Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

+16
Sharpedo
phantasmalDexterity
cerebralconfinement
Crobat
kotakun
Xaber
ilikeoctopus
Captain
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Dregadude
Spark Eletran
Hanky Panky
d_what
20 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Hoenn starter are you picking?

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap7%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap21%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 3 I_vote_lcap43%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 3 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by muffinz Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:16 pm

So I just realized how stupid and pointless Confide is! It is literally a Growl for special attack that never misses. And yet it has the prestigious role of TM 100. What?????
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 3 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:51 pm

Late to the party!

I got Page of Space on that quiz that D posted a while back, and then realized that I've forgotten most of what I knew about class aspects and needed a refresher.

I've always wanted a Screwdriver strife specibus, maybe wield one that extended or had one of those cool magnetic exchanging tips <3 Plus if my chair started falling apart I could fix it. Never really thought too much about modus but a few years ago I saw Linkedlists in Java and really liked them. You could only take out items that are adjacent to the one you accessed last or something.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:42 pm

Weapon idea: bladed magnets. You magnetize an enemy somehow and then throw magnetic daggers at them.
(would that work?)
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:42 pm

you know the cool thing about iron? it's magnetic.

Hanky Panky's fantastic sburb self
classpect: rogue of breath
land: land of sand and surf
citizen status: derse
strife specibus: polearm kind
fetch modus: a backpack.
consorts: bearded dragons
denizen: Yggdrasil
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:08 am

No, you know what's even more useless? Play Nice. It's almost exactly the same as Growl, with only a couple of minor differences. First, it skips the Accuracy check and hits through Protect, Detect, and Spiky Shield (and isn't counted as a Sound move). Second, it only targets one Pokémon instead of all adjacent opponents. Finally, it has half as much PP (20 vs. 40). None of these were worth making a new move for. And Pikachu learns both within two levels of each other.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:27 am

No see
Play Nice is a more pointless move
But Confide is worse because GF decided to make it TM 100
They haven't made any really dumb TMs since gen 2, so that decision utterly baffles me

I mean for one thing Confide is exactly like Play Nice but for special attack, and Play Nice is a beginning-of-the-game move that most things that learn it learn around level 1 to 10 or so, but the Confide TM is found about halfway through the game
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:57 am

Spark Eletran wrote:okay i asked her during a stream misc did
she doesnt visit because really she just doesnt go on forums in general, tumblr and skype are way more fun and its easier to talk to people through them
oh and she'd have Pictionary Modus, as well as Penkind

Aww, I guess that means I won't be able to talk to her anymore Sad
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:59 am

And it would have been neat if TM 100 would have been something awesome.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:31 am

come to skype

also you can bet that at some point ill have an MC HAMMER. And Fear no Anvil will likely make some sort of appearance. And the Maul of Zillywen. Final hammer would probably have strong ties with Thor's hammer. A flying hammer seems remarkably breath-like to me.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:29 am

OJ can't get skype to work on his computer, sadly. Maybe you could try tumblr again?
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:48 am

d_what wrote:srsly though people suggest alchemizable weapons I need brain juice and random ideas within a preset context are my ideal form of brain juice!! That's why I like HS Neutral

Screwdriver and anything would be fun. Drill? Crowbar? Ratchet?

Man what's with me and power tools rn
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:10 am

Actually, Play Nice is better than a lot of the TMs we've had, e.g. Steel Wing or that event Zoroark move. It's used competitively on certain pokemon, especially Prankster users, where it acts as a pseudo-will-o-wisp on the special side.

That said it's still not cool enough for the number 100. I want things like Parting Shot and Roost (recover??) and Stealth Rock and (Rapid Spin?!?) Defog and Grass Knot and Acrobatics and cool stuff! And the ability to give Forretress U-Turn. I mean really. It gets Volt Switch...
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:54 am

pssst play nice isnt tm 100
thats confide
also hahaha FUCK NO DONT MAKE STEALTH ROCK A TM.
i already hate stealth rock enough thank you very much i wanna have fun before it becomes a tutor move in pokémon z
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:58 am

i'm getting a tornado-making boomerang too
maybe i could alchemize a boomerang with a legend of zelda game, getting the gale boomerang, and then alchemize that with like... other stuff... to get cooler boomerangs that still have the power of making tornadoes :O
also idec what you guys said im totally gonna help nelly get a cool pen that can create stuff outta thin air by drawing
i dont know how
but im doin it man
im makin it hapen
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:59 am

I guess I could use tumblr more but how do you talk to people via tumblr? Keep in mind that I HAVE a tumblr, I just don't really know how to USE it.

Also, Spark, you could probably alchemize it by combining a 3D pen with something. Maybe combine it with Pictionary Modus? 3D pens are a real thing by the way. Hmm, if you don't have one of those, maybe combine a pen with 3D glasses or something?

I'd definitly try to make the weapons the Midnight Crew used in the intermission.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:25 am

wait
3d pens are a thing
how
what

Also you talk through tumblr by using asks. (just add /ask to the url of the blog) And by reblogging people's posts and adding stuff in there.
Do I follow you? I'm not sure I follow you
I'm not sure you follow anybody else here either
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:30 am

Spark follows me, everybody follows me. I'm in the tumblrs. I'm in the codes. I am everywhere and I am on your dash especially!

But I never post so.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:08 am

wait who are you on tumblr
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:32 pm

It's actually incredibly how many times we can repeat topics so often without anybody mentioning it.

Not that that has anything to do with anything we're talking about or anything. Nope.

i got bored again for a bit before I went to bed again :|I swear it's the only time I ever get to do anything fun nowadays.
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:28 pm

butbutbut
i looked through the people im following and i seriously couldnt find who you are
WHO ARE YOU DEE
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:49 pm

Yeah, Stealth Rock doesn't need to be a TM again.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:11 pm

I dunno. I would've agreed in 4th gen certainly, and 5th gen, but now... there's all these pokemon who could really use it to make them able to compete with the older guys, and fact is, with Defog it's way easier to get rid of than it ever has been, Rapid Spin is still a thing (though needs better distribution), and frankly SR is the only thing really keeping MPinsir, MChar X, MChar Y, Thundurus, and Dragonite (and Volcarona if all those things above were gone for some reason) from being outright broken. Don't forget, flying types are immune to entry hazards bar stealth rock. Nowadays it does more good than harm. That said I'd only want it back if Rapid Spin OR defog (preferably both) also got TMs or tutors.

(Moltres is actually viable :0 )

EDIT: AND TALONFLAME, WOAH SHIT HOW DID I FORGET TALONFLAME??? that thing would be so scary without Stealth Rock cutting it in half. Even with all recoil-moves, a shitty base attack, and SR weakness, Talonflame is scarily good at what it does. i.e wreck everything that isn't a stall team.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:14 pm

Not Dee, D_what, Dee_what, Dewott, Dunny, DunnyCT or EoinsAccountName, that is for certain.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:14 pm

Defog definitely needs to be a tutor move in Z, because at the moment isn't our only option to trade something from DPPt to HGSS where it can be transferred up? I don't anticipate any changes in the TM lineup, although I could be wrong.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Well, HGSS got a change and that was pretty cool. But BW2 didn't iirc? Probably because TMs are regional.

COME ON RSE REMAKE!!! Or, that new region they've been talking about. I really REALLY want a Defog TM. Really really really. So bad. (or a tutor)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next