Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+16
Spark Eletran
tailoredGoose
Xaber
tinning3
Gelatino
Hanky Panky
muffinz
phantasmalDexterity
d_what
kotakun
cephalopodAscendant
OverlordJ
Hytheter
variegatedDreamraptor
invisibleTerrarium
NinteNerd
20 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 20 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:34 pm

im starting to think i might be a non-believer.

...all hail flareon. ḑ̶͍̜̪̩̽͞ê̷̺̞̒͆ͯ̔ͩ͝m̢̺̪͔̰͎̦̹̦͓̽̒͝ȯ̯͖̭̘̺̿̎ͣc͔͇̭̩̬̉ͮ̾ͅr̥̮ͩͥ̆ͥ͋ͮa̶̢͓̙̖͕͉̙̯̙͛͆͂͌ͧ̿͒ͨc̷̴̪̟̣̪͚̟̏́̃̀̚y̧̨͕̮̫̤͉͐ͦ
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 20 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by kotakun Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:43 pm

that was a foolish choice you domeass
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Whoops lmao forgot to comment.

Looks like you're gonna have difficulty with Ghosts, Octi! Dark types too but those are typically less of a concern. But excepting a bit of difficulty with Greninja, a simple Talonflame/Aegislash will sweep your team pretty badly and they still have four slots to work with. And they're both really common Neutral Mandibuzz? Dark type wall. Or something with Justified. Although Physical Lucario and Terrakion will both have difficulty with Aegislash and Tflame.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:13 pm

I miss the days when Steel resisted Ghost and Dark :I

Thanks for looking over my team! Mandibuzz sounds like an interesting idea, I'll probably look up a few sets for it. Mostly I'm worried about Aegislash, and was thinking of maybe using Malamar (but then another Psychic type--maybe for my gen6 monopsychic team)...
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:05 pm

I don't think you'll have room for Malamar. I like Malamar, definitely, it's got a cool design and concept and all that... but it's not good. Just... dem stats. And kinda dat typing. It needs a lot of support and putting it on a mono-psychic team would be the opposite of a good thing. P.S; I wouldn't bother with MegaAlakazam. Regular one is a lot more useful with a sash. Useful revenge killer. Also, sudden IDE: a Talonflame of your own will help neuter Aegislash (sometimes), as well as bugs and steels that stop your sweep and takes out frailer ghosts like Gengar easily or the two grass/ghost walls. 10/10 would recommend. Bit of a type clash with Mandibuzz and Victini, but it does give you an excuse to use the Defog set... overall it's still too much of a clash though.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:43 pm

d_what wrote:will help neuter Aegislash

I don't know why I'm giggling at this, but I am.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Maybe I could replace Victini with Talonflame and use something else instead of Mandibuzz? Or Talonflame instead of Mandibuzz? :0

Somehow life was easier when my team consisted of only Psychic types because there was such a limited number of them
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:27 am

d_what wrote:It's also clearly a Hanky Fact® so we shouldn't take it like it's a fact. Hanky Facts® are supplied to treat boredom and excessive thread derailment and dosage should not exceed two Facts® per week. Consult your local Kotakun should the following symptoms appear: continued boredom, prolonged thread silences, suddenly being Drega, and pregnancy. Hanky Facts® should not be taken while pregnant or in control of a large automated vehicle.

hey now don't try to drag my name through the mud

i dated plenty of girls who listened to my opinion and none of them ended up pregnant. well, not until they moved on to dating someone after me.

AND THEN THEY ALL TRY TO FUCKING CRAWL BACK YEARS LATER LIKE I'M THE BEST GOD DAMN THING SINCE SLICED BREAD

BITCH I KNOW, THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT YOUR LOSS, NOT MINE

sorry
it's been a long weekend
also a long couple of months since i talked to one of my exes who misinterpreted my clear statement to her that talking was a form of personal catharsis for myself to mean that i'm okay with her sending me facebook messages every few weeks, apologizing for all the shit she put me through and pleading for me to reply.

how's that for thread derailment
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:59 am

Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:01 pm

Well. That sure was a thing that happened. Yes indeed.

Okay so I had a look at some shtuff.

Talonflame:
Spoiler:

Breloom:
Spoiler:

Mandibuzz:
Spoiler:

Moar on Greninja and Metagross and things later.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Hm. I bet a special Fairy or Grass type would work fantastically with Talonflame. Maybe Florges, since it gets lots of Grass moves naturally and that counters both the Tyranitar and RotomW threats? I could see them working really well together.

In my limited experience Breloom is highly threatening if you don't have a counter but with half an ounce of luck you can thrash it.

Mandibuzz sounds like a lot of fun. Remind me to look into that when I'm setting up competitive mons in Y. Needs special walls to switch into though, obviously. Perhaps Gastrodon or Jellicent (riskier) since I've never seen them get OHKO'd except through a super duper Grass move, and that wouldn't be used on Mandibuzz anyways.

Looking forward to your Metagross analysis, since as many of you know my dear Panzer is one of my favorites from my Black 2 team.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:47 pm

Sadly Metagross is a lot less viable now because of Steel's nerf. Foul Play in particular must be really painful now...
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:49 pm

They're not really analyses. Just points to consider tailored specifically to Octi's Team-In-Progress. BUT ANYWAY.

