Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 39 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by tinning3 Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Come get me when it's 12345.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 39 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:58 am

tinning3 wrote:I've also been playing FF7 on the psp

i could quite literally recommend at least 5 JRPGs that you could play on your PSP that would be a better investment of your time. i apologize if i sound condescending. i don't have any nostalgia for ff7 at all. it is the second worst final fantasy game, close on ff13's heels. in comparison to the grand schema of video games, it's a solid game with more bugs than it should have. however, in comparison to the rest of the ff series, it's easily outshined by 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12.

so here are 5 JRPGs that you can play on your PSP that are better than ff7:

1. Chrono Cross
  2. Personal 3 Portable
  3. final fantasy 6
  4. final fantasy 8
  5. final fantasy 9
  6. xenogears
  7. legend of dragoon
  8. kingdom hearts birth by sleep
  9. final fantasy tactics/war of the lions
  10. disgaea 2: dark hero days
  11. disgaea: afternoon of darkness
  12. dissidia/012

so that's more than 5.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:02 am

i'm going to rule to allow these goomies just this once

because moist megan is "teh lolz"
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:41 am

hp have i mentioned you're the best admin a man could ask for

Spoiler:
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:16 am

Eh, if you get past all the hype and the hype backlash and all the exaggerated hype and all the fan dumbs and fan haters that comes with it, FF7 is still a pretty good game. Replaying the game has made me like Cloud again as well, since it's the real cloud and not the fake emo version everyone seems to think of him as, and it's nice to have that, although it makes me annoyed that such an interesting character has a been exaggerated into just an emo git by everyone, when that should just be Squall's title.

Unfortunatly we don't have crono cross on our psn in europe, otherwise I actually was planning to buy it before FF7. I've already replayed pretty much every final fantasy up to 9 in the past year, except for FF2 because I'm not a big fan, so they're no bother.

About disgaea, I'm stuck on a disgaea 1 level where there's a full level of geo panels that give the enemy 100% defence, and the geo pyramid thingy is on the other end of the map so i'm too intimidated to try beat that.

And I've already completed Dissidia/012. I haven't unlocked Feral Chaos yet, but I was so close it pained me to have to give up, and I kinda regret that but eh. Maybe i'll give it another playthrough...
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:05 pm

What you do to solve a geo puzzle like that is stack and throw. Put a character that you know is strong enough to destroy the geo panel on top and throw him/her all the way over. Take time and work out how to complete the puzzle with a single panel destruction.

Plus, 100% defense means that their defense stat is simply doubled. Even if you don't feel like solving the puzzle, you can just grind to get past it.

Feral Chaos is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.

also i agree that squall is an emo git. which is why Zell is my favorite character in FF8. At least he's upbeat, even if he is a bit daft.

i wish i could recommend a Tales game to you that was playable on the psp/vita other than radiant mythology. radiant mythology was kind of.... garbage. i bought it way back when because it was another tales game and i was still playing and replaying symphonia at the time. but things went south from there.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:22 pm

*sniff* thank you <3
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:01 pm

Riiight the ol' stack and throw, that makes sense. I'll just get an army of prinnies for that, fool proof plans!

Yeah grinding probably would work as a last resort. I really need to reinstall disgaea, I needed room for all my final fantasys.

Yeah it took half my team to take him down to half, and then the rest of my team sucked too much to finish it. Or at least, I wasn't used to using them on actual hard fights.

I think Selphie is my favourite FF8 character (if we're not including laguna obviously) with Zell a close second. although I will admit that I like Squall in Dissidia because I find it easy to spam decent HP attacks with him.

Are there any tales on the DS/ wii? Because that's an option too. Speaking of which, this reminds me of a news item I need to post in the news discussion!
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:05 pm

ugh cheaters

/*gelatino banhammer plox
or ban everyone else instead
we'll make our own forum
yeaaaaah
wait, we kind of already did this
nvm they can stay */

Hey guys how often do you do the Lumiose lottery? Quick! Do it now! But seriously though. Now that bank has happened, about 3/4s of my boxes are filled with unique IDs, and I've got 3 rare candies, 6 PP Max, bucket loads of PP up, and... no Master Balls yet. But they're coming, I can smell it in the air.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:05 pm

Is it the Wi-Fi thing because we all know that, probably.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:26 pm

tinning3 wrote:Are there any tales on the DS/ wii? Because that's an option too. Speaking of which, this reminds me of a news item I need to post in the news discussion!

There's Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS, though I imagine that's going to be difficult to get ahold of. Also Tales of Symphonia 2 (subtitled something like dawn of the new world and age of aquarius or something) but that game's shit just like tales of the world. or you could track down a $60 (USD) copy of tales of symphonia for the GCN
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:27 pm

i've only won a single pp max.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:49 pm

Thanks to Wonder Trade, I'm now at the point where I always get something from the Lotto ID, and I can't remember the last time I only had a single digit match.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:04 pm

I do it regularly, and I always get at least a moomoo milk. I get a pp max a quarter of the time.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:15 pm

i also have only used the lotto like 8 times in the course of me playing xy
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:30 pm

If I could find my way around that shithive city without calling a taxi every two seconds maybe I'd do the same.

