Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

+16
Sharpedo
phantasmalDexterity
cerebralconfinement
Crobat
kotakun
Xaber
ilikeoctopus
Captain
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Dregadude
Spark Eletran
Hanky Panky
d_what
20 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Hoenn starter are you picking?

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 24 I_vote_lcap7%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 24 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 24 I_vote_lcap21%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 24 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 24 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 24 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 24 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 24 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 24 I_vote_lcap43%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 24 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 24 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by tinning3 Thu May 08, 2014 12:57 pm

Nintenerd, you should discuss this over some peppered steak.

pepper steak:

I'll probably get Sapphire just because I prefer Kyogre. Groudon seem too weirdly angular to me, and Kyogre is more nicely rounded. for Starters, I went with Sceptile during my ruby run, but I cant decide whether I should go with Marshtomp this time; similar to what the captain said, I don't care much for sceptile, I liked Groyle much better. But then, maybe it works better in 3D than it does in sprite.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 24 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by NinteNerd Thu May 08, 2014 2:14 pm

Pepper Steak is great and all, but honestly i'd rather go discuss it at a Fake Orchestra, perhaps with a Soft Breeze blowing outside. anywhere we won't have to deal with Unreasonable Behavior, really. that would be a nice atmosphere, don't you think? almost makes one feel Desperately Safe.
okay but no, i'm gonna stop.
anyone in contact with me other places will tell you i will go ON and ON and ON about OFF.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu May 08, 2014 3:35 pm

At the moment I'm leaning towards Omega Ruby, but it's likely to change as we learn more about the games.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu May 08, 2014 3:41 pm

Goddammit NN your avatar is doing the thing again. At least I'm pretty sure that was you the first time.

Spoiler:

I've literally never been tempted to pick up both versions if I have a choice of two! The only time it's happened was when my little brother got Soulsilver when I got Heartgold, but he never played it so I maybe kinda stole it from him.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu May 08, 2014 4:22 pm

i'm probably going to get either the ruby or the sapphire
you know
one of those two

there are a lotta stuff i've kinda always wanted to use in rse, and a lotta stuff that are only catchable early enough to use in-game in hoenn despite not getting good 'till later gens, with some overlap between those two groups

in the former group:
let's see um, slaking, ninjask/shedinja, sharpedo, altaria, seviper, lunatone/solrock, armaldo/cradily, kecleon, banette/dusclops, tropius, chimecho, girafarig, walrein, huntail/gorebyss, relicanth
ones in the latter that i like enough to use:
masquerain(not that it got good, it just got better), breloom*, mawile, holy crap sharpedo, lunatone/solrock, crawdaunt?, armaldo, relicanth
so yeah i gotta lotta options here
deciding my team is going to be... difficult :I

*woah hold on a second. breloom is actually going to be catchable in a game after the phys/spec split, and after technician! okay wow, it was in danger of falling off the list of my favorite pokèmon for a while just cause i never got to use it ever, but using it in oars may just renew my love of its design. i can't wait! :3

(okay, i can wait. i was just exaggerating my anticipation for effect by saying that i can't.)

Last edited by muffinz on Thu May 08, 2014 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu May 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Well, my team will definitely have a Linoone and a Blaziken, I know that much.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu May 08, 2014 5:05 pm

I've already decided on Sceptile since he gets even less love than Bulbasaur. Dunno what I'll do beyond that. Ooh, Nincada's p early game. I've never had a Ninjask or Shedinja before.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu May 08, 2014 5:09 pm

I did, they were my Cut guys early and Shedinja can easily wreck some ingame trainers.

EDIT: And False Swipe, I love that move

EDIT 2: Hold Back on the other hand sucks, come on, it is literally the same freaking move, couldn't they have changed it a little? More power or something or heck, even if they'd just made it special instead of physical but NO, same freaking move
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Thu May 08, 2014 5:20 pm

I think NNs avatar licking his text is funny enough to be worth the intrusion into our forum space personnally, so yeah. I've never actually palyed OFF btw, just an LP of it. I'm waiting until most of it is gone from my mind before I play it myself, so that puzzles are fresh etc.

Nincada might make my team too actually. It'd be interesting to work with. I think I'll take a look at what I never used in Gen 3 and work with them.