On topic:
Florges!
Spoiler:

Now for the srs bsns.
Greninja:
Spoiler:

Metagross:
Spoiler:

gonna stop for now in case my battery dies and I lose everything.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:10 pm

I guess the reason I liked Metagross was that it had a very reliable Attack stat and a very characteristic, albeit versatile, moveset of Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Hammer Arm, and Earthquake. It's a shame it's so much less viable in Gen 6. Maybe I'll try putting it in a team with a Wisher, since I've never tried that before.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Holy carp d_what should be sainted.

I'm going to try Mandibuzz and Talonflame alternately (probably going to replace Victini for them and then stick in a supportmon in my last slot for each one) and see which one is better at floating my hypothetical team boat. I've been running Metagross with EQ, Meteor Mash, Stealth Rock, and Bullet Punch but not getting enough chances to get rocks up. Probably just me, though.

I also don't have any megas on my team, not sure if it's an issue...
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:01 pm

Oh, sorry. I was sainted a few years ago. I've forgotten what it was for but it was pretty definite,and I don't think they let you stack them. I was also a duck for a year. It's all on my C.V. (hire me pl0x)

Anyway, I think if you're gonna use Talonflame, make it banded, and use a U-turning Greninja too. You also need a spinner, that's mandatory. Without one you won't be able to test Talonflame properly. And it works best with a bulky grass type to pivot to; e.g. Tangrowth, Amoongus, Trevenant, Gourgeist and MegaVenusaur (though the two ghosts bring problematic Dark and Ghost weaknesses) are good examples.
Likewise, if you're testing Mandibuzz, please please use it in conjunction with a Fighting type that fulfills your needs, otherwise it's not a valid test. I do think Conkeldurr is your best bet, being reliably strong, bulky, a plain fighting type and generally not being something like Terrakion or Breloom, or god forbid Heracross/Infernape/Hawlucha/Toxicroak/Scrafty. Not being able to set up rocks several times in a match with Metagross is likely because you can't force enough switches or find enough switch-in opportunities; this is ALL down to teammates, and as shown earlier, with Mandibuzz and a bulky Fighting type, this should be the opposite of a problem! Another important thing on this end is: All of this core is physical. You're going to need some special representatives elsewhere, and a setup sweeper would be nice too.

Related: Drega, Metagross + Sylveon work pretty well together when working from scratch. It also causes a lot of pains for Dragons... because of this, use them with a setup Dragon of your own! Sylveon can run a moderately effective cleric (Moderate wishes + heal bell) set that can mono-attack with decently strong Pixilate Hyper Voices; I think you'd have a pretty good core going here.

And finally; nobody NEEDS megas. They're just another type of Pokemon. Sure, MegaCharizard are both S rank and both very dangerous, and you could argue that you should never NOT use them, or Pinsir or Venusaur, but when has that ever NOT been true in any given generation? Use an appropriate Mega if it fills a hole in your team. For reference: Alakazam is currently ranked as a solid B rank Pokemon, alongside pokes like Blissey, MegaBlastoise, Scolipede, Sylveon, Starmie and Volcarona. Mega Alakazam, on the other hand, is a C+, alongside Machamp, Gardevoir, Dugtrio, the grass ghosts, and the other less useful Megas (Amp/Aero/Abom).

Heheheh you two could be version-exclusive Metagross-using gym leaders Very Happy In a competitively themed game anyway. Not shitty type leaders.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:03 pm

i felt better today than i have in a long time.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:04 pm

Well that's good. Any idea why today feels better/the recent past felt crummy?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Closure. Telling said ex that i have no intentions of ever getting back together with her.
it wasn't enough to just ignore the issue. i felt like it needed to be addressed and dealt with in a mature fashion. which is what i did.

i feel like a weight's been lifted off my shoulders.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:25 am

Holy shit, I totally forgot to check this forum, I had the tab open all this time and just forgot it, whoops

How's everyone doing, what did I miss?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:37 am

Ummmm

Lots of math, train derailment, and overanalysis of a team.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:29 am

Are you sure that was math, it looked more like magical runes, I thought D_What was trying to summon the captain again but using magic formulae instead of card games.

In other news, the pokemon news discussion took on the topic of pokemon game discussion, the pokemon game discussion took on the general chat, and the general chat is now the pokemon news discussion.

Well okay that's an exaggeration, none of that is true except for the first one, but it's only a matter of time.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:33 am

everything is the everything else discussion thats the first rule of fight club
the second rule is of course you talk about pokemon quarantine to everyone in world as much as possible
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:37 am

Hey kotakun have you ever heard of the movie quarantine? Well I know this website that's exaclt ylike that except it's for pokemon discussion and not at all about demonic possession. It's on the mspa forums, look for the pokemon discussion thread.

mspa
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 20 Empty movie quarantine

Post by kotakun Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:52 am

hello mspaf tinning directed me here from pokemon quarantine which you should so check out or at least i think he did the directions were kind of confusing so i hope that i ended up in the right spot but it looks like it so im pretty confident anyways i heard you like movies well i too am a partaker in the films of choice quality for instance i saw margin call for a class that im in now that was a brilliant execution on the themes of capitalism right before the subprime mortgage crisis and it quite easily allowed a marxian analysis on the movie which was helpful because of the paper we had anyways so what are some good movies you have seen for some of your classes here?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next