Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+16
Spark Eletran
tailoredGoose
Xaber
tinning3
Gelatino
Hanky Panky
muffinz
phantasmalDexterity
d_what
kotakun
cephalopodAscendant
OverlordJ
Hytheter
variegatedDreamraptor
invisibleTerrarium
NinteNerd
20 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 21 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by d_what Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:21 pm

That.

Looks a lot like spam text. Are you secretly a Nigerian Prince?? You are, aren't you. Lucky devil.
(un-sorry for your loss Hanky, good for you, p.s. whenever people apply "weight off my back" to relationships I immediately assume the other half is more than a little portly and also fond of piggybacks. Happy mental image there.)

I think until we have news, or serious Pokemon things to talk about, the other threads can also be general chat since nobody really minds and anyway thread-swapping constantly can be annoying. But if we have news then it should be the main topic here. But we don't, so we can't.

So Mega Lucario and Genesect have been booted (read: gently nudged) into Ubers, that's kinda news. Deoxys-S hasn't been and currently Thundurus-I and possibly the 'zards are suspect. Prankster Thunder Wave and 'dem stats are admittedly a bitch, but I hope the 'zards aren't too strong for OU now that the big guns are gone. People like them and the shitstorm will never end, and anyway they DO provide variety. Not to say they're not too strong, only time will tell. Gamefreak should really pay more attention to this stuff :/
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 21 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:00 am

usually when i say weight off my shoulders i am alluding to the myth of atlas
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:03 pm

Internet services for all nintendo games on DS and Wii are going to come offline later this year. This means no more ds/ wii games will be able to utilize in game features that required being online, such as pokemon Gen 4 and 5 trading, battling etc, mario kart races, everything.

Services that don't count on nintendo such as netflix or third party games that don't need nintendo services, as well as the eshop on the wii and the dsi shop will stay online though.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Well of course they're keeping the eShops open. They can still make money off of them. And the exact date is May 20, so you still have a couple months to squeeze whatever it is you'd need/want to get done. Honestly, at this point there's not a whole lot of worthwhile stuff that's getting cut off.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Most DS games don't even work with internet nowdays, so that's not really much of an issue anyway unless you can find some other way to connect.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:45 pm

I'm still kind of upset about that.

I means I need to hurry up a bit with breeding on my Black game if I want to sepd some of them to my gen 6 game.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:56 pm

You'll still be able to transfer Pokémon up from Gen V to Gen VI since Bank is a 3DS app.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:18 pm

Oh, alright then
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:54 pm

Information on AZ's Floette has been coming out, which isn't odd. Neither is the fact that it has a different base stat spread, that's just unusual.

What's odd is that it's competitively viable. First time for everything I suppose. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-eternal-flower-or-floette-e.3501085/
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:06 am

That is actually very interesting
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:23 pm

Light of Ruin, jesus fuck.
Thats the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:25 pm

I stopped trying to make sense of attack names when I learned that Psycho Boost was a move that actually lowered your special attack stat, rather than boosting it.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:04 pm

more like psycho poop
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:06 pm

I'm still not sure how you're supposed to parse Mold Breaker. Are we talking mold as in the fungus, or mold as in that thing they use to give objects shapes in manufacturing? And how does either actually apply to the ability's effect?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:08 pm

it breaks the mold; i.e., it defies what's been set in stone. seeing as how mold breaker nullifies the enemy pokemon's ability, i'd say it's an appropriate name.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:10 pm

Yeah, that's another one that confused the hell out of me until I gave up and looked it up.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:56 pm

pokemon
trozei
four in a row and youre good to go

or pokemon is making up for bank by releasing this on the 12th in japan 13th in the rest of the world and 20th in the us

wait thats not making up for bank thats exactly the same thing as bank
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:46 pm

they're going to delay trozei for about 2 months outside of japan
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:51 pm

only two months i thought that was how many centuries it would be delayed
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:36 am

BREAKING NEWS: I BEAT POKEMON Y
IT DIDN'T EVEN TAKE A HUNDRED HOURS
ONLY NINETY NINE HOURS AND THIRTY SEVEN MINUTES

Also, I just got the national dex. 504 fucking seen, 390 fucking caught. I'm more than halfway and I haven't even tried. This is ridiculous.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:13 am

Dang, I only got four gym badges so far.

Good for you  Very Happy 
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Congrats Drega! You are now well on the way to becoming a true Pokemon master. We should battle and stuff.

Except I STILL can't figure out a team. My team-building powers do not work on myself Sad Octi, you're in charge in the meantime. Of the things. That I would do. If I was doing them. Which I'm not. So... I guess you don't have to either? Screw it, Drega, I'm putting you in charge of battling yourself. If you don't win we'll all be very (disappointed?) confused. Octi can referee. She needs assistance. OJ, you are in charge of assigning the right person to the job of person who picks the assistants. Delegate wisely.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:10 pm

Hang on, I have to go check and see if the world's ending.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:14 pm

...and?

Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:15 pm

It's normal for the skies to rain blood, right?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next