Y'know, D_What, if my character in the fangame doesn't have my HG team, I'd be more than happy to be a bug catcher. bug types are cool.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu May 08, 2014 5:46 pm

Gosh darn it, I made myself too upset about Hold Back now.
But seriously, who was the douche who said "You know what move Celebi needs? False Swipe! But lets not call it False Swipe, lets give it a different name. What? Oh no, don't bother changing anything else, just make it the same as False Swipe, only with a different name."
I mean, would have giving it 60 base power made it too powerful?
Wouldn't it been neat, if it had been a psychic move, so that Celebi gets stab on it and can finally hit ghost types MUCH more easily then False Swipe?
Or heck, as I said, at least turning it into a special move, just to make it a little different?
They could even easily have done two or even all three of these things.
But no, just regular freaking False Swipe with a different name. Arrgh!
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu May 08, 2014 5:46 pm

i'd prefer if NN shrank her avatar.
i don't know which version i'm getting because RSE was that generation where i really didn't bother much with it. i have some experience with emerald, but i don't know enough about the exclusives to decide which one i want.

i pick my games solely based on the pokemon in them. could not care less about the version name or anything else.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu May 08, 2014 6:27 pm

idk if we'll get more megas either, but yknow what situation would make me completely change that? if mega latios and latias are distributed before oras comes out. Then fuck it we're totally getting new megas in this shit

One thing to do keep in mind though... Apparently an official japanese e-mail sent to Daisuki Club members points out Groudon and Kyogre looking different, and says they're "Never before-seen Pokémon". Y'know like they've also called White and Black Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y. There' definitely SOMETHING up with those two.

Also guys fun fact
"Oras" means something like "Well duh" in Portuguese
Hoenn Remakes? Well duh. TRULY THE MOST FITTING OF NAMES
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu May 08, 2014 6:46 pm

OJ are we the same person

We like Alakazam and are getting Alpha Sapphire and are using Sceptile.

Because goddangit Treecko was my first Pokemon and even though she got saddled with HM moves I still loved her. I'm probably going to try to recreate my old Sapphire team with less crappy moves (Sceptile, Alakazam, Flygon, Manectric, Hariyama, Medicham), though I do want to try out Aggron and Crobat for once.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu May 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Well, it's incredibly likely that we'll see the same exclusives as the original Ruby and Sapphire. So Omega Ruby would get Seedot, Mawile, Zangoose, Solrock, Latios, and Groudon, while Alpha Sapphire would get Lotad, Sableye, Seviper, Lunatone, Latias, and Kyogre.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu May 08, 2014 7:13 pm

Sorry to disapoint but I am NOT using sceptile, quite the opposite, sorry.

EDIT: Also, if we get those exclusives then I'd say we'll probably get Megasableye, that or there won't be a way for Mawile to megaevolve

EDIT2:
OverlordJ wrote:Honestly, I don't know anything about Sceptile, I sometimes forget it even exists. I always loved Blaziken and between being a mudkip in the first mystery dungeon and all the "So I heard you like mudkip"  jokes, there is no way for me to forget it but the grass starters are always so forgettable, except for the first and the current gen...

Though I now realize, the fact that I used the fire starter in the second and third gen didn't help either, when it comes to remembering the grass starter. And since I never played the fourth gen...
And in the fifth gen, I used the Water starter but there it doesn't matter too much, sine ALL starter pokemons get a trainer.

Last edited by OverlordJ on Thu May 08, 2014 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu May 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Dang, must have misread that.

Honestly though, I'm not sure I want more legendary Pokemon gimmicks. The weird fusion thing in gen5 was barely interesting and to be honest megas don't appeal to me that much. If feels as if Game Freak is just trying to garner more excitement but in actuality is killing off the simplicity and accessibility that characterized earlier games...
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu May 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Yeah, you have a good point there
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Idk, I'll be p happy if they're mega legends. If it's something else entirely... I don't know, it'll depend on the thing, probably.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu May 08, 2014 7:52 pm

I think it's just a new form, honestly. Considering their markings just got fancier and Groudon's spikes changed color, I don't think it's a Mega Evolution.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu May 08, 2014 8:54 pm

alpha and omega formes, perhaps.

i want sapphire because seviper but i want ruby because groudon and omega > alpha

fuck if i know what i want. i'll probably just flip a coin. or talk you guys into having a war over which version i should get. seriously this is the most difficult time i've ever had picking a version. i just don't care all that much. having a living dex kills your desire to pick certain exclusives, honestly.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu May 08, 2014 9:36 pm

i will fight to the death for you to pick up emerald

how much does that run for in gamestop now a days?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu May 08, 2014 9:39 pm

I can't remember the last time I saw a GBA game at GameStop.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu May 08, 2014 9:42 pm

good thing i already have an emerald cartridge.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu May 08, 2014 10:56 pm

I think one of the stores near me has a small shelf of really old used GBA games last I checked, though no GBAs for sale themselves.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu May 08, 2014 10:58 pm

Totally getting Alpha Sapphire. Kyogre's my homeboy.
Will be starting with Treecko, he shall be called Cheeky, after my original sceptile.
PLANNED TEAM YALL

Sceptile/Gallade/Absol/Hariyama/Flygon/Sharpedo
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next