Also if I wasn't currently mired in Victory Road.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:42 pm

Always remember: All of the major attractions are always clockwise from the fly points, the closest flypoint being the based on whether you'd expect to see the attraction early game or late game. The lotto is early game: Fly to lower Lumiose, go clockwise, take first major right. It's also the first building on the right, colored green. 3 star restaurant: Exact same thing but start off at the top half of Lumiose. Black building. Battle Institute: Head the same way you would with the restaurant, but instead of turning right to enter the avenue, continue straight and the Institute is right there. Can't honestly think of anything else you'd do regularly, most things stop after a certain point, e.g. hotel, Looker quests, wide lens, mega stone, hatching power etc.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:43 pm

I always get there from the Central Lumiose Pokémon Center.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:15 pm

That sounds really confusing d_what...

As for names, I am quite proud of some but I never really regret any as far as I can remember.

I name a lot of my pokemons simply names. In my first game, I started the game with Ben the Bulbasaur. In the second gen I played with Andi the Cyndaquill.

In Black I started with Marianne the Oshawott, who actually IS named that for a reason, I named her after Mary Read and Anne Bonny.

Besides her, lets look who else is on my team in Black

Main Team:
Quechua the Sigilyph
Fluffy the Whimsicott (Because she's fluffy, that's all)
Koopa the Krookodile (Yeah, not a turtle but a sort of criminal reptile I guess?)
Sleipnir the Zebstrika
Lassie the Stoutland

Old members:
Alfred the Herdier
Bruce the Swoobat

Special:
Loki the Ditto
Sammy the Lillipup
Marple the Gothitelle
Shadow the (shiny) Zorua
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:33 am

d_what wrote:. And I still hold that Samson is the best possible name for a male Mawile.

Hey guys: What were the nicknames that, in recent times, you felt most proud of/least impressed by?

disagree:
i'm proud of most of my nicknames. LordTechno the tyranitar and I AM ERROR the porygon2 i particularly like.
some of my older pokemon are named after memes though, i ah.. i don't really use those guys in battle any more. those are by far the worst, though there's a few more boring ones like Tazer for jolteon.
i'm not even going to begin to dive into all the names of the ones that aren't my team pokemon.
...i do have a trio of Dunsparse named Chewbacca, Twinkies, and LEEEROOOOY though. for reasons.

ANYWAY.
so i've been using GTS to fill out the lower tiers of lines i don't have. y'know, pineco, shroomish, castform, tropius, etc. i find myself in need of a finneon, so i put up an old zangoose from B2. finneon comes over within a few hours and it's sHINY?!?!?!??
LITERALLY EVERY OTHER FINNEON/LUMINEON ON GTS IS DEMANDING LEGENDS, AND I PUT UP A CRAPPY ZANGOOSE AND GET A SHINY?!?!?!
?!?
also i got a buncha cool stuff from wonder trade. more on that in its appropriate tread later.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:04 pm

Congrats
does anyone know if finneon is fishable in xy? it may have been a chain fished shiny and that's why whoever traded it to you didn't value it much. regardless, it's still a shiny and that makes it valuable.

shiny scizor looks a lot better in xy than it did in previous generations.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:22 pm

nope, it's been transferred from sinnoh.
if it was fishable in xy i would have caught  my own

there's a lot of shinies that look better in x/y.
...except Persian. many shinies are barely distinguishable from their normal colors, but i cannot tell the difference between normal and shiny persian at ALL.

pokedex completion at 677seen/646caught; completed kalos dex not long ago. mostly just legends to get now, those'll be some fun GTS shenanigans >_>
bless those hackers who make 6IV shinies of legends and hand them out for ridiculous things, like floette.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:17 pm

I can actually tell the difference between regular and shiny Garchomp a bit better in XY. Shiny Garchomp is more gray. Ironic when shiny Gible and Gabite are more blue. Anyways, nicknames:
Spoiler:

Also, my method for getting to the Lotto ID: Fly to Central Lumiose. Head off to the right into Magenta Plaza, then take the left exit to Estival Avenue. The Lotto ID will be forward and to the right, by the mother who's giving her kid a gambling addiction.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:08 am

It feels a little weird to say this, but I'm already thinking about restarting X so I can get started on a Nuzlocke run of it. Normally I'd never consider deleting a save file so soon after completing it, but I've been anticipating this run for a while now, and I really can't think of many reasons not to just go for it other than "but i can't throw away my very first playthrough already!" After all, I can keep literally every pokèmon I own thanks to the pokèbank, and there's not that much left to do in post-game for me. All I've got left to do is fight in those Battle __ places and, uh... catch a buncha pokèmon? Neither of which are very high on my list of priorities.
I'm just torn 'cause every part of me is saying "yeah do it already!" but it still feels wrong somehow.

Um
I hope I'm understanding it right and I really can bring all my pokèmon over to the new file with the pokèbank?
Like, I can put all of them into the bank, start a brand-new file, and take them out of the bank into the new file, right?
That is a thing you can do and I didn't just misunderstand?

Unrelatedly, this post was written on a 3DS! I am sitting in my bed at 3:30 AM typing instead of sleeping because I am very excellent at using my time wisely.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:05 pm

You can store all of your Pokémon in Bank, start a new file, and put them on the new file. However, you'll need to make arrangements for any items you want to keep (like the Blazikenite). I'll take your X-exclusive Mega Stones if you don't want them (since you'll just get new ones in the new file).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next