Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:25 pm

For me, it's that they're so close to finishing the pattern, they might as well see it through at this point.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 6 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by OverlordJ Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Hytheter wrote:
OverlordJ wrote:~snip - stuff about the Eeveelution pattern (all special types)
The special/physical thing was a little arbitrary though. The Dark Type was special in gens 2 and 3, but in Gen 4 literally every existing dark move became physical. Ghost, on the other hand was physical even though they were 100% specially biased in the first two generations, and the strongest Ghost move in Gen 2 and 3 is now special.
I don't know why anyone still cares about that pattern anyway, why should Eevee follow the conditions of an old and obviously ridiculous game mechanic?

Because patterns are fun. And how many attacks changed from physical to special and the other way around doesn't matter.

Come on, you can't deny that the Eeveelutions have been following a pattern, so the only good option is to continue the pattern
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:13 pm

plus now that we have a fairy one the next logical step would be a dragon

and not a... poison... one

its just mostly the one that fits better
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:40 pm

Spark Eletran wrote:plus now that we have a fairy one the next logical step would be a dragon

Exactly! As I said before, it'd mirror the ones in the second gen. A new type and the type it's super effective against
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:04 am

I love the design of the new Battle menu.
Pic:

Also, I've only now noticed a few things:
hologram-phone
Pass powers make a return, and this time they can be used on pals?!
Photographs
Spoiler:

i'm getting more and more hyped
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:59 am

These new features look nice. Especially the camera. If only you could take pictures of you with your party pokemon, then that would be sweet.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Well, we're starting to get back some features that were introduced in HG/ SS liek the photographs and the touch screen menu (I saw that n the new trailer I believe, it's about damn time they brought back that obvious feature!) so maybe eventually we will be able to see your pokemon in this pokemon game!
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:37 pm

I don't like how in gen V they dedicated the entire bottom screen to online features. Pokemon should be a game that can be fully enjoyed without any online features. The wi-fi stuff should just be extra. I'm glad that they're bringing back the bottom screen menu, because that was really convenient.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:44 pm

I've already complained about a lot of things Gen V did in this respect, so I'll sum it up in:

Pokéwalker encouraged exercise + by extension social activities while not putting you out of your way and can last you quite a while. Global link encourages an hour of online time away from others doing menial tasks and will eventually be turned off forever for Gen V.

Handy dandy menu > useless screen you'll use maybe once a day if you even use the online features at all.

I was sorta disspointed when I heard they'd bring back the global link. There's a always a chance it's just the stats bit though and not the dream world? Especially since the 3DS even comes with it's own pedometer, PLEASE let there be a built in pokéwalker! OMG I'd love that!
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:27 pm

The 3DS has a pedometer? That would be an amazing reason to bring back the pokewalker.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:47 pm

Gelatino wrote:I don't like how in gen V they dedicated the entire bottom screen to online features.  Pokemon should be a game that can be fully enjoyed without any online features.  The wi-fi stuff should just be extra.  I'm glad that they're bringing back the bottom screen menu, because that was really convenient.
But they aren't simply bringing it back. They are combining the two, no?
Spoiler:
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:50 pm

Yeah, the communicate-y stuff is still on the bottom screen, we just get menu buttons along with it. Which I guess makes it feel better integrated than in Gen V, where it felt like "Look at this shiny new feature we just implemented that will be awesome in Japan but mediocre everywhere else!"
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Hellz yeah, I've been taking it everywhere with me just for that reason. I didn't realise it till i got the 3DS either. But yeah, I can't really see them doing it. I'm not getting my hopes up in that respect.

The photo sharing looks cool, but won't it all look same-y since I assume it's only in set locations? The only difference would be costume items equipped.

As long as the menu buttons are included in the bottom screen and accessible at all times for easy access then I'm happy with that.

EDIT: Actually, let me be fair. The wireless capabilities, such as infrared trading, battling etc were actually good things, and I liked them when I used them since they meant local multiplay didn't distrupt what you were doing to go to the pokécenter, and the entralink and joining games was pretty cool. The problem of course being that wasn't something you could do all the time except maybe in japan, like cA said. A menu being there in addition to the wireless features would just be perfect, unless they managed to improve it somehow again.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:31 pm

if you can combine the two then it works if i have to push a button to get to the menu but have the online stuff there im gonna scream
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:35 pm

The online stuff was just a pain. I'd be okay with having a two-menu lower screen, though, that you could flip to and stay on either the menu or to the online interface depending on your preference.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:38 pm

From the screenshots, it looks like the online stuff takes up the majority of the screen, but you have a row of buttons at the bottom for the standard menu functions. Go take a look at the screenshot phantasmalDexterity posted and you'll see what I mean.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:25 pm

It looks like there are left/right buttons at the top of the screen, though, so I'll keep hoping Smile
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:35 pm

I don't care how small the actual menu buttons are. They're IN THERE, and that's jsut great. It is a touch screen and my aim is fine, so the small buttons are less of a factor than there are buttons.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:43 pm

I was checking out Bulbapedia and just realized how great No Guard really is for Honedge, especially if it really does evolve into two swords.

No Guard is called "Schildlos" in german. Shieldless.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:45 pm

That is brilliant. Of course it's shieldless, because it's dual-wielding. WHY IS IT THAT YOU GET A BETTER TRANSLATION FOR HONEDGE
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:54 pm

Hanky Panky wrote:WHY IS IT THAT YOU GET A BETTER TRANSLATION FOR HONEDGE
to make up for the fact that the rest of the translations in german are crap
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:57 am

kotakun wrote:
Hanky Panky wrote:WHY IS IT THAT YOU GET A BETTER TRANSLATION FOR HONEDGE
to make up for the fact that the rest of the translations in german are crap

Yeah, you have a point
Usually the german translations are either as good or worse then the english ones.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:35 am

But

uuuugh it's not fair
*throws a fit over nothing*
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:31 am

NO UMARO STAHP

Shieldless is just a better name overall. No guard sounds very awkward and it's not completely clear overall, I thought it meant something about low defence, not about accuracy.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm still holding out for Honite becoming canon
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next