Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 37 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by Dregadude Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:52 pm

And here I thought it was just me being unable to read. I swear, I transferred four boxes over to Y, and I didn't ever do it with the right game card in the first time.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 37 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:22 pm

That's what I did, too. It's pretty obtuse. my pattern was "transfer box 1 to bank; transfer pokes to box 1; transfer bank box to Y version; start at step 1 again"
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Okay, so a couple of my friends and I have started doing a weekly video games/nerdy stuff radio show. Check it out here if you're interested: it runs from 7-9PM every Wednesday (that's in one hour).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:13 pm

i was about to ask whether or not the snow affected your classes but you live in the middle of the mountains

where it snows a lot more often than the Triangle area.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:40 am

cephalopodAscendant wrote:
Yo. According to Bulbapedia, critical hits have ignored detrimental stat stages since Gen II (technically Gen II worked slightly differently, but there was the same intent behind it).
oh, so there's not anything drastically different, the ratio just scales weirdly now.

man every time i read articles and stuff containing gen1 i see the phrase "but due to a glitch"
anway, i misinterpreted what you said there, D_what; i took it to mean 'no stat recoil if a crit lands'.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:02 am

do you know what also sucks about pokebank [besides the convoluted transfer method]?

it doesn't tell you about internet connection problems until you go to save and quit.

I SPENT TWO HOURS ORGANIZING MY LIVING DEX
TWO HOURS TO GET EVERYTHING INTO POSITION, AND THEN
'SERVER ERROR'
AND EVERYTHING MOVED BACK
also i'm at 610 with everything transferred. a lot of it is just more links in the same evolutionary line to acquire.
how on earth do i have graveler and golem but not geodude
alakazam and abra but no kadabra.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:14 am

To answer your unstated question, HP, classes were cancelled today and tomorrow. We got a ton of snow. And I do live in the Triangle; I just go to college in Asheville. And NN, I've somehow seen Roggenrola and Gigalith, but not Boldore.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Well, I'm snowed in! Which means that Pokebank time, finally.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:06 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:To answer your unstated question, HP, classes were cancelled today and tomorrow. We got a ton of snow. And I do live in the Triangle; I just go to college in Asheville. And NN, I've somehow seen Roggenrola and Gigalith, but not Boldore.

I know you live in the triangle. That's why I said you were in Asheville, because yesterday was during the spring semester and not a break. Razz
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:43 pm

You said "you live in the middle of the mountains". Easy to see how that might have been misinterpreted?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:59 pm

okay. you live there during the school year.

just like i said i lived in wilmington while i was in school at uncw.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:48 pm

I live down that side road over the bridge, y'know, the one that goes to bird hill but before that
Since we're all being technical and whatnot.

So guys. EVOLUTION. How is everyone on evolution? The Darwin kind, and not the... More obviously related... Pokemon kind.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:04 pm

What do you mean d?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:58 pm

I've never actually heard/ read any of the arguments against evolution (and I mean by real scientists who know what they're talking about, not just creationists), so saying that I whole heartedly agree with it would be closing my mind to other options, which imo is never a good idea in the field of science unless it's something concrete like gravity. Nonetheless I'm pretty sure in it's validity. There's too much evidence in support of it, just look at the giraffe example, they didn't start out with those huge necks. They used to be a lot shorter, until eventually they ate most of the lower hanging leaves on trees which was their only food, and only the freaky longer necked giraffes could reach leaves from the high trees, while the shorter necked giraffes died out. A simple but perfect example.

Mind you, it's hard to argue against the headlining argument against evolution.

tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:21 pm

giraffes evolved longer necks because OTHER animals were eating the low-hanging leaves. so in order to survive, natural selection favored the giraffes that could reach higher-up leaves that weren't being eaten. if the giraffes were capable of eating the low-hanging leaves on trees, they would never have evolved the longer necks, because neck length wouldn't have mattered. basically natural selection found traits that favored giraffes finding a niche in the ecosystem.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:10 pm

tinning3 wrote:unless it's something concrete like gravity

I think I remember someone saying that scientists are more certain about the theory of evolution then they are about the theory of gravity.

Just pointing that out.

And yeah, I am very much in favour of both evolution and gravity.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Well, we know how evolution works. We're still not entirely clear on how gravity works; about all we can say about it is that it does work.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Hanky Panky wrote:basically natural selection found traits that favored giraffes finding a niche in the ecosystem.

Isn't that evolution in a nutshell? Animals that have specific unique traits thrive in surroundings that their brethren don't and survive to breed, thus passing down the traits to future generations, thus evolving, like the longer necked giraffes thriving over the shorter necks.

OverlordJ wrote:I think I remember someone saying that scientists are more certain about the theory of evolution then they are about the theory of gravity.

Really? That's interesting, I'd have thought a downward acting force/ the pull of objects on other objects would be more solid a theory than evolution, something which only exists over a period of time and not observeable at any single moment.

On the other hand, a 'survival of the most well suited variation' theory is easier to defend than 'objects with a giant mass have thier own pull' theory. I'm interested in any arguments against gravity now actually, gonna google them.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:23 pm

Gravity is easier to observe, but a true theory requires you to explain how and why the phenomenon you've observed happens. Nobody's questioning whether gravity really exists, but they are questioning what makes it happen in the first place.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:58 pm

can you really explain why anything happens in the first place
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:13 pm

Because I am.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:09 am

Little Mac confirmed playable for Smash 4. His Final Smash has him Hulking out, and he has some sort of meter above his damage that seems to power up his attacks somehow (I'm guessing knowledge of the Punch-Out games might explain it better).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:20 am

Giveaway time yo

So, I'm breeding for a perfect (6) relaxed (+def -speed) Tangrowth; Assault Vest, Giga Drain/EQ/Knock Off/Rock Slide (for Talonflame), and I'm pretty sure I nearly have it, but one of the spitbacks was a 31/31/31/31/31/x female Relaxed Regenerator Tangela which happens to have Hidden Power Ice. Which is actually one of Tangrowth's main sets, even coming before Rock Slide. I don't need it. Slap some moves and EVs (and levelling, and evolution, and an assault vest...) on it and it's ready to go. Anybody interested? Don't know what the speed IV is but at base 50 with no EVs and a negative nature it's not going to matter much. The set's below.
Spoiler:

It's got very positive responses so far, and looks like a lot of fun if you're bored of MVenusaur/Gourgeist/Trevenant. Unrelated, the Tangela is a mostly direct descendant of the Bulbasaur Air gave me.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Hmm. Sounds like a bit of fun. I'll bite, but I can't be online for the next few hours, I've got fencing. I can be on at like one-ish EST. So for ireland i believe that's six, but don't quote me on that.

E: yeah that's six
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:06 pm

if you have others with 3+ perfect IV's, i'll take a male for breeding fodder. :u
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next