skipping a class is not too common. At least that's how I see it.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:24 am

Yeah, I rarely see it, mind you it wasn't really supported in any of the schools I was at. Staying back a year, THAT I saw quite a lot of. Usually because of a total lack of work done in the year or in a handful of cases physical disabilities. I might have been better off in a year ahead - I was at a reading level +5 years higher than my current one for most of my primary school years and 3 for Math, but that leveled off when I got to within 5/3 years of the end of primary school. So I'm so happy for you Drega! You go brah!

(The sensible thing to do would have been to give me secondary-school-level books to read or tasks to do, instead they just... stopped teaching me english altogether. I just did whatever I had been working on earlier while the other students did comprehension questions. Since then my English and Math have been exactly at the level that my class would be at.)

god I hate education systems
Spoiler:

Edit: forgot to ask, what's your course/major thingy? You've probably already mentioned it and I feel like it's in STEM.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:25 am

I skipped a grade too! It was kindergarten, so not very significant actual-education-wise, but I can't drive until junior year and I'll be going to college a year early. *fist bumps drega*
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:37 am

//weird double post ignoreploz

Last edited by d_what on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:37 am

I probably could have skipped a grade, but ultimately I didn't feel like it (moving to a new school district with more challenging work also helped). I don't think it's held me back too much.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:38 am

invisibleTerrarium wrote: *fist bunps drega*

FTFY - has mspa taught you nothing???
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:17 pm

d_what wrote:Guys, Topic:

Imagine a future Pokemon ruleset that[...]
Only tangentially related to your original post Dwhat, but something I would like to see: flying becoming an attribute that every pokemon that has wings or can levitate has so such silliness as Magnemite or Zekrom getting hit by Earthquake would stop happening.
Although that would mean that Levitate would become redundant and Gengar and Eelektross could get some new abilities and quite frankly, that's a scary thought.

Hacked Wonder Guard Eelektross D:

Spoiler:
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:40 pm

Nah I figure those guys have a weak levitating forcefield; I.e its entirely dependent on the current ground state and they can't gain height quickly, ergo the ground tearing up underneath them would cause them to stumble and get hit. Plus it would kinda break the game - there are a lot of floaty pokemon who are only checked by Earthquake consistently. I don't even have to make a list:

Aegislash.

Ice isn't really a defensive type and I'd nearly prefer it had more superb effectives, but a water resistance makes the most sense (even if it's two-way) and would provide the most benefit. Grass and Bug couldn't handle the nerf.

Alternatively Poison SE Water. THAT would make Poison a usable type for sure. Also Rotom >Very Happy
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:19 pm

It wouldn't break the game, but it would need to be balanced out for sure. But here's a better example: Charizard X. Because apparently becoming a Dragon type makes you forget how to fly.

Poison needs to be buffed for sure, and I guess Water would make sense. I wouldn't mind the return of the mutual weakness of Bug and Poison, that could balance out Ice resisting Bug too. And about Ice resisting Grass, honestly I don't think being resisted by a type you are already weak to is that much of a deal breaker.

The biggest benefactor of this would be Mamoswine, no question. Thick Fat Mamoswine with only two weaknesses...
It doesn't really matter for Aurorus, it has bigger problems to deal with and Electric is a much bigger threat for Water/Ice.

-------

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=89
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40