Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

+19
variegatedDreamraptor
Captain
Hanky Panky
Hytheter
Sandstriker
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
Spark Eletran
PunchesMalone
d_what
tinning3
kotakun
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Druplesnubb
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
OverlordJ
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 23 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by kotakun Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:14 pm

the 2ds looks like a piece of crap
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE - Page 23 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion: USE SPOILER TAGS WHEN APPROPRIATE

Post by OverlordJ Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 pm

I know it's not marketed towards us but if it would close like a normal DS I'd actually buy it over the 3DS (if I ever were to buy a 3DS that is)

I am not all that interessted in the 3D features and when I tryed them once they hurt my eyes...

Plus, it's cheaper and I LOVE cheap things.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:09 am

Honestly?

If I didn't have a 3DS already I'd seriously consider getting the 2DS. I don't play my games with the 3D turned on. And it's cheap.

I'm not very fond of the design choice. When I play my 3DS, I don't hold it all the way open, but I do open it back to that normal angle that's built into the hinge.

It's a really fuckin' clever way to get more sales. I bet it's cheap as shit to make too.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:10 am

OverlordJ wrote:I know it's not marketed towards us but if it would close like a normal DS I'd actually buy it over the 3DS (if I ever were to buy a 3DS that is)

I am not all that interessted in the 3D features and when I tryed them once they hurt my eyes...

Plus, it's cheaper and I LOVE cheap things.
I thought that too, after trying out a 3DS for the first time in some store, but I and my eyes quickly got used to it. And it's still pretty cool, after a month or two of owning it.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:18 am

Not to mention the 3D helps more than you might think for a lot of games. Admittedly, games like X and Y where the gameplay is not action-oriented don't really benefit from the 3D like this, but it's still possible there'll be a minigame in which the 3D comes in handy.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:26 pm

Hey guys!

2DS in America: $130.
2DS in the UK: £110.
Conversion of both to euro: €98 v. €128. And where I am the average 3DS first party game costs €49.99 for perspective.
WOW DIFFERENCE MUCH :0 if they weren't region locked I'd import two of the US ones to give to two of my friends, so serious about this. As it stands I'm already considering going halfsies but I know they won't let me Sad

Friendship feedback loop: you want to buy your friends nice things and your friends don't want you to spend money on them.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:21 pm

So, Rumble U just came out in America.
Predictably, I fail to give a shit.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:50 pm

pokemon rumble games.
pfffhahaha like i care about those.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:50 pm

wait whats pokemon rumble?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:51 pm

see?
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Speaking of which, I used to defend Pokemon Conquest, but now I think it's just a bad execution of an interesting concept. I suppose everyone agrees?
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Never played it, but I was never interested in it in the first place (I'm not much for strategy games).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:28 pm

kotakun wrote:wait whats pokemon rumble?conquest?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:49 pm

Conquest was kind of meh at best.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:50 pm

wait whats clue?
i know what both those fuckin games are its just they arent pokemon pokemon so they dont matter
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:00 pm

I think Conquest is a cool idea, but I don't own the game, nor have I played it. I might get it just to try it.
Also, saying those two aren't pokemon is like saying Mystery Dungeon isn't pokemon. They might be stupid ideas, but they're still pokemon.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:16 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:I think Conquest is a cool idea, but I don't own the game, nor have I played it. I might get it just to try it.
Also, saying those two aren't pokemon is like saying Mystery Dungeon isn't pokemon. They might be stupid ideas, but they're still pokemon.
You'd better not be implying that Mystery Dungeon is a stupid idea, I will rage so hard you have no idea
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:07 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:I think Conquest is a cool idea, but I don't own the game, nor have I played it. I might get it just to try it.
conquest rumble mystery dungeon xd stadium whatnot they are all pokemon
none of them are pokemon pokemon
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:31 pm

okay i sorta get your point for most of those, theyre not the same style as the main series

but

xd is exactly like a main series game except without wild pokémon and gyms, instead catching some select pokémon from trainers and having a pretty cool plot to move the game forward

and while i agree that the lack of gyms and wild pokémon makes it more of a spin-off instead of a main series game, its still "pokémon pokémon", just with a bit of a twist

also mystery dungeon is awesome

and rumble is a cool idea in the way of how you fight other pokémon, but the graphics are kinda weird (like really weird), your pokémon never leveling up and having to be replaced is pretty stupid and the latest game SERIOUSLY disappointed me in that it just basically has no "stages", just a bunch of booooriiiing battle royales (i HAVE played a bit of the first two games just so you know)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:58 pm

PMD is too much of a roguelike to be stupid.

Conquest was just not as good as it could have been. Much worse, actually. It was enjoyable for the first 10-15 hours of gameplay.

A pokemon arena beat-em-up would be a good idea if it kept the RPG aspects of leveling and evolving.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Honestly, I really hope they make a game a bit based on the fighting mechanics of PokéPark, just a bit more in-depth and expanded for a lot more Pokémon. its just soooo fun

Like, think something around... The control stick moves your Pokémon, ABXY uses each of the four moves, ZL (L for 3DS?) jumps, ZR (R for 3DS?) locks on to different enemies?, and a menu on the Gamepad/Touch Screen could be used to change Pokémon and using items, right Control Stick or D-Pad moves the camera freely. I think that could work well, and I would DEFINITELY play a game like that.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:45 pm

I'd swap the (Z)L/R buttons for that control scheme. It would screw with my head too much if I had to R-Target instead of L-Target stuff.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:48 pm

yeah that makes sense i guess
and then they could make an option to just customize the controls or something with those being the default
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Yeah, that would be cool. Although... how does Rumble work, then? I haven't seen anything of it but a few screenshots, I thought it looked quite a bit like you're describing.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next