Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

+16
Sharpedo
phantasmalDexterity
cerebralconfinement
Crobat
kotakun
Xaber
ilikeoctopus
Captain
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Dregadude
Spark Eletran
Hanky Panky
d_what
20 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Hoenn starter are you picking?

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 I_vote_lcap7%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 I_vote_lcap21%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 I_vote_lcap43%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:25 pm

lalalalala new trailer for the movie~

someone catches a hawlucha~
prolly not ash cause he already has a a flying type~
i hope it's serena~
also yveltal looks real cool~
don't mind me i'm just singing~
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by d_what Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xshtQTWooww

Spoiler alert: Animations for four of the so far unreleased moves, including the (obviously Zygarde-based) ones we were talking about.

Not hold hands though.

In other news, there isn't any :/ In anything. At all. Except maybe that Korean ferry capsizing. That's pretty sad. But maybe not suited for the thread.
The weather here is pretty good??
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Yeah I mean everything's been going pretty well. Things are good.

...too good.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:21 pm

okay yeah the animation of the thousand moves settles it, they're 100% zygarde's
those scales man
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Didn't we just find out that Japan's doing like a gazillion more events again?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:54 pm

We haven't had any, have we? Besides the Torchic thing but let's be honest that was pretty much nothing
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:09 pm

And it stopped pretty quickly. How are people gonna get their blazikens come Christmas Sad events have been pretty infrequent since VICTINI, for God's sake. What is game freak even doing? Events CANNOT be that difficult to do.

Want other Charizardite 🇱🇦 both 'zards are fun to use!

I realised my team has a deathly serious weakness to Ground moves. Sadface. I forgot Excadrill had another weakness Sad
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:11 pm

My team's not the best against ground, and has a serious fairy weakness unfortunately
I mean not exactly
It's not WEAK to fairy but it doesn't have any real counters against that type
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Yeah Japan is getting a huge amount of Mega events. Basically they're giving a bunch of Pokemon holding their Mega stones with useful moves. So basically battle ready megas.

And I'm pretty sure Nintendo does our events?

If my team has any specific weakness it's prolly Flying. Especially Talonflame. Man I hate that thing.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:08 pm

When in doubt, add a Rotom W's a quick Talonflame fix (though banded Uturns will damage your chances.) Same applies to Tyranitar, OU's only real archetypal Rock type. Ferrothorn with Rocky Helmet is a suicide option, but it works. 

My rule of thumb is: have no more than 2 2x weaknesses to a given type on a team. Every 4x weakness needs more resistances or an immunity, but auxiliary things come in to play, too; e.g. Rotom W being weak to EQ from Mold Breaker mons. I have three regular Ground weaknesses, and only one immunity/resistance: Talonflame, who is unable to do much to most ground types anyway, (ugggh Gliscor and Hippowdon) and has a 4x weakness to Ground's most common coverage type. So it's basically a liability. Yep, huge ground weakness. Makes my team nonviable really, but it's all I can do without move tutors.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:21 pm

My rule of thumb is to use Pokemon I like the design of. Which I have with my team. They're my favourites. Luckily I have a pretty nice check (Mega Aerodactyl with Stealth Rock and Stone Edge). Also Donphan with Sturdy and sash Liligant with Sleep Powder.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:30 pm

That's where I win out Razz pokemon designs grow on me the more I use them, and I don't really get favourites until I use them! (Excepting Reuniclus. Who I don't use on a team because I like variety too much, but nevertheless my Ziggy is pretty cool.) I didn't particularly care for Scizor until I used one in DPP. And now I do <3 fact is, I can like any pokemon if it serves a purpose in battling. Diggersby, Doublade, Togekiss, Eelektross: all are pokemon whose existence I have learned to appreciate! (Okay, I was always fine with Eelektross, but I've since learned to like it by using one on my rain team.)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:42 pm

FUCK IM ALIVE
Holy shit sorry i went to pennsylvania

invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:47 am

I've heard that it's a dangerous place, indeed. You are fortunate that you made it out in one piece.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:03 am

d_what wrote:I've heard that it's a dangerous place, indeed. You are fortunate that you made it out in one piece.

Yeah, youre telling me.
Them amish cows are vicious, theyll kill ya if they get the chance.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:38 pm

Once I have some time I'll probably start sending away some of the ghastlys I breeded via wondertrade. I wonder what I'll get
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:49 pm

I'm currently at that agonizing spot in showdown rankings at 1191. It's like,,, will i win the next one and prove my worth? Or will i fuck myself over and fall again??
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:53 pm

And then you end up tying.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:32 am

That would be the worst, but i won. 1229 suckas~
It was versus a mono water team and i had a technician bullet seed breloom so it was over p quick
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:35 am

What tier are you playing in?

Edit: Topic. What is the epitome of a forgettable Pokemon.

Let's be honest. Dunsparce may not be used or interesting, but it is definitely memorable (possibly because of that.) Corsola? Pacifidlog floats on them. Kricketune? Has its own thematic item (Metronome). Sunflora? Evolves from the thing with the shittiest stats and is the only other debut Sun stone user besides Bellossom. Delibird? It's santa claus. All of the guys related to the special evos in 4th gen or any of the 5th gen analogues get a pass, since if you remember one you remember the other. Tropius is the only grass/flying type. Lumineon is hard to find in 4th gen but it's pretty and neon and one of a few fish that gen and maybe memorable because it's hard to find.

But how about.
Cherrim.

Seriously I double-take every time I see a Cherrim or a Cherubi. 2 gens later and I still can't believe it exists.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:50 am

For me, a lot of the Johto Pokemon are kind of forgettable. Qwilfish is probably the one I forget about most, since it doesn't have much competitive use (nor do people seem to use it regularly) and it doesn't have an evolutionary chain. Every time I see it I kind of go, "oh right this thing is here."

Runners-up are Pineco and Sneasel; their evos are memorable but for some reason I forget about them a lot.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:16 pm

I dunno, I tend to remember Quilfish. Some interesting bit-characters in GSC had one, they're a pain to fight on the physical side  water/poison is interesting...
But mostly I know it as being the Swift-Swimmer that was just good enough to use without being ban worthy last gen. Didn't work though. Drizzle + Qwilfish never happened.

Also, begins with Q.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:26 pm

d_what wrote:Tropius is the only grass/flying type.

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 Spr_5b_187General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 Spr_5b_188General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 Spr_5b_189General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 13 Spr_5b_492S
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Damn I don't know why I said that. After I posted I thought, "gee, that's odd, I wonder if I missed anyone" but I immediately thought Whimsicott. Which isn't for some reason (besides fairy typing). And I assumed that was it? Hummmm. I WOULD remember Hoppip as a Pokemon but not its typing. They never last long enough in battle for me to try rock or electric moves on them.

In the same vein, I never think of Shaymin as a flying type; it's Sky forme just never crosses paths with me, being a relatively unused Uber mon. Hmm.

Hmmmmmm! I wonder what else I've forgotten about? Primeape is a little bit forgettable. But I remembered it so it doesn't count. Ledian?

Edit: oh my god I didn't know Mock Battles on the VS recorder were a thing?? Weird! Shame you can't pick team order though. It'd be like Gen 4's PBR card battles otherwise, give or take.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:54 pm

What about Stantler Stantler's p forgettable most of the time
though the fact it's so weird might make it memorable
